103 replies to this topic

#61 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Guys have faith in our mods and admins. Everything will be sorted out sooner or later. There are lots of things to be done.

#62 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

They're looking sleeker by the minute. Nice hussle everyone.

#63 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Thanks all - work is still underway. Having to fit it in amongst work, preparation for Christmas etc...

I want to get the styling in a decent state before investigating what happened with the avatars.

I mentioned further up in the thread that at a certain point, I'd be asking for people to point out styling glitches - now is that time!

If you could provide a link to the page the issue is occurring on and specifically where on the page the style issue is, that'd be most helpful! A screenshot would help a ton too if you have the time! I'll try and get through them as quickly as possible.

#64 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

The profile page still is downright unreadable due to the light writing on the white background. Currently the only help is to highlight the various boxes' content to see what's in them. Sorry, don't know how to provide you with a screenshot there.

The rest looks fine for me. Only the mobile version has trouble to provide 'posts since last visit' from time to time, don't know what's the reason for this; seems to switch to 'unread content' randomly from time to time.

#65 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

The only issue that I've noticed is that, while typing in a reply box, if I use italics or bold, the next time I hit the delete button the cursor jumps back into a random place in the body of text I've just typed and begins deleting from there. Also, the emoticons (smileys, etc.) show up as broken images, like what you would see if you linked to a picture that no longer existed on that link.

Other than that, everything looks fine to me.

#66 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'll second tdalton's post and I'll add that I can't attach pictures from "My Media". Previous attachements can be viewed, but they can not be posted.

#67 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

I just use photobucket or imageshack.

#68 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:43 AM

I just use photobucket or imageshack.

That's ok if you use those facilities. I don't and I can't post a single image from my laptop. I only use images for Fan Fiction covers, and I do enjoy the covers! As far as I can tell the media library only contains images I've already posted. I don't think I can add to it.
Other wise the new look is great and I'm liking it very much. Well done to all at CBN.

#69 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

The profile page still is downright unreadable due to the light writing on the white background. Currently the only help is to highlight the various boxes' content to see what's in them. Sorry, don't know how to provide you with a screenshot there.

The rest looks fine for me. Only the mobile version has trouble to provide 'posts since last visit' from time to time, don't know what's the reason for this; seems to switch to 'unread content' randomly from time to time.

The mobile version seerms to have lost the 'unread content' bug, now the 'posts since last visit' display looks stable.
The colour scheme for the member's profile is still not readable without highlighting (white script/white background).

#70 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

Member's profile is looking splendid now!

Many thanks, I love that new skin.

#71 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

I very much like the new look, just one question...am I right in thinking you can't post pictures?

#72 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

I suppose posting pics is still in the works, don't see why it shouldn't be an option coming soonish.

#73 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

I very much like the new look, just one question...am I right in thinking you can't post pictures?

I raised that yesterday. At present only from a URL or from a previous post (the 'My Library' feature). I too hope this will be resolved in the future.

#74 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

Previously when I would look at a thread it would remember where I last was and take me there, now it always takes me to page 1. Will that be fixed?

#75 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

I had the same problem with my mobile access, then it seemed fixed. An hour ago it seemed bugged again. I haven't had this with the regular net access. I usually klick on 'go to first unread post' in both versions.

#76 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

I've just noticed: if you Google "commanderbond" or "commanderbond forums" and click on the link that leads straight to the forums (rather than to the main page), you actually get delivered to the forum directory. If you did this before the forum upgrade, you got rerouted to a website that offered you a free anti-virus scan before attempting to upload malware under the guise of scanning your system for malicious code.

#77 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Has it always had the option to ignore peoples signatures? If not, very nice, Admiral!

#78 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

I'm finding the new-look CBn extremely difficult to navigate. Seemed rather more user-friendly back in the old days.

#79 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

I'm finding the new-look CBn extremely difficult to navigate. Seemed rather more user-friendly back in the old days.

Is that just the colour scheme or the actual layout of forum pages? Or both!

The layout of pages is a change that the developers of the forum software have made - so it may just take some getting used to. If you're referring to the colour scheme, I'm still fixing the odd quirk here and there.

Having looked through the settings for the updated forum, it appears as though the InvisionBoard developers have done away with avatars. Profile photos is what remains, and the CBn team are currently discussing how we want to manage this, or if we want to keep it at all and just use signatures. Or the other way around.

As for uploads, currently you'll need to upload content elsewhere and then link to it in a post.

#80 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

Profile photos is what remains, and the CBn team are currently discussing how we want to manage this, or if we want to keep it at all and just use signatures. Or the other way around.

If it becomes a choice, I'd rather keep the profile pics and do away with the signatures.

#81 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Profile photos is what remains, and the CBn team are currently discussing how we want to manage this, or if we want to keep it at all and just use signatures. Or the other way around.

If it becomes a choice, I'd rather keep the profile pics and do away with the signatures.

If we had to lose one or the other, I'd also rather keep the profile pictures and do away with the signatures.

#82 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Just a note, for those of us that aren't yet able to provide a profile pic, signatures are nice to have. Also do not see the harm in keeping both.

#83 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

If we were to remove one of the profile pictures or signatures, we'd open up the other to other members so that people weren't without.

#84 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

Is that just the colour scheme or the actual layout of forum pages?

Layout. When I click on "Today's Posts" at the top right-hand corner of the page, I tend to get a message saying "Sorry, no new topics found" rather than the easily-navigable and up-to-the-minute display of threads that I used to get.

And so in order to access discussions, I need to click on "Forums" in the top left-hand corner (between "CBn Main Site" and "Members"), which takes me, of course, to the various different forums. Entering a forum, I get a list of threads. But this list is obviously confined purely to the particular forum I've gone into, and gives me no idea of the discussions that may be taking place in other forums.

Is it possible to get back the good old "one-stop" (and up-to-the-minute) display of discussions occurring across all the forums?

#85 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

Is that just the colour scheme or the actual layout of forum pages?

Layout. When I click on "Today's Posts" at the top right-hand corner of the page, I tend to get a message saying "Sorry, no new topics found" rather than the easily-navigable and up-to-the-minute display of threads that I used to get.

And so in order to access discussions, I need to click on "Forums" in the top left-hand corner (between "CBn Main Site" and "Members"), which takes me, of course, to the various different forums. Entering a forum, I get a list of threads. But this list is obviously confined purely to the particular forum I've gone into, and gives me no idea of the discussions that may be taking place in other forums.

Is it possible to get back the good old "one-stop" (and up-to-the-minute) display of discussions occurring across all the forums?

Once in Today's posts, there's a thing to the left hand side under New Content for Content type and pick Past 24 hours (or whatever you wish - opens up many more options than before). Seems to work ok for me.

#86 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

Same here. It's actually more comfortable once you discover the additional options. I just didn't think of such possibilities before.

#87 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Cheers, fellas.

#88 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

Could the currently stark white 'Reply to this topic' box be made black, as per the rest of the background. Is this an option, to be worked on, or just to be left?

Currently contrasts rather too sharply once used to the white on black of the rest of the presentation.

Cheers.

#89 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Can regular users PLEASE get avatars?! With the Bond characters and emblems gone, the forum looks plain with only Veterans getting them!

#90 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Actually, where are the Bond-related avatars these days? Can't seem to find any, but I distinctly remember this site having plenty back in The Good Old Days™.