46 replies to this topic

#31 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Guys, this constant bickering is only going to lure in that wench, Santa Josep. Let's avoid that at all costs.

On this thread they can bicker all they like, that's what it's for.

#32 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

I've came to the conclusion that this is probably all Mr Blofelds doing. He clearly has anger management issues, judging by his PM to me last night. He complains about getting bullied, but then after everything is resolved he begins to derail other threads by starting another argument.

MONDAYS ARE HELL

That's better.

Sorry, everyone; get ticked off too easily... and Harkin, shouldn't you be on the Who thread, right now? :cooltongue:

Why bother apologising when you just start another argument with a perfectly innocent member who just decided to share some Bond 23 news, and suggest what role the building could play in the movie?

Now, Blofeld I suggest you take a few weeks leave, or leave all together. I don't care anymore.

Your behaviour of late has not been pleasant in the least. And people wonder why we're losing members. I'm actually surprised you haven't been banned yet. This is not what a James Bond forum is supposed to be.

#33 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

So I take it Gravity has been thrown out and his posts have been deleted? Personally I think that's a bit of a shame. Yes, he was very opinionated and abrasive, but he also made a lot of interesting and entertaining contributions, and frankly I'm pretty sure a lot of his posts (not all, but a lot of them) wouldn't have been a big problem if people had learned to let go once in a while, or at least not risen to his bait every single time. A couple of posters do really, really need to learn not to be quite so precious about their own favourites too.

#34 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

So, as everyone should have noticed by now, the Team has by in large walked away from CBn. This site is on its own, so it's up to all the forum contributors to decide what kind of place this is going to be. Good luck.

If this is true, then it upsets me - there are a host of people who would have likely been willing to help out on the site, but there wasn't really a drive to find anyone to take over. If the site does go under, then I think we would likely loose one of the greatest JB sites on the net - but also the best repository of JB fanfiction on the net.

I'm just grateful I downloaded a lot of the avaliable fanfiction when it was put up - and kept it to read it.

Maybe this is time to put that long-pondered plan of setting up a website exclusively as a repository for JB fanfiction given a lot of the older stuff posted here got lost in the random forum overhauls.

#35 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWk8SzooWBo

5:00, Gravity. Don't miss your part this time. PLEASE. I want to see your performance as Renfield. But I know you'll be nowhere as amazing as Mr. Frye.

Taken from the Craig Turned Bond Down thread:

You're just retarded.

Using that word to describe others gives them permission to use it to describe you, FYI.

But, to paraphrase a wise old man I once knew: 'Who's the more retarded? The retard or the retard that argues with him?'

I guess this fight is over then because you're the retard.

Oh, and by the way, I would never accuse anyone of those things unless there were evidence. In your case...boy, do I have evidence of your retardedness. I have so much evidence against you--hell, EVERYONE on this board does--that it oozes like the blood spilled after the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Maybe very off topic, but I actually bothered to see Dracula (1931), the video from this post. I saw the whole movie, and it was fantastic. There's something about the lack of music that lends itself to the creepiness and atmosphere of the film. Bela Lugosi is traditionally regarded as the best Dracula actor for a reason. Thanks for posting the video!

No problem! How did you like Dwight Frye's performance? He's my favorite actor and his Renfield is the best I've ever seen.

As for the thread, I'm very willing to discuss Bond stuff, but some people (not naming names) are just really prickish. As much as you try to ignore them, you can't. Gravy, for example. He had no right to call Germanlady GermanTranny. That is just rude and disrespectful, even if she is a transsexual.

#36 J B

J B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:09 AM

His Renfield character was nearly as menacing at times as Dracula, actually! He was also creepy, but Dwight Frye did a great job portraying at first a mild-mannered gentleman, and then a complete lunatic. It was a good film, and one of the best horror films I've seen.

#37 honeyjes

honeyjes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

I think the rot set in when the lunatics came out of the asylum in 2005. The bile that was excreted has somehow tainted fandom. Although abated somewhat the stench still lingers throughout many threads and not just on this forum. The language may have changed but the divisive derision dressed up as harmless banter, rib tickling now has a nasty sting to it. Point scoring seems to have replaced civility and respecting others POV.

I’m not sure how this can be turned around because unfortunately being supercilious and playing the victim has now become the norm and an art form for some. As this is at the forefront of many discussions posters who just want to participate in a welcoming environment probably feel alienated, patronised and not welcome by the resident cyber bully(ies)who now have a foothold.

