356 replies to this topic

#301 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

So a couple of guys where playing classic combat with me last night and they were playing as Oddjob and Goldfinger. I had no idea how they were doing that, as I could only choose jaws, blofeld, etc. So I thre on my headset to ask them (I hate talking to random people online, it weirds me out haha). Anyway, they told me they need to unlock it.

So not only do you have to play a long time to unlock the classic characters mode, once you get there you only have access to a couple of characters and you have to play for hours more to unlock the rest? WTF.

Gives you something to work for?

#302 Iroquois

Iroquois

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

So I got the game and love it, but I think am having a bit of a problem with my game:

When I get to the end of the Dubai mission, the Bond theme does not play as it does on the wii version or in videos I've seen from Reloaded. Is this the case for everyone?

EDIT: Okay, it's working now for some reason. Back to the fun!

Edited by Iroquois, 05 November 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#303 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Its a little bit ridiculous that I havent seen one bit of marketing or advertising for the game. Actvision dropped the ball big time. The only way I knew about this game was because I am a James Bond fan. All my friends and family didnt even know about it. I called Sony bec I was having a problem setting up the Sony Move motion capture part and their technicians didnt even know about the game. All the circulars for Target, Best Buy and other electronic giants didnt have it advertised. Very poor marketing on Activisions part

I had a similar experience trying to find the game at Best Buy. It wasn't even on the New Release section - just a shelf in the back of the store (which you had to get to by walking through the game section). I've played the Wii version so I'm curious to see how much of a graphical improvement there is with the Xbox 360 version.

#304 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

Holy [censored].........I haven't heard a new rendition on the Bond theme in years...

I Found It To Be Quite Cool Also ! :tup:

Accidentally stumbled across it.
http://soundcloud.co...ames-bond-theme

#305 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

Nice!

Any chance you could get a download link?

#306 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

Not a download link, but here it is on YouTube. If I had known you guys were interested, you could've had this a year ago....

#307 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Unfortunately I got this with Uncharted 3, and it rather suffers by comparison.

#308 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

Good old Dench voiceover.

STILL waiting for Lovefilm to send my copy out. Their service has been awful ever since Amazon took over.

#309 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

It was funny, I went in last Tuesday to get Reloaded after work, and I asked the sales guy if anyone else came in to buy it...he's like "you're the only one." HAHA.

Still an excellent game, I do like it better than the wii version, so if anyone has a ps3, my screenname is occhile007.

#310 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

THANK GOD.

I'll probably get it tomorrow.

Posted Image

#311 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

YES YES YES!

#312 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Anyone else getting a Network Error whenever they try to join a public match?

#313 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

yeah same here 2 when i get in matches it laggs alot 2

#314 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Holy [censored].........I haven't heard a new rendition on the Bond theme in years...

I Found It To Be Quite Cool Also ! :tup:

Accidentally stumbled across it.
http://soundcloud.co...ames-bond-theme

I guess i am the only person who thinks that sounds terrible :o

#315 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

yeah same here 2 when i get in matches it laggs alot 2

Yes. That happens to me as well. Sometimes when I try to join a Golden Gun match it does that so I jump over to classic combat but sometimes it is just the opposite. I don't understand it and it is quite frustrating.

#316 James Blond

James Blond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

Can anyone give me a little help? I just started playing the game and I'm at the part in the beginning where Bond hops onto a motorcycle and chases the plane. My problem is I keep dying before I even figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. I tried shooting the plane and I tried, unsuccessfully, to steer to the side of the plane. Any help would be appreciated.

#317 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

There's some guys on bikes to your right- shoot 'em! :)

#318 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Loving the campaign! Although, 007 Mode isn't that challenging up to now.

#319 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

I youtube'd the ending of Reloaded and it just works so much better than the Wii version. The blocky characters in the latter really made for an awkward moment. In Reloaded, it's a relatively satisfying conclusion. Glad you're liking it Harkers!

#320 James Blond

James Blond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

There's some guys on bikes to your right- shoot 'em! :)

great, will do. Thanks!

#321 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Loving the campaign! Although, 007 Mode isn't that challenging up to now.

007 mode or 007 classic? Losing that regenerating health bar is killer for me.

#322 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

I haven't tried 007 Classic, yet. I'm playing it through on 007. I really don't find it that frustrating. Seems to be going round at the moment, I've been told that the Veteran Mode on Modern Warfare 3 is really easy, too.

#323 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:14 AM

Goldeneye Reloaded is cool and all but it cant hold a candle to the new Call of Duty. This is a shame since I loved Quantum of Solace and its Online multiplayer. I feel like the online mode of Reloaded is a step back from Quantum in game-play. The movements feel a lil awkward at times. I don't know why the developers didn't use the COD engine. Let me know if you guys have the same gripes. Don't get me wrong, it is fun and addictive but if I wasn't a Bond fan I don't think I would've played it as much.
The problem is licensed games are looked down upon by game developers since they stand to make more money with an in house title (Ex:COD) since they don't have to break apart the revenue earned. They phone it in with a majority of movie related games because the profits get split with the studio. The marketing efforts for Reloaded were non existent. The two GameStops I went into didn't even have it on their shelves. It seems like it could have been a great way to sell Sony Move motion capture accessories but they def dropped the ball. They didn't even have the game displayed in the SONY Move section.
I wish I could speak straight to the game producers because it seems like they just don't care to make a best selling game. To be completely honest the game should have been released 2 months before or after COD to actually give it a chance

#324 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Just got my last Janus emblem but no achievement when the stats came up :( Anyone else had this problem?

#325 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Anyone fancy some online? My gamertag for XBOX is 'Eyeless Cougar'

#326 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

Mharkin, I happen to be terrible at all modern multiplayer but I wouldn't mind giving it a go sometime. JohnRambo007 is my username.

#327 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

I finished the campaign last week. When I think of GE: Reloaded as another game with its own identity and not a remake of the original, I am more fine with it. I actually found it pretty cool to see some ideas and touches retained from the film and original game updated into a modern setting. Or at least how the Craig era would approach it. Little things like Bond pulling undercover waitress Xenia up on selling counterfeit vodka, opposed to the licence plates in the movie, for example. Or having the helicopter theft in Dubai.

#328 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

At least speaking for the Wii version, I liked how Ourumov blocked Bond's view before "shooting" 006 this time. Nice change.

#329 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Mharkin, I happen to be terrible at all modern multiplayer but I wouldn't mind giving it a go sometime. JohnRambo007 is my username.

Added you. Although, I have a question. I was looking on your achievements and you have the Jaws achievement. Are you at level 35 already, or did you get that on a private match, as in split screen with your friends?

#330 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Added you. Although, I have a question. I was looking on your achievements and you have the Jaws achievement. Are you at level 35 already, or did you get that on a private match, as in split screen with your friends?

Hey buddy. I preordered the game from GameStop and with that came a unique code to unlock the classic conflict mode from day 1.

In other news, I finally beat Station-Stealth on MI6 Ops and I'm ranked 23 on the leader boards! No exaggeration: I must have played at least 100 times before I finally mastered it, Thank god someone in multiplayer combat told me that you can still snipe enemies with 4.0 health, it just takes 2 to 3 immediate and consecutive hits to the body. I'd been going around trying to takedown everyone for ages and always getting spotted at the end..

The people who have 4.0 enemy health and marksman (only headshots count) and beat the mission in 3 minutes to be ranked number 1 have to be cheating.