*grumble grumble grumble*

#184 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

Wii get the reimagined GOLDENEYE. Stop whinging.

#185 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

As I've said whilst chatting to coco1997 about the games, I'd much rather have Bloodstone than GoldenEye '10. Thus I shall bitch and grumble if I want.

#186 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

New Bruce Feirstein interview : http://www.denofgeek..._goldeneye.html

#187 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

Very interesting...Zukovsky now the proprietor of a nightclub in Barcelona and a sequence in a Dubai arms fair. Nice!

#188 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

http://www.denofgeek...hompson_qa.html

"70% driving and 30% on foot."

Not sure I like that.

#189 Arbogast777

Arbogast777

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

"In the case of Blood Stone, the producers, EON, Michael Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, David Wilson and Gregg Wilson, had an idea for a story, and had a lot of it done."

Out of curiosity are David and Gregg Wilson related to Michael?

EDIT: Ok I see that indeed they are his sons. Can't think of their names being mentioned before in connection with Bond - have they?

Edited by Arbogast777, 03 August 2010 - 08:29 PM.

#190 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

"In the case of Blood Stone, the producers, EON, Michael Wilson, Barbara Broccoli, David Wilson and Gregg Wilson, had an idea for a story, and had a lot of it done."

Out of curiosity are David and Gregg Wilson related to Michael?

EDIT: Ok I see that indeed they are his sons. Can't think of their names being mentioned before in connection with Bond - have they?

Yes, they both have worked on the Bond films before:

Gregg Wilson (IMDb)

David G. Wilson (IMDb)

#191 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/542296/james_bond_blood_stone_neil_thompson_qa.html

Not sure I like that.

I'm not too crazy about that either, and it has significantly dampened my enthusiasm for the game. I'm not surprised, though. We haven't had a good Bond game since GoldenEye 007, so why should I expect them to deliver one now. A Bond game should never be built almost entirely around the driving concept, and it's a mistake to base a Bond game around that concept.

#192 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

70%? That seems a bit high...like too high to actually be believable based on what we've been told and shown elsewhere. Still, if the game is paced in a similar vein as the first level (which was, after all, roughly 70% driving) I think we'll be fine.

#193 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

LMFAO!

"We just wanted to go and make the best Bond experience we could, so we really didn't use Quantum Of Solace as a reference point."

As for the 70:30 ratio, It's quite strange, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out, I guess.

#194 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

My creeping doubts have increased. Sounds more and more like a racing game with a plot and shooting mechanics shoehorn-ed in. Developed solely for the purpose of appeasing the fans who don't own a Wii and can't partake in the 'new' GoldenEye.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm not usually negative regarding Bond - at all. But, to this point, Blood Stone is leaving a rather poor taste in my mouth.

#195 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:07 PM

Not really I guess . Check this :http://www.nowgamer....er-cent-driving

30% is about driving in bloodstone .

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/542296/james_bond_blood_stone_neil_thompson_qa.html

Not sure I like that.

#196 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

I have no idea how we missed this whole interview http://www.nowgamer....son?o=0#listing

We have a run time now, looks to be around 6-8 hours for a play through. That's pretty standard fair for a title like this.

Also it states plainly that the driving sections are short but intense, so it seems like there may be many of them in the game, but they won't last as long as the on foot segments. The transitions should be smooth. I really want to know more about the story and the locations, though. I'm interested to see what we'll be doing in Monaco.

#197 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

So....which one is correct?

#198 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

There's another interview floating around that states specifically that there will be few driving missions, 5 in total, with one involving a street race in Istanbul and another involving Bond escaping a city as buildings collapse around him.

Here is an article that states 5 driving levels, there's another one with a different developer that says the same thing. http://thetechjourna...3-preview.xhtml

#199 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:12 AM

Yeah. No need to jump the gun and write this one off just yet, folks. I'm very confident the ratio is 30 percent driving, 70 percent on foot - more evidence points to that. The reporting of it has just been confused in a few instances. And they've been working on this for a while. I don't think it'll be a rush job. But of course, we actually need to see more from it other than that first level.

#200 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

This kinda makes me wonder how much of what might be the Bond 23 story went into the Blood Stone video game. Anyone know off hand if Wilson and Broccoli ever got involved with any of the previous video games with original storylines like Everything or Nothing, Nightfire, or Agent Under Fire?

#201 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

Yeah. No need to jump the gun and write this one off just yet, folks. I'm very confident the ratio is 30 percent driving, 70 percent on foot - more evidence points to that. The reporting of it has just been confused in a few instances. And they've been working on this for a while. I don't think it'll be a rush job. But of course, we actually need to see more from it other than that first level.

Well 70% foot sequences makes more sense since this is not a racing game. And from the demo that we had there was only one driving sequence. If it trully is 70% driving why put only one scene?

#202 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

And from the demo that we had there was only one driving sequence. If it trully is 70% driving why put only one scene?

There were two - the boat and the Aston Martin. But yes, they were like the articles state, short and intense.

If there are five all up in the game, two of those are over by level one. So, it's not a big deal at all. Look how Everything or Nothing handled things.

#203 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

I bloody wish people would stop bashing Blood Stone. You should all be thankful we're getting a Bond game, what with the financial state MGM is in at the minute. Who cares if it's not perfect, it's a Bond game for god sakes. We know bugger all about the damn thing anyway, so why bash it? Just be damn glad we're getting something.

#204 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

And from the demo that we had there was only one driving sequence. If it trully is 70% driving why put only one scene?

There were two - the boat and the Aston Martin. But yes, they were like the articles state, short and intense.

If there are five all up in the game, two of those are over by level one. So, it's not a big deal at all. Look how Everything or Nothing handled things.

Well if the other scenes are like those two, then the first article was probably wrong. If we talk about 70% then there should be at least 4,2 hours of driving if we consider the total walktrough time 6 hours.

#205 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

I bloody wish people would stop bashing Blood Stone. You should all be thankful we're getting a Bond game, what with the financial state MGM is in at the minute. Who cares if it's not perfect, it's a Bond game for god sakes. We know bugger all about the damn thing anyway, so why bash it? Just be damn glad we're getting something.

I never wanted to come across as 'bashing' it. I'm usually front of the line to buy these things. I was there following development in detail for NightFire, EON, GE:RA, FRWL, etc...

All I'm saying is that for the first time, I have an awful sense of dubiousness about it. But then again, I was legitimately excited for Rogue Agent - so what do I know?

#206 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

That's a bit like saying you can't complain about a bad product - "Who cares if your chicken isn't cooked, you're getting fed aren't you?!". I think people are certainly entitled to put forward their concerns, whether or not I or you agree with them, and there is only a limited amount of information to base those opinions (and thus, those concerns) on.

#207 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

I'm not saying that people can't voice their concerns, it's just that I get the impression that some people on here are just making fault for the hell of it. Who cares if it's a shooter? It's a James Bond game! At the end of the day, I'd much rather run around having fun and blowing stuff up, than sitting in stealth mode all the time.

#208 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

It's an exciting project regardless of ones personal feelings towards the gameplay, and the fact that we're getting this AND Goldeneye at the same time is just amazing. I can't wait.

#209 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yes, they both have worked on the Bond films before:

Gregg Wilson (IMDb)

David G. Wilson (IMDb)

I have no doubt those two "Wilson's" will carry on the franchise when Michael G. and Babs retire.

xxx

#210 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

Anyone ever met one of them?