46 replies to this topic

#1 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I speak for pretty much every member of this forum on this one. The bickering is boring. So here I've started you lot a nice little thread so you can throw poo at each other all day without it having to hit the rest of us. If you can keep your petty squabbles here, the rest of us can enjoy all the other discussions without having to listen to the constant, childish arguing. Anyone else who feels like joining in here is free to do so, of course.

You're welcome.

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

?????????

In all fairness, you seem to have overlooked the epic Gravity-elizabeth feud.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if we made a thread filled with pictures of Adele and James Bond fan fiction, we wouldn't have to worry about Mr. Blofeld ever again because his hands would be too busy for typing if you know what I mean. ;)

#4 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

I would not usually condone this kind of thing for it only puts blood in the water...

...but I must say Righty comes out swinging...

Edited by Chief of SIS, 12 August 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#5 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

AND Gravity comes back with a fury of, might I say, well composed and put together blows with just the right amount of capitalized words for emphasis. His sarcastic underlined and bolded apology should land hard. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we may have a quick match here today.

But seriously folks, where do you really think you're going with this?

#6 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWk8SzooWBo

5:00, Gravity. Don't miss your part this time. PLEASE. I want to see your performance as Renfield. But I know you'll be nowhere as amazing as Mr. Frye.

Taken from the Craig Turned Bond Down thread:

You're just retarded.

Using that word to describe others gives them permission to use it to describe you, FYI.

But, to paraphrase a wise old man I once knew: 'Who's the more retarded? The retard or the retard that argues with him?'

I guess this fight is over then because you're the retard.

Oh, and by the way, I would never accuse anyone of those things unless there were evidence. In your case...boy, do I have evidence of your retardedness. I have so much evidence against you--hell, EVERYONE on this board does--that it oozes like the blood spilled after the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

So, as everyone should have noticed by now, the Team has by in large walked away from CBn. This site is on its own, so it's up to all the forum contributors to decide what kind of place this is going to be. Good luck.

#8 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

So, as everyone should have noticed by now, the Team has by in large walked away from CBn. This site is on its own, so it's up to all the forum contributors to decide what kind of place this is going to be. Good luck.

I think in the end that's always down to the contributors, regardless how much of a team is or isn't present. By and large most members are quite capable of acting responsible and show a necessary minimum of manners and style over considerable spaces of time. I wouldn't stay if that was not the case.

That said there is doubtlessly room for improvement and I would welcome for example a more lively main page and a return of missing members, both of the team and the forums. But as far as I know others have already offered their help, so I don't know how I could help the situation beyond staying as civil as possible wherever the need for civility arises.

#9 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

This greatly saddens me. I was hoping this would be shut down. I'm disappointed with everyone across the board, Mods and flamers alike. So, unfortunately, I will attempt to make a case for sanity here at CBn. I haven't been posting on this forum for a long time. Probably actively for a year. But I registered back in '08. It was the one forum out there that appeared to have sensible Bond fans that just truly loved the character. You want proof of that look at all the fun fan-fiction worked on or amount of time spent discussing Bond's more obscure novels. And since I've joined, it seems like the conversation is less about Bond and more about the culture around CBn.

And here is where I really grind my teeth. I'm really looking at you here Gravity, coco, Righty, or whoever finds it necessary to start an internet feud with a person they have never personally met and in all reality based on their common interest in Bond would most likely enjoy, right now there is probably some Bond fan reading this post and looking through this topic or possibly the 'Craig Turned Down Bond' topic, and thinking to themselves 'What is this crap?' Who on the outside wants to be a part of a community that isn't even centered around the topic it is supposed to be discussing? We're missing the insane opportunity to bring new life to this board. We already kicked out the older ones. It's mutiny on the bounty. You don't like someone else's view. Fine. Great actually. It's called discussion. If you can't do it with respect and an open mind and not realize that someone is capable of having a different view from you even if it is presented forcefully and radically, if you can't do these things, on behalf of the tired, fed up, Bond loving enthusiasts on this board, I request of you to shape up or get the [censored] out of my community.

Jeez, I miss the Shark.

