37 replies to this topic

#1 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

This year's football season isn't far off. Once again, discuss your team's signings, managers, fixtures and general news items.

#2 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

United looking stronger already; sad that Scholesy will not be showing up and we'll miss his sublime moments, but they were becoming just that, moments. we wont miss the tackles and inevitable cards that followed.
If we can sort out the keeper situation (I was hoping for Stekleberg(SP)) and secure A. Young we should be in good shape for #20.
Expect Chelski to continue to be our main rivals (unless Arsenal make strong signings AND keep Nasri) with Citeh inevitably getting closer.
Expect pool to struggle to make top 6 and Dalglish to quit/get fired after spending all the yanks money and still coming up short...

I think Everton will do much better this season and if Coyle can sort a few things out, Bolton could be surprise contenders for top 6...

Edited by jrcjohnny99, 14 June 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#3 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

West Bromwich Albion to finish about thirteenth.

Top four pretty much what it was this year, albeit they may come in a different order, all a bit dull. Don't see Liverpool doing much, might win one of the cups though.

Wolves, Norwich and Swansea down, with the possibility of Aston Villa, which seems to be a club rather unsure of itself, never a good sign.

#4 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Interesting views guys! I think Spurs, if they can get some decent players in, could be going for the top four again at the expense of Arsenal. But as I say, it all depends on whether or not Redknapp can bring in some decent players, and indeed keep hold of the ones he's already got!

#5 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

Interesting views guys! I think Spurs, if they can get some decent players in, could be going for the top four again at the expense of Arsenal. But as I say, it all depends on whether or not Redknapp can bring in some decent players, and indeed keep hold of the ones he's already got!

I think Spurs are an odd one, they really should have held onto that top 4 spot last season and threw away a pile of games they should have won;
If rumors of SAF being interested in Modric are true, that could cause problems for 'Arry in the middle of the park. Looks like he's going to keep hold of Bale tho.

#6 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

I think Spurs are an odd one, they really should have held onto that top 4 spot last season and threw away a pile of games they should have won;
If rumors of SAF being interested in Modric are true, that could cause problems for 'Arry in the middle of the park. Looks like he's going to keep hold of Bale tho.

Yeah he definitely needs to keep hold of Modric, and also needs to buy at least one striker who can score a good 15 to 20 goals next season. I think their top scorer this season was van der Vaart, and he didn't get that many.

#7 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Bradford City drawn away to their arch rivals Leeds United in the first round of the Carling Cup. Mouth-watering! :D

#8 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

I've adopted Hertha BSC for my European team now. Berlin is the city I'm the closest to now, so not much other choice.

(Sorry, Stromberg!!! :()

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

Newcastle seem to be aspiring to be Arsenal this summer, but only by selling all our best players. Not feeling hopeful.

#10 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

Newcastle seem to be aspiring to be Arsenal this summer, but only by selling all our best players. Not feeling hopeful.

Newcastle wish they could be Arsenal!
Need to stop that revolving door of managers; still think it was a bad decision to sack Big Sam.

#11 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Yep, and we don't have a Premier League-quality forward at all. And here there are certain clubs with Owen and Berbatov on the bench!

Typical Newcastle, nothing ever changes. I just hope we stay up - which is the main aim for Newcastle every year these days.

Otherwise, not too excited about a new football season. As Jim says, it's all very dull. Man United to win it again, maybe Chelsea, snore....zzzzzzz

Can't believe we talk about who might make 4th place. 4th place?? That's not excitement.

Having said that, would love to see Barcelona play the way they did last season, once more. What a great team they are turning into - and the 2011 incarnation is the best yet, in my opinion. Amazing lack of ego for a team full of stars. Same with Manchester United (Rooney, Nani & Rio aside) - love the way they have kept their young local lads this year - watch out for Tom Cleverley - he will make an impact on this season for the Red Devils.

#12 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yep, and we don't have a Premier League-quality forward at all. And here there are certain clubs with Owen and Berbatov on the bench!

Typical Newcastle, nothing ever changes. I just hope we stay up - which is the main aim for Newcastle every year these days.

Otherwise, not too excited about a new football season. As Jim says, it's all very dull. Man United to win it again, maybe Chelsea, snore....zzzzzzz

Can't believe we talk about who might make 4th place. 4th place?? That's not excitement.

