36 replies to this topic

#31 Wade

Wade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

Sad thing is, I used to like Gibson. Some of his choices have been terrific. I even have a soft spot in my heart for "Passion of the Christ" as art with a singular integrity.

Now, no matter whose side you're on, his or Oskana's, the man has degenerated into an utter douchebag. And it is more than a little unsettling that he's made his career playing instinctive, brave but unbalanced characters. Don't think I'll ever be able to watch a "Lethal Weapon" movie again. It'd be too creepy.

#32 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

So I was watching HLN news and they had a heads line called Mad max vs. James bond talking about the whole mess right now. and when reporter had asked Dalton about the situation he said no comment. the reporter asked 3 or 4 times and timothy dalton kept repliying no comment is no comment. I till you what Dalton is the most calmest person i have seen i figured he would tell them to go @#$* @#$ but just stayed calm i feel sorry for dalton for all this mess keeping silent and his personal life out of the news almost all his acting life and then this happened to him

I was watching that on Showbiz Tonight as well. I almost thought about getting on here and posting it. And the sad thing is it's all Mel's fault. I don't know what he's so mad about, but he doesn't need to bring Tim into it.

You're so right! Tim is showing true spirit and decency to just keep quiet about it. He won't be brought down to Gibson's level and that has to be applauded. Good old Tim, what a guy! :)

you know what the bad thing is that HLN took a poll and like 68% of the people are supporting him in his actions which is total $#%#@$5

I know, I saw that too. How can people think like that? Apparently we've become a nation that supports abusive men...

#33 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:58 AM

I don't see how this is a surprise to anyone. Gibson has always been a racist and against certain countries. Just look at his hatred of the English, shown in Braveheart and The Patriot. The Patriot basically depicts the British as Nazi baby eaters! I wonder if he means that Dalton's son is a pussy in the way that most of the English baddies in his movies are?

Gibson's xenophobia is not a new trait to me; he has major issues.

#34 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:04 AM

So I was watching HLN news and they had a heads line called Mad max vs. James bond talking about the whole mess right now. and when reporter had asked Dalton about the situation he said no comment. the reporter asked 3 or 4 times and timothy dalton kept repliying no comment is no comment. I till you what Dalton is the most calmest person i have seen i figured he would tell them to go @#$* @#$ but just stayed calm i feel sorry for dalton for all this mess keeping silent and his personal life out of the news almost all his acting life and then this happened to him

I was watching that on Showbiz Tonight as well. I almost thought about getting on here and posting it. And the sad thing is it's all Mel's fault. I don't know what he's so mad about, but he doesn't need to bring Tim into it.

You're so right! Tim is showing true spirit and decency to just keep quiet about it. He won't be brought down to Gibson's level and that has to be applauded. Good old Tim, what a guy! :)

you know what the bad thing is that HLN took a poll and like 68% of the people are supporting him in his actions which is total $#%#@$5

I know, I saw that too. How can people think like that? Apparently we've become a nation that supports abusive men...

well are nation is falling apart anyways what can we expect really lol :(.....

#35 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

Tim should do something to get her away from him.

I think Mel talking about his son is going way too far.

#36 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

OK this is a horrible accusation about Timothy Dalton. I seriously think this chick is lying now.
http://www.tmz.com/2...-investigation/

#37 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

OK this is a horrible accusation about Timothy Dalton. I seriously think this chick is lying now.
http://www.tmz.com/2...-investigation/

If you read the article, she herself says the allegations are false insinuated they were drummed up by the Gibson camp.