80 replies to this topic

#1 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Dream house, Daniel Craig's new film (set for 2011), will be filming in my neighborhood in March. I will provide updates and maybe a few shots of the set that I will post on this topic soon. Right now they are setting up a house "shell" that they will be ignited on fire for one of the scenes.

#2 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

See if you can become an extra. Pretty good experience.

#3 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

A few pictures of where they are filming.

http://www.donna.cut...h_Gardens_6.jpg

http://farm4.static....b77c4c5.jpg?v=0

See if you can become an extra. Pretty good experience.

Now THAT would be awesome!

#4 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Don't know how old you are Dom, but maybe you might the opportunity to have a drink with Craig?

#5 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

Maybe merge with this so we can keep it together?

http://debrief.comma...showtopic=55032

#6 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Don't know how old you are Dom, but maybe you might the opportunity to have a drink with Craig?

That would be the best....

#7 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:17 AM

That would be the best....

Good luck mate. Let us know! B)

#8 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:50 AM

Dream house, Daniel Craig's new film (set for 2011), will be filming in my neighborhood in March. I will provide updates and maybe a few shots of the set that I will post on this topic soon. Right now they are setting up a house "shell" that they will be ignited on fire for one of the scenes.

So where is this/where are you exactly?

And how come no other casting news on this yet, that would give us a hint as to whether this project is classy/serious or not, e.g. whether they hire Megan Fox or Julianne Moore!

#9 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:52 AM

And how come no other casting news on this yet, that would give us a hint as to whether this project is classy/serious or not, e.g. whether they hire Megan Fox or Julianne Moore!

I believe I read Oakville is it? On other articles. B)

Yes and who the heck is the leading actress?

#10 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

Craig’s dream home in Oakville

By David Lea, Oakville Beaver Staff
Arts & Entertainment
Jan 15, 2010
Large Medium Small Print This Article Tell a friend
When a home situated in Gairloch Gardens bursts into flames at some point in March, neighbours need not be concerned as, more than likely, it is all just part of the show.

The Town of Oakville’s Community Services Committee signed off on a filming request, Tuesday, which, if approved by council, will allow Dublin Productions to film portions of the major motion picture Dream House here in town.

The film is a physiological thriller starring Daniel Craig and will be shot in Oakville in March. The plot revolves around Craig’s character, who moves his family to an idyllic small town, only to discover his house is haunted by its murdered former inhabitants.

For special effects sequences, the company also wants to build a shell in Gairloch Gardens. It will be subject to a controlled burn for the movie’s fiery climax.

Filming requests are usually handled by Town staff, however, in this case the film was brought to the attention of the Community Services Committee because of requests to use special effects such as pyrotechnics, night filming and the company’s proposed presence in a Town park for up to two and a half months.

During the committee meeting, Chris Mark, director of parks and open spaces, noted the film company went to the homes adjacent to the proposed filming sites, informed the residents of its plans and was able to collect a significant number of signatures indicating resident approval.

Mark also noted the company has offered to put adjacent residents up in hotels during the filming if the noise and lights, particularly at night, become too disruptive for them.

While the film crew expects to be present in Gairloch Gardens from January until late March, restrictions on park use will be minimal.

“There is no intention to stop the public from using the park except when the actual filming is going on,” said Mark.

Ward 3 Councillor Mary Chapin voiced concerns about the proposed controlled burn noting the smoke might cause problems for a nearby resident with respiratory issues.

Dublin Productions Special Effects Supervisor Neil Trifunovich said the fires will not be burning long enough to cause problems and will not produce real smoke.

“The building itself will contain a piping system that will have propane move through the building and up to the windows. Everything will be on safety valves. In fact, how it works is several buttons are held down at all times when flames are coming out of the building. The minute you let go, the fire is automatically out.

“Normally what we do when filming is once the cameras and actors and everyone is ready, the cameras start up, we light the fire and it burns for about a minute and a half, maybe two minutes at the maximum and then we shut it off. If they want to do changes, then we go again, possibly several more times during the evening, but it’s not a constant burn and it is completely controlled at all times.”

Trifunovich noted the smoke will be movie smoke, artificially created, without particulate and so, safe to breathe.

The house shell itself will be coated with fireproofing materials, so it will not actually burn and members of the Oakville Fire Department will be present to ensure nothing goes wrong.

“As an American producer who comes here often to Canada, it’s very important this is a good experience for Oakville and that we’re very proactive in making sure if concerns are raised, we get right into getting people confident and feeling good about the experience,” said Mike Drake, executive producer.

“Something like Gairloch Gardens is a valuable resource to the film community.”

The film company is expected to spend a considerable amount of money in Oakville with payment required for various permits, including a building permit to construct the shell in Gairloch Gardens.

The company must also pay for the Oakville Fire Department’s presence during filming and security personnel to watch over the shell house.

The crew is also looking into leasing a building on Cornwall Road for equipment storage and a home opposite the park to serve as a base of operations and parking area for several trailers. Restaurants and other Oakville businesses may also benefit from the stay of the movie crew.

Dream House is scheduled for theatrical release by Universal Pictures at some point in 2011.

#11 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

Yes, it is Oakville

#12 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

The film is a physiological thriller starring Daniel Craig and will be shot in Oakville in March. The plot revolves around Craig’s character, who moves his family to an idyllic small town, only to discover his house is haunted by its murdered former inhabitants.

Link to the full article is this:
http://www.oakvilleb.../article/