Edited by Chief of SIS, 12 August 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#10 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm really looking at you here Gravity, Santa, coco, Righty, or whoever finds it necessary to start an internet feud with a person they have never personally met

Excuse me, I haven't started feuds with any of them. The fact is that the arguments are derailing so many threads and I'm tired of it - so many people have complained but it doesn't stop, it goes on and on and on. Given that, fine, let them carry on, but put it all in one place, away from the other discussions. I'm a neat freak, I believe everything should have its place. I don't care if they all hate each other (although frankly they all seem to be enjoying it a bit too much for me to believe that), I'm just bored of seeing it all over the forum, all the time.

#11 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

The way I see it, Gravity has a feud with elizabeth and Mr. Blofeld, Righty007 has a feud with elizabeth and Mr. Blofeld, and I have a feud with Mr. Blofeld. It would be inaccurate to assume that the feud started because of something that was said or done on this forum, and this forum alone--because in my case, it was not.

Having said that, I hereby promise to be a bigger man and not allow my personal issues with the party in question to seep over to my activity here on CB.n.

#12 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Excuse me, I haven't started feuds with any of them. The fact is that the arguments are derailing so many threads and I'm tired of it - so many people have complained but it doesn't stop, it goes on and on and on. Given that, fine, let them carry on, but put it all in one place, away from the other discussions. I'm a neat freak, I believe everything should have its place. I don't care if they all hate each other (although frankly they all seem to be enjoying it a bit too much for me to believe that), I'm just bored of seeing it all over the forum, all the time.

Clumping your name was in the wrong. I know you're trying hard. I think I just grabbed off the topic heading since you started the topic. I apologize and remove your name to attempt to make a stronger more focused argument.

And Coco, thank you, welcome to the high road.

Edited by Chief of SIS, 12 August 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#13 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Thank you, apology happily accepted. Carry on bitching, people.

#14 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

Clumping your name was in the wrong. I know you're trying hard. I think I just grabbed off the topic heading since you started the topic. I apologize and remove your name to attempt to make a stronger more focused argument.

And Coco, thank you, welcome to the high road.

Thanks.

And Santa is right; she doesn't deserve to belong on this list. However, elizabeth does--I see more fighting between her and Gravity on these forums than between any other two members that I can remember.

Not trying to vilify her; it's just an observation I've made.

#15 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

And Santa is right; she doesn't deserve to belong on this list. However, elizabeth does--I see more fighting between her and Gravity on these forums than between any other two members that I can remember.

Thank you, sweet pea.
The names listed weren't meant to be exclusive, I just picked on the ones I'd noticed first/most. Doesn't mean they're the only offenders - we've all had a dispute with someone on here at some point but what's been going on lately is excessive. Along with Chief of SIS, I thank you for the tone of your response.

#16 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

Mind you, it does make the site a bit more interesting though - these feuds of yours, that is. I mean to say, as long as you all keep yourselves checked within a 'self-controlled' ambient, people like me will 'sadistically' enjoy reading you. You all write well and what and how you write about each other serves as interesting reading indeed. Don't like the hard insults though. It's rather easy to call someone a bitch or [censored] or [censored] face or demented [censored] or dumb [censored] or cluster [censored] or demented [censored] from miles away and the comfort of your own home and that doesn't impress me at all. I am however impressed with those of you who tackle a feud intelligently and with restraint where personal insults are concerned.

Anyway, before you all tell me to [censored] off I just thought I'd share.

By the way, did I mention your feuds are interesting reads?

:D

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

This thread is pathetic. It's a blatant illustration of how much of a cesspool CommanderBond.net has become. When I joined here in 2003 it was an amazing place to be but now it has become a refuge for cretins and trolls.

I never once "started an argument" with any of the parties involved here. I was unfairly attacked a few weeks ago by Mr. Blofeld in my 4 year old Stephen Colbert thread. Check it out; my post history doesn't lie.

I'm no longer a mod here but let's make this the last post in this discrace of a thread. Okay?

We all win.

CBn loses. It's dead. 2000-2011.

#18 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

In case nobody's noticed (which is what probably happened), I haven't been posting for a day or so. I felt I'd said my say; that was enough. I've worked all the bitterness out; no need to come back and dish anything else out. I want to apologize to everyone I'd pissed off or angered; I've hurt too many people to get away from it.

Sorry all. Let's start anew.

