356 replies to this topic

#91 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

It's kind of a cop out then really. Hopefully this will be the final version of Goldeneye.

#92 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm conflicted! :( Looking at the still images, it looks sharper and more refined than the Wii version but would it ultimately be worth it to pick it up?

It's the same exact game, and from the looks of things it only looks a little clearer. If that makes a difference than absolutely go for it, plus I'm sure the MI6 Ops will be fun. I for one am giving this one a pass. My current Wii version works just fine. If it were to break, then I would upgrade, but chances are Activision will be waiting one more year to get my money, which will (hopefully) go toward the Raven game.

#93 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

So, they are releasing the same game on a different platform & giving it a different name. :| Just when I thought Activision had no more tricks up their sleeve. ;)

#94 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

No new game from Raven Software in the works. Eurocom is the sole property manager for the Bond license: http://www.eurogamer...g-new-bond-game

#95 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

Well that's [censored].

#96 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

So, they are releasing the same game on a different platform & giving it a different name. :| Just when I thought Activision had no more tricks up their sleeve. ;)

What he said!!!!!!

#97 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

It's kind of a cop out then really. Hopefully this will be the final version of Goldeneye.

No, we'll have to wait for GoldenEye 007 Revolutions - in 3D!

:lol:

#98 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

I've been quiet on this matter trying to come up with how I feel. While it will be nice for those who desire to play the game in HD, the overall lack of effort into trying to do anything creative or new with the port leaves me with only one thing to say...

[censored] that.

#99 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Well that's [censored].

totally agreed the video looked so awesome! this could of been THE BOND GAME

dam you Activision DAM YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#100 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

No, we'll have to wait for GoldenEye 007 Revolutions - in 3D!

:lol:

Hahaha, very good Nico.

Posted Image

xxx

#101 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

I really hope he is just sticking to what's been announced so far and trying to keep the hype on this and nothing else.

#102 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Don't forget the AniGoldenEye... I'm guessing that'll be released about the same time as this game.

It's really too bad that only a few of the movies have been adapted into games (mostly really old computer games) and re-imagining a few of the older films could definitely bring a new breath of life into the Bond film fanbase. I would imagine even a well-made, decent-looking game with action scenes from a few of the films put together in some fashion would make an interesting little 'romp'... which I guess is what a lot of the Bond games with original stories happen to be at times.

If anything, it's at least good to see that a prettier version of GoldenEye Wii is going to be released with a few extra bells and whistles, but I'm going to guess that there's no chance that Bloodstone is being re-released as a Wii game on the same date. ;)

I also hope the fact that Eurocom is handling this doesn't mean that they've completely abandoned any work they were supposedly doing on a new third-person Bond game... I guess I'll just have to wait until next year to get a new Bond story... oh yeah, excuse me while I finish reading 'Carte Blanche'.

#103 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

I don't see why some of you are complaining about this game coming to other consoles. you should be happy i am at least. I never got the pleasure of playing it cuz i wasn't about to fork over money for a wii just to play it. I do NOT like activision at all because of their stupid excuse of a game COD and the way they handle lesser of popular games they have. Stop complaining and be happy other console player who do not own the game cuz they didn't own a wii now can play it.

#104 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

Looks boooooooooooooootiful!

#105 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

I want to be grumpy and hate this stop looking awesome!

#106 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

If it is the same exact game. I'll wait. In the end it may probably be worth it.

#107 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

I wonder when we'll get some more videos, screencaps etc. I'm getting annoyed at the lack of news for this game. I really want to see something. I mean, new HD Screencaps would do, anything.

#108 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

Yes! And some wallpapers (and/or a HQ version of the game poster)

#109 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

Glad it's coming on ps3. Sad to hear no original game from Raven this year.
Anyway, don't own a Wii. So couldn't play it "back then". But I watched all the gameplay videos. Still, I'm pretty excited for this game.
Seemed fun game to play.

#110 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

I don't see why some of you are complaining about this game coming to other consoles. you should be happy i am at least. I never got the pleasure of playing it cuz i wasn't about to fork over money for a wii just to play it. I do NOT like activision at all because of their stupid excuse of a game COD and the way they handle lesser of popular games they have. Stop complaining and be happy other console player who do not own the game cuz they didn't own a wii now can play it.

I also am very happy because I never got to play it on WII. but people are dissapointed because there was alot of hype that an origonal bond game was comping this year, but that fell through. It's sortas like if in 2012 EoN doesn't make Bond 23 and instead put Quantum of Solace back in theaters.

still, we got 2 bond games last year, the new novel and next year we should be getting a film and I would expect a new game as well. so all is not lost

#111 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I'll probably wait to pick this up for PS3... but, to the developers' credit, this is the first game that will force me to finally buy a Move controller. I've had the PS3 Eye for over a year now, but haven't found any "must have" titles with which to use the Move. And I guess I'll also have to get the navigation controller if I want to get the sharpshooter... MAN, this is going to be an expensive game, even if I DO wait until the price drops.

Oh, and @ 00Kevin: don't forget, for your analogy of Quantum being released in theatres to properly equate to the HD re-release of Goldeneye, it would have to be released in theatres in 3D... now some people might ACTUALLY see that. Except I don't think the editing of that movie would be very conducive to a 3D conversion.

Edited by larrythefatcat, 05 August 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#112 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

I want the poster dammit! :angry:

#113 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

Still waiting for something interesting. :(

#114 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

I don't think there is much else to see. Sure, they could release a few more HD screens and the new box art. But they've pretty much done all of the promotional stuff with the Wii release. The PS3/360 transfer is the exact same game, except for the graphics, enemy AI and the Reloaded wording at the end of the title.

#115 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Not a complaint as much as it is a disappointment. It should have been released on all the platforms the first time around but Activision is treating this like it's a brand new game - even to the point where they have changed the name & launched a marketing campaign to give that impression. They will also likely charge the same brand new game premium price. Outside of Wii Sports & the Mario games, I don't really like playing anything else on that platform anyway. I welcome an Xbox version of it. :)

#116 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

Amazon.com has the release date listed as Dec. 31 2011. That blows. The trailer said Fall....

#117 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Found the footage from the Raven game again. Forgot how promising it looked. I sincerely hope this thing sees the light of day.

Definitely looks like it would have been rated M or 18, based on some of those moves. This is really too bad.

#118 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

The thing is though, why the hell was it cancelled that late into the production process? Most of the maps are fully textured. I don't understand.

#119 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

Amazon.com has the release date listed as Dec. 31 2011. That blows. The trailer said Fall....

That seems 90% likely to be a placeholder date. I don't think they'd wait until after Christmas to release this thing... it'll probably be released around the same time (or even on the same day) as COD Modern Warfare 3.

As for the Raven game, I hope it gets finished and released sometime next year... or sooner. ;)

Edited by larrythefatcat, 10 August 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#120 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

The thing is though, why the hell was it cancelled that late into the production process? Most of the maps are fully textured. I don't understand.

Yeah I'm genuinely interested in what exactly is going on over there. The footage is solid, the animation fluid, and the textures largely complete. It's obviously not in it's final stage but really, look at that. I wish the site could contact someone over at Activision, rather than a producer for the Goldeneye game.

" James Steer, Activision's producer of this autumn's PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game GoldenEye 007 Reloaded, told Eurogamer at a preview event in London last week that UK developer Eurocom is "our Bond developer".

"This [Reloaded] is for this year," Steer said. "Next year is 50 years of Bond. And obviously they're making a new movie. This is unrelated. This is about GoldenEye."

Last year Raven was rumoured to be making a stealth-based James Bond game after footage leaked onto the internet.

Then, early this year, a CV popped up that suggested Raven had been building an action adventure game based on an "international movie licence" for 20 months.

This now has been debunked by Activision.

"No," Steer replied when asked if Raven is working on a James Bond game. "We're focusing on Eurocom. Eurocom is our Bond developer."

Is Eurocom building a game to tie in with the new movie?

"You never know," Steer replied. "It's all about GoldenEye 007 Reloaded." (http://www.eurogamer...g-new-bond-game)

Pretty obnoxious, quick to shoot it down without elaborating. Wish we could get a hold of Raven even.