This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Skyfall Teaser Trailer Rough Cut (TAKE WITH A PINCH OF SALT)

76 replies to this topic

#61 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Um, I would be happier if Bond were happily employed and working - since the last words he said to "M" (and us) were: I never left.

Yep, good old days when he was just sent on a mission and had some fun while he was at it.

I miss the Cold War.
Wait, wrong thread.

It´s recurrent, in all threads. But I think we´re in for a special treat this time round. Just a feeling of course.

#62 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, haven't read YOLT in ages. There was this feeling in the novel, that 007 was burned out thought. I have a feeling they have drawn onto that. Also that this film is set way after Quantum of Cobblers

#63 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Quantum of Solace.

#64 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Indeed.

#65 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

This is a true report and trailers do screen. They are tested on audiences who usually must sign off posting about it on the internet.

Beg to differ. Yes, they do screen - for studio and marketing execs and the producers. Not for a bunch of students. For test screenings of films here in the U.S. they ask before giving you the card if you work in the industry. Sure, not everyone tells the truth, but I've seen people denied entry even for being a film student if they've admitted it.

I've worked at post-production and production companies as well as in entertainment law. The NDA is part of the arrangement for everyone involved.

Spent enough debating this. Whoever it was who posted is probably getting a cheap thrill out the fact that fans like us have gone on about it.

#66 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

At least a 25% has to be true. I remember someone saying the QOS trailer started with a voiceover of Mr. White talking about Vesper etc. and that was the real deal, remember?

#67 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

At least a 25% has to be true. I remember someone saying the QOS trailer started with a voiceover of Mr. White talking about Vesper etc. and that was the real deal, remember?

That was a completely different film, with a completely different person spreading the rumours. So I fail to see how "at least 25% has to be true" simply because someone else was a little bit accurate in describing a trailer four years ago.

#68 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

There used to be a thread where we posted up ideas for what we wanted to see in the teaser trailer, but I cannot for the life of me find it. I have, however, found this thread, so I thought I might revive it and use it for a similar purpose: drawing up our own ideas of what we would like to see in the trailer.

---------------------

My version of the trailer starts with darkness. Then there is a flash of light, forming the animated graphics we have seen on the sets of the Chinese office building. It looks like it might be an advertisement, but then a silhouette prowls through the shot, zeroing in on his target. We don't know it yet, but it's Bond. In the distance, we see a man assembling a sniper rifle, and aiming it. As he does so, Javier Bardem narrates:

"It takes eight pounds of pressure to kill a man. Eight pounds to squeeze the trigger and end a life. They will tell you that this is a very deliberate number - just enough that you cannot fire by accident, but not so much that you cannot shoot when you need to. You and I know differently. Eight pounds is a very deliberate number. You have to mean it. You have to want it. You have to stare down the barrel and make a choice: someone must die."

Bond steps forward out of the shadow, mirroring the first promotional picture. Then, M's voice:

"I never lied to you Bond. I just never told you the truth."

Smash cut to titles.

#69 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Works for me! What accent do you envisage Bardem having in the movie? I remember him saying at the launch news conference that he had to work on his "English vowels", but I presume he'll have a heavily accented voice in some way or another.

#70 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Honestly, I didn't really picture it with any kind of accent. I was thinking of his final scene in NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, when he explains why he has to kill the girl to honour his deal with Josh Brolin (come quietly and your wife will live) - but in this case, he would be unconcerned with someone pointing a gun to his head, and quietly confident that he is in total control of the situation despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. If I had to pick any accent, though, I would say a faint Turkish one.

As for M, she would be annoyed that Bond is challenging her, fully expecting him to understand why she did what she did, even though what she did was something of a slap in the face for Bond.

#71 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yes, it would be great if they could tap into Bardem's ability to portray a character laced with threat who displays it in such an understated manner. His NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN character would well be the inspiration to their vision of his SKYFALL role - sinister, calm, yet prone to savage bursts of violence. Ideal, I'd say.

#72 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

I think EON would need to be careful about that. The calm-measured response would be too close to NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. I'd like to see that aspect of the character behind closed doors, but out in public, he'd be very warm and very open - always smiling, knowing everyone's name, oozing charisma at every turn. Almost Bond-like in his demeanour.

#73 Peckinpah1976

Peckinpah1976

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Bardem is a very versatile actor and Anton Chigurh is pretty much a one-off on his CV, so I don't see any reason to suppose that his character here will resemble it in any way. A pure stab in the dark but I'm expecting him to be outwardly charming and stylish (like Largo or Scaramanga), rather than an outright psychopath.

Edited by Peckinpah1976, 24 February 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#74 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

He'll do well as a magnetic, larger than life, bombastic sort of character - but with a really viscious side. He's a fantastic choice relally.

#75 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yes, I see him playing a big hot-blooded cheek-kissing wine-drinking extrovert. But I imagine he'll have a physical, workingman quality. Not an aristocrat like Lee's Scaramanga. I could almost imagine him playing a younger, less polished version of Marc-Ange Draco.

#76 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Maybe Marc-Ange Draco meets Emilio Largo?

#77 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Frankly, this IMDB user's description sounds too much like a trailer - a "wishful thinking" trailer.

He's even patterned it after the trailers for CR and QOS. Especially where he talks about the music cutting away to silence mid-way through - and then Bond and Eve talking on the roof about him fighting on. Then he says the music revs up again and builds into a series of rapid cuts that lead to the finale. T

This was just like the final trailers for CR and QOS. In the CR trailer, the "turning point" scene was Bond's "whatever I am whatever is left of me I am yours" speech to Vesper - then the music revs up to quick cuts leading to the finale...

In the QOS trailer, the "turning point" scene was Bond and Camille's conversation about "we're both using Greene to get to somebody you lost someone did you catch him yet let me know when you do" in the sinkhole - then the music revs up a la CR to segue into quick cuts leading to the finale.

Seems like this guy is using the template of QOS and CR for his wet dream. Interesting, but still likely a fraud. The memory of that fake QOS storyline from the IMDB boards where Camille is killed by Greene at the end is still very fresh in my indignant mind. It's one thing to post fan fiction and acknowledge it as such, and seek your peers' opinion. We all do that, right? But to pass it off as fact - that's just sad...