#38 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Extremely well said, honeyjes.

#39 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

As for the thread, I'm very willing to discuss Bond stuff, but some people (not naming names) are just really prickish. As much as you try to ignore them, you can't. Gravy, for example. He had no right to call Germanlady GermanTranny. That is just rude and disrespectful, even if she is a transsexual.

With all due respect, elizabeth, I don't see how this is any worse than you calling people "retards" on these forums. Now, I'm probably the furthest thing from politically correct, but even I realize this is a flat-out childish and ignorant term to throw around.

And haven't you admitted to having an Autistic disorder on this very website? I would assume this would give you some sympathy for people with real mental disabilities and hence you would not stoop as low as to use this term.

#40 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

With all due respect, elizabeth, I don't see how this is any worse than you calling people "retards" on these forums. Now, I'm probably the furthest thing from politically correct, but even I realize this is a flat-out childish and ignorant term to throw around.

And haven't you admitted to having an Autistic disorder on this very website? I would assume this would give you some sympathy for people with real mental disabilities and hence you would not stoop as low as to use this term.

Agreed, very disturbing that such a word is bandied about. Please, all, don't use it. Really not nice at all. Can't envisage any context in which it would be OK.

#41 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

Well, yes, I have, but Gravity didn't have a mental disability (and seemed to pride himself on being born "blessed"), and still acted like one, so what can a fella do? I admit looking back I should have used a different word, but in the heat of my seething anger towards his bigotry, I couldn't think of any other word to describe the phenomenon.

And JB, I agree completely. I feel sorry for Renfield, having to go from completely sane to raving lunatic in a matter of ten minutes.

#42 Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

So, as everyone should have noticed by now, the Team has by in large walked away from CBn. This site is on its own, so it's up to all the forum contributors to decide what kind of place this is going to be. Good luck.

Why would the Team do that?

August of 2011 will go down as a tumultuous time in the history of CBn, and this thread may serve as a relic of this stormy period.

Unless of course this thread is deleted by CBn historians.

#43 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Um, just a thought: why do people take all this so seriously?

Can´t we all see that people who just want to be right all the time will never be happy, not on this forum or any other they are leaving this one for?

I think the mods did a wonderful job letting the problem run its course, without playing police all the time.

Let´s just stop overdramatising everything (including some members leaving) and get on with it. Let´s discuss James Bond.

#44 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Isn't the whole purpose joining these forums to ESCAPE real life drama and issues, and enjoy your passion? How is it possible to bicker with people most have never met in person? You agree, you disagree...at the end of the day it's about Bond or something related to one of these threads on the site. There should NOT be arguing, or name calling, etc...it's ridiculous. The world has become such a hateful, spiteful, pessimistic place...there is no want nor need for that here.

Edited by EyesOnly, 25 August 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#45 Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:26 AM

Um, just a thought: why do people take all this so seriously?

Can´t we all see that people who just want to be right all the time will never be happy, not on this forum or any other they are leaving this one for?

I think the mods did a wonderful job letting the problem run its course, without playing police all the time.

Let´s just stop overdramatising everything (including some members leaving) and get on with it. Let´s discuss James Bond.

Was this a response to my post? Regardless, I am discussing "James Bond" in the Roger Moore Section. I was hoping to get your input on the topic I posted recently. I told you about it in my "What the..." thread. Maybe you didn't see it.

The topic I posted in the Roger section has everything to do with James Bond and Roger Moore. It has nothing to do with "The Team", moderators, banned members, suspensions, etc. So, it might be the breath of fresh air that you, Eyes Only, and others have been looking for since all of this controversy went down.

#46 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

There is a very simple solution to all of this.

Whatever moderators are left, issue one final ultimatum to everyone; every single man and woman here that if they continue in this headless action just one more time , then they will be banned from the site at once. Anyone remember what happened to Sam Fisher? That person got out of line and he was swiftly dealt with.

To the ones truly responsible, be ashamed. Be VERY ashamed! Your actions have done nothing to bring tranquility to this site and if I were the administrator here, you'd be gone quicker than greased lightning.

For all the Renfield lovers: ;)

Alice Cooper - Ballad of Dwight Fry

#47 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

+1'ed for The Ballad of Dwight Frye. :tup: