39 replies to this topic

#1 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

Yesterday i was driving home and listen to some bond music, and i happened to look up in my rear view mirror and i saw one of my good friends driving behind me, all of a sudden the the goldeneye song started playing in my had "when bond and xenia have there little car chase", he pulls up next to me as we are driving and he knows it's on now, the chase pursues, and i am doing about 70mph in 55mph zone lol I see him in my mirror trying to pass me but he had no success. When finally get up to a light which we are both looking face to face, it was a two lane road, but my lane had to more after 100ft, so i did what bond would do, i gunned it when it flash green, we were neck and neck but i gave my car a little my juice and drove right by him, i looked back at the rearview mirror and he gave me the finger because he knew he had lost, and i gave a chuckle/grin out of victory!!! Hope you enjoyed my story lol

Edited by BryanHerbert, 31 July 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#2 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

Cool story bro.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

I think I liked this scenario better when it was Bond and a beautiful woman.

#4 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

i looked back at the rearview mirror and i gave me the finger because he knew he had lost, and i gave a chuckle/grin out of victory!!!

So you were giving yourself the finger for him?

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

Yesterday i was driving home and listen to some bond music, and i happened to look up in my rear view mirror and i saw one of my good friends driving behind me, all of a sudden the the goldeneye song started playing in my had "when bond and xenia have there little car chase", he pulls up next to me as we are driving and he knows it's on now, the chase pursues, and i am doing about 70mph in 55mph zone lol I see him in my mirror trying to pass me but he had no success. When finally get up to a light which we are both looking face to face, it was a two lane road, but my lane had to more after 100ft, so i did what bond would do, i gunned it when it flash green, we were neck and neck but i gave my car a little my juice and drove right by him, i looked back at the rearview mirror and he gave me the finger because he knew he had lost, and i gave a chuckle/grin out of victory!!! Hope you enjoyed my story lol

I'm pretty sure most of that is illegal.

#6 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

I thought you said it was funny?

#7 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

you are lucky you did not get a ticket.

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

I thought you said it was funny?

:tup: :tup:

#9 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

I had the same thing happen to me the other day. I was having green figs, yoghurt and black coffee for breakfast, and the theme from "From Russia with Love" started playing in my head.

I ended up giving the toaster the finger.

_

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Oddy enough.

I walked down a street today, Bond walked down a street in The World Is Not Enough. I ended up giving the street the finger. :tup:

#11 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

and i am doing about 70mph in 55mph zone

Sounds very daring until I read this small detail. Many non-interstate highways in my part of the US have a speed limit of 55mph. An unwritten law is that the police will typically give you up to 10mph over that limit and if you don't abide by that leniency, then you'll likely get run off the road by others.

Now, I'm not sure where this occurred, but only going 5mph over the accepted norm is not Bond-like. I'm surprised you and your friend were not passed by others several times during this exchange.

That said, thank you for being a safe driver. :)

#12 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Cool story bro.

What he said.

Best intentions though.

#13 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

I ended up giving the toaster the finger.

_

Ha, ha! Nice one! You just got +1!

#14 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

One time I was cruising around in Space when I came across a space station. To make a long story short I saved the world, and ended up giving Earth the finger.

#15 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hello captain Solo! :D

#16 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

One time I was working for a Space Weapons Control Center in Severnaya, Russia, trying to hack in to the FBI. I ended up giving the Americans the finger.

#17 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

Alright, I think it's time for everyone to get off there training wheels and grow up. I thought you all could handle a story but i guess you can't. God i am beginning to sound like a 1st grade teacher.

Edited by BryanHerbert, 05 August 2010 - 11:42 PM.

#18 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

"grow up, 007"

#19 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

Alright, I think it's time for everyone to get off there training wheels and grow up. I thought you all could handle a story but i guess you can't. God i am beginning to sound like a 1st grade teacher.

I was a first-grade teacher once. I gave the kids the finger.

