358 replies to this topic

#31 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

Wow, don't get me wrong mates...the last image a was fan made, I've did it last night and instead AM I've put it PM. My mistake... :P

xxx

#32 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

Don't take it as a criticism - take it as a compliment. It looks professional enough that it could be something EON themselves produced for the press conference. If it weren't for the AM/PM slip up, I think a lot of people would have taken it as the real thing.

#33 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Anybody knows at what time will it be??
Thank you.

#34 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Thanks Captain, and GGL it looks like it's going to be 11:45 AM (London Time)

xxx

#35 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

The time is only really important if it's being streamed online or something. Otherwise, the press conference might take place at 11:45am, but it will take time for details to reach us. I've been following free practice at the Indian Grand Prix this weekend, and it usually takes about twenty minutes from the time the session ends to the time the first reports emerge. So if there is no streaming, 11:45am will give us a time to keep an eye out for reports, but we're not going to find everything out at 11:45 on the dot. And I wouldn't trust to Twitter - I expect a lot of people will be following those feeds and asking the same questions, so we'd have to sift through it all. Easier to wait for the articles to appear online. The smart journalists won't waste time with Twitter and will get the articles up quicker for it.

#36 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

But on the other hand, last time, Empire published (on their website) text from the press pack an hour or so before the conference started.

They also had a few one-to-one interviews with key cast and crew during the morning, they rushed to get a few scoops that they had found out via these up too. So it will be worth keeping an eye open all day, I would say.

#37 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Oh man.... I'm flying to Europe on that day... I hope I can get the info before my flight leaves!

#38 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

You know we must be excited when we're debating, down to the minute, how fast we'll be able to get information on Thursday.

#39 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

Fantastic! :tup:

#40 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Well, I have a radio program on Thursday at 12:30 more or less (Spanish hour).

I will have to record it the day before, so I don´t know if I could say something like "right now is being broadcasted the Bond 23 conference" or "just a few minutes ago" or "in a few minutes".

The program is about cinema but, of course, Bond is always present ("it" is the program´s tune)...

#41 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

And we'll finally know if David Arnold is on board or not.

Maybe, maybe not.

Marvin Hamlisch wasn't announce as composer for The Spy Who Loved Me until the late winter-early spring of 1977. On the other hand, John Barry was announced as the composer for Moonraker in the fall of 1978 (his "music by" credit was included in advertisements in Hollywood trade publications at the start of production).

We may, indeed, find about David Arnold at the Nov. 3 news conference. But maybe not. I cite these two examples only to show Eon hasn't been consistent over the years.

Any idea on what the tendency has been in more recent times? I figure if the producers have been consistenly announcing the composer at the press conferences of, say, the last five Bond films, and it doesn't happen this time, something might be up. Mendes trying to bring in somebody else, hopefully.

#42 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Time to get some solid news and not that tabloid believe it or not nonsense.

#43 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

I love real news, but truth is, tabloid rumours are fun to begin any Bond film trip. That said, that time has come and gone and yes, bring on the facts! :tup:

#44 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I love real news, but truth is, tabloid rumours are fun to begin any Bond film trip. That said, that time has come and gone and yes, bring on the facts! :tup:

Yeah I don't mind the rumours, no matter how silly. It's just a bit of fun. Looking forward to Thursday though!

:tup:

#45 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Thursday will be grand. I'm very excited by it all!

#46 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing! :D

#47 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Will the conference be televised?

#48 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

Maybe to British viewers. Probably not to others. Your best bet is an online stream.

#49 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Looking forward to this. Very exciting indeed!

#50 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

Maybe to British viewers. Probably not to others. Your best bet is an online stream.

Captain, in Australia, we will get the conference if it's shown on Sky News. Go to Sky News Australia and push the red button. This is how I viewed the press conferences for the past 2 movies, and in particular the announcement of Craig as Bond. So let's hope it's the same again.

-----------

#51 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Not everyone has Sky. I know I don't.

#52 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

Not everyone has Sky. I know I don't.

"Thank you Dave, how nice of you to have taken time to think of me. Unfortunately, I do not have Sky, so I won´t be able to see it in the fashion you so humbly recomended"... ups, not my anwser to give. So sorry.