#19 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Bless you, Santa, I love this idea. If somebody wants to take offense at something someone else has written, they can simply say, "See you at the thread," and both of them can come here. If a member finds a discussion becoming rancorous and personal, he/she can tell those involved, "Take it to the thread," and the antagonists can come here, carrying on ad infinitum. That way, those of us who simply want to discuss James Bond can be spared all these angry, pointless discussions. This, of course, requires a certain amount of maturity and self-control on the part of those who are already angry, but if it works, it'll be a blessing.

#20 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

Bless you, Santa, I love this idea. If somebody wants to take offense at something someone else has written, they can simply say, "See you at the thread," and both of them can come here. If a member finds a discussion becoming rancorous and personal, he/she can tell those involved, "Take it to the thread," and the antagonists can come here, carrying on ad infinitum.

You raise a good point, but that's pretty much what the PM/Communique system is for.

#21 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

Some words from Blofeld here sent via PM, as I mentioned in another thread that I don't really like Steven Moffats tenure of Who as much as I did with Russell T Davies' Eccleston/Tennant series'.

What "crap"? You're the one who cried at the craptastical ending of The End of Time Part 2; you've no right to determine what is and isn't crap.

The series isn't over yet, Harkster... so don't start whining about whatever mysteries haven't been solved; there's six more episodes to come.

If you really want more RTD, there's always "Torchwood"... oh, wait, you've already professed your love for that. Figures.

-- A Pissed-Off Fan of Who

A little harsh, don't you think? I love how it's coming to a point where no one can really have an opinion around this guy anymore.

#22 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

It's a PRIVATE message, not a PUBLIC message, no? Defeats the purpose... and I still think Moffat-Who is demonstrably better than RTD-Who.

We could get along, but... you know what? Never mind. Guess we can agree to disagree. I think the only way to settle this is to wait until Moffat leaves, no? :P

#23 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

It was a private rage, actually. Just because I have a different opinion to you, doesn't give you the right to send me a message saying that I'm wrong. So what I cried at the ending to End of Time. David Tennant is my favourite Doctor and I grew up with him? Big deal.

Anyway, this thread is getting a little heated again. I think it's time for a little entertainment.

:)

#24 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

Guys, this constant bickering is only going to lure in that wench, Santa Josep. Let's avoid that at all costs.

#25 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

There's so much negative energy around here, I fear that this is going to start developing in our sewer systems:

Posted Image

#26 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

Genius! :tup: :tup:

#27 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

It was a private rage, actually. Just because I have a different opinion to you, doesn't give you the right to send me a message saying that I'm wrong. So what I cried at the ending to End of Time. David Tennant is my favourite Doctor and I grew up with him? Big deal.

Anyway, this thread is getting a little heated again. I think it's time for a little entertainment.

:)

Who's strangling the cat? :confused:

#28 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:44 AM

... Just because I have a different opinion to you, doesn't give you the right to ....

Who's strangling the cat? :confused:

The correct pronunciation, I believe, is stranglin' (only one "g").

#29 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:21 AM

It's a PRIVATE message, not a PUBLIC message, no? Defeats the purpose... and I still think Moffat-Who is demonstrably better than RTD-Who.

Yes, but nor is its purpose for ABUSIVE messages. Mr Harkin perfectly justified in exposing it.

#30 J B

J B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWk8SzooWBo

5:00, Gravity. Don't miss your part this time. PLEASE. I want to see your performance as Renfield. But I know you'll be nowhere as amazing as Mr. Frye.

Taken from the Craig Turned Bond Down thread:

You're just retarded.

Using that word to describe others gives them permission to use it to describe you, FYI.

But, to paraphrase a wise old man I once knew: 'Who's the more retarded? The retard or the retard that argues with him?'

I guess this fight is over then because you're the retard.

Oh, and by the way, I would never accuse anyone of those things unless there were evidence. In your case...boy, do I have evidence of your retardedness. I have so much evidence against you--hell, EVERYONE on this board does--that it oozes like the blood spilled after the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Maybe very off topic, but I actually bothered to see Dracula (1931), the video from this post. I saw the whole movie, and it was fantastic. There's something about the lack of music that lends itself to the creepiness and atmosphere of the film. Bela Lugosi is traditionally regarded as the best Dracula actor for a reason. Thanks for posting the video!