#20 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

With your level of grammar, articulation and maturity, you're beginning to more sound like a 1st grader.

#21 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

Looks like a missed the bandwagon.

Shame coz I wanted to tell you all a great story; about a funny thing that happened to me on the way to the...

...never mind

#22 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

OK, Bryan, here's the thing: It's a twatty story. There are plenty of people around here who like to put their foot down but there's a time and a place and it doesn't sound to me like that was it. It's not big and it's not clever, it's dangerous and stupid. This was not a cool story.
Tell us a nice story, like about how you saved a load of puppies from drowning, or how you helped an old lady cross the road, and I'm sure we'll all clap you.

Oh, and that particular tune that set you off is crap. Start listening to some decent music.

You're welcome.

#23 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

OK, Bryan, here's the thing: It's a twatty story. There are plenty of people around here who like to put their foot down but there's a time and a place and it doesn't sound to me like that was it. It's not big and it's not clever, it's dangerous and stupid. This was not a cool story.
Tell us a nice story, like about how you saved a load of puppies from drowning, or how you helped an old lady cross the road, and I'm sure we'll all clap you.

Oh, and that particular tune that set you off is crap. Start listening to some decent music.

You're welcome.

A twatty story? Um i fail to see that, Santa, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. What are you talking about? What tune?

Edited by BryanHerbert, 06 August 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#24 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

Oh the irony...

#25 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

You're welcome.

A twatty story? Um i fail to see that, Santa, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. What are you talking about? What tune?

Herb, I've tried to avoid this thread because I've been known to be a bit abrasive in my handling of these types of situations but after that post, I must chime in. Santa's analysis of this thread is dead on. Nothing she said is insanely idiotic or incoherent, however, the "story" you shared with us is the epitome of idiotic and incoherent drivel.

Instead of accusing everybody here of being childish, please take a good look at your behavior and reputation rating here at CBn. The new reputation system hasn't even been in effect for a month and yet you've managed to earn a -41 rating, which is "Bad." That's pathetic.

I noticed that you're only a year younger than me so please act your age. Thank you, Herb.

P.S. What song is Santa referencing? The "GoldenEye song" that you claim was playing in your "had." Oh, did you mean "head"? :rolleyes: The track is called "Ladies First," by the way.

#26 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

You're welcome.

Normally it's funny when someone uses that Billy Madison quote. But in your cause it's just sad.

#27 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

You're welcome.

Normally it's funny when someone uses that Billy Madison quote. But in your cause it's just sad.

Looks like he copy and pasted that Billy Madison quote from an Internet movie quote database, which explains the flawless spelling and grammar in that post. You can't fool us, Herb!

#28 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

You all are truly pathetic. 18 v.s. 1. Grow up, some of you are like 40 years old, get a life. Feel all big and bad don't you huh? haha (sarcastic laugh) your a bunch of jokes.

#29 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

40 :o Grrrrrr

#30 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

As a man of 42, let me just say this before dropping the hammer on this thread - Play nice kids.

Fair enough that you chose to share something Bryan. You duked it out with a friend on the road. Nobody (thankfully) was injured or cited.

A few here have chimed in that it was reckless. Frankly, I concur.

I've certainly done more than my share of fool-hardy acts. Would I partake of any of any of them again? (some of which were within the last year)

Hell no. I'm lucky to be alive yet alone not in jail for that matter.

You did what you did and related it. Now, had it been an unknown drop dead gorgeous girl in a Ferrari that came out of nowhere, that might have been something.

As to the "get a life" comment....

:rolleyes:

Remember where you are choosing to spend your time.

Now, it's a lovely Friday evening here in LA of which I'm going to spend in the company of a beautiful lady over a home cooked dinner with some scotch and her favorite wine followed by ridiculous amounts of sexual activity.

Have a nice weekend.

Anymore slapping about in this thread and it shall be removed....."considerably".