Jeez Cap, Dave was just trying to help. How caustic can you get man? Still, not my business. I´ve said enough on the matter, even been accused to have defended you (Captain) in several ocasions. But really...not everyone is the enemy or someone who "needs" to be corrected.

About the thread, I hope to catch it on Skynews, even Skynews online may be usefull, I don´t know.. Cheers guys. No harm intended.

Edited by univex, 30 October 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#53 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Excuse me for being caustic. I've been up since 2am when one of my international residents with a cold started complaining of a sore neck and bright lights. I've had a grand total of ninety minutes' sleep in the past twenty-four hours, because suspected cases of meningococcal meningitis are always a bundle of laughs. Fortuantely, she's okay now; the photosensitivity cleared up, and the sore neck was a result of sleeping with her head between two matresses (I'm not entirely sure how she managed that). So I think that if, after a life-and-death situation with no sleep, my biggest problem is that I'm a little short with someone, then I've handed that situation fairly well.

Sky News is a Pay TV channel here in Australia. Maybe I could have been a little less abrupt with Dave, but maybe he could have considered that not everyone can afford Pay TV.

#54 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Excuse me for being caustic. I've been up since 2am when one of my international residents with a cold started complaining of a sore neck and bright lights. I've had a grand total of ninety minutes' sleep in the past twenty-four hours, because suspected cases of meningococcal meningitis are always a bundle of laughs. Fortuantely, she's okay now; the photosensitivity cleared up, and the sore neck was a result of sleeping with her head between two matresses (I'm not entirely sure how she managed that). So I think that if, after a life-and-death situation with no sleep, my biggest problem is that I'm a little short with someone, then I've handed that situation fairly well.

:tup: Glad everyone´s ok. Hope you can get your due rest now.

Sky News is a Pay TV channel here in Australia. Maybe I could have been a little less abrupt with Dave, but maybe he could have considered that not everyone can afford Pay TV.

Dave didn´t have to "consider" anything. Dave didn´t have to try and help you watch the press conference. Hell, Dave didn´t have to post. But he did, and IMO, he was, as ever, a nice fellow. Apart from that, don´t worry Captain, some fan with a good heart like Dave´s, will undoubtubly post videos and/or pictures and if he or she can´t or won´t be able to, I´m sure he or she will be kind enough to tell us what is going on. So, no sweat, everything will be ok :tup: Heck, if I catch it on tv, I´ll be the first one to PM you the details :)

Edited by univex, 31 October 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#55 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

In this day and age, I suspect there will be an online stream of the press conference. I seem to recall seeing one for QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

#56 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

In this day and age, I suspect there will be an online stream of the press conference. I seem to recall seeing one for QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

Probably, we´ll all see it. And then, let the mayhem begin :D :tup:

#57 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

I doubt if the entire thing will be televised live anywhere. Snippets will probably appear online within a few hours, along with press accounts of the discussion. The entire thing might not appear online for several days. When it does, I'll give it a watch, but what really interests me is the facts themselves, and those will be disseminated in real time.

#58 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

That can be the case, but the Cap is right, in this day and age, they could grace us fans with a live broadcast.

Does any member with one of those elephant memories remember exactly how things pan out las time around? I surely can´t :P Someone?

#59 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:37 AM

That can be the case, but the Cap is right, in this day and age, they could grace us fans with a live broadcast.

I don't think it would be a case of EON "gracing us" with a live feed - it's more likely to be someone like the Beeb. The press conference is scheduled for 11.45am on Thursday, and cutting to it would simply disrupt regular programming. They'd be more likely to provide a live stream so that they don't have to cut away. And considering that the likes of the BBC and ITV have news at 1-1.30pm, they'd have the time to film the press conference, edit it down toa three-minute story, and run it in the afternoon news bulletin.

The only problem with this idea is that a lot of terrestrial broadcasters limit the availablity of their online streaming services. I probably wouldn't be able to view the BBC feed without a UK IP address. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, because if the BBC made their content available worldwide, then surely they'd get more viewers.

#60 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

I'll be pleasantly astonished if there's a livestream, considering how reticent Eon have been about this whole press conference. Officially, have they even confirmed the date?