Having said that, would love to see Barcelona play the way they did last season, once more. What a great team they are turning into - and the 2011 incarnation is the best yet, in my opinion. Amazing lack of ego for a team full of stars. Same with Manchester United (Rooney, Nani & Rio aside) - love the way they have kept their young local lads this year - watch out for Tom Cleverley - he will make an impact on this season for the Red Devils.

Just to point out, Tom Cleverley is a product of the Bradford City youth team...until Man United stepped in and took him away! :)

#13 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Not sure if I've missed it, but has a CBn Fantasy League private league been set up by anyone this year?

#14 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

I've even surprised myself with that prediction about Tom Cleverley making an impact. He already has in the Community Shield against Man City.

#15 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:58 AM

I've even surprised myself with that prediction about Tom Cleverley making an impact. He already has in the Community Shield against Man City.

Cleverly has a huge future and United look like the team to beat again this season, sorry if thats boring.....

as for Fantasy leagues; if you're on fantasy.premierleague.com we could easily set up a private league there...

#16 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Sunderland 0 Newcastle United 1

Yes!!! Get in there!!!

:)

#17 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

West Brom have had perhaps the most difficult start ever; hopefully the season starts next weekend, although we never beat Stoke so probably not. Although no-one seems to be tipping us for the drop, too much more of this and it'll be a bit frilly.

#18 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

Got up at 5am to watch Man United 3 Tottenham 0 this morning.

Very ominous. United won comfortably without the following players starting the game:-

Kuszczak
Da Silva, Da Silva, Vidic, Ferdinand
Carrick, Fletcher, Park, Valencia
Berbatov, Hernandez

Subs: Giggs, Owen

Even their reserve side has quality substitutes!

#19 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

Amazing day today;
Both Manchester clubs looked fantastic but Unted look unstoppable...

Manchester 13 - London 3

Shame we have to take a break!

I do hope tho that the Arsenal board don't react to this by sackng Wenger.
Any Arsenal fans got an opinion on thsi they want to share?

#20 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

Been a huge week at Bradford City HQ! Peter Jackson resigned as manager on Thursday after only four league games, and on Saturday City beat Barnet 4-2 to pick up their fitst 3 points of the season. It now appears Phil Parkinson, formerly of Charlton, Hull and Colchester, is taking over as manager, seemingly after Tuesday night's JPT match against Sheffield Wednesday, which is live on Sky Sports 1.

What a week! :D

#21 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

West Brom have had perhaps the most difficult start ever; hopefully the season starts next weekend, although we never beat Stoke so probably not. Although no-one seems to be tipping us for the drop, too much more of this and it'll be a bit frilly.

Now frilly; official.

#22 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Good win for Newcastle at home to Fulham; we normally lose that fixture!

Got up at 1am for an amazing match this morning, Manchester Utd 8 Arsenal 2. 10 goals. The joint 2nd most goals ever in a game in the Premier League era (since 1992).

:tup:

#23 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Newcastle are still unbeaten!

And amazing result this morning:- Man United 1 Man City 6.

I got up early to watch it, and City handed Alex Ferguson his biggest ever defeat!

-

#24 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

And amazing result this morning:- Man United 1 Man City 6.

I got up early to watch it, and City handed Alex Ferguson his biggest ever defeat!

-

They're going great guns are the Magpies! Hope they keep it up!

Bradford are still struggling in League Two (fifth bottom) but have improved slightly over the last few games and have won 2 of their last 3.

#25 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Hope Bradford improve soon. Don't like seeing them down there.

I watched a great game late on Saturday night - Chelsea 3 Arsenal 5.

There certainly are a few goals flying around at the moment!!

#26 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Fourth place with the potential to go third, only behind Manchester United and Manchester City, this evening. It's like it's 1997 again!

#27 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Fourth place with the potential to go third, only behind Manchester United and Manchester City, this evening. It's like it's 1997 again!

And now we are 3rd!!!

-

#28 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

And now we are 3rd!!!

-

Couple the Bond news with Newcastle's resurgence and it's a very good week!

#29 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hope Bradford improve soon. Don't like seeing them down there.

I watched a great game late on Saturday night - Chelsea 3 Arsenal 5.

There certainly are a few goals flying around at the moment!!

Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Tough game this weekend against Cheltenham, and then we're on Sky Sports on Tuesday against Sheffield United, so it'll be a very difficult week for my nerves!

Demba Ba's hat-trick got me lots of points on Fantasy Football this week, so I'm very very happy with him, and great to see the Magpies still unbeaten. Full speed ahead: Champions League!

#30 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Gary Speed has died lads.

Utterly shocking, this has come out of nowhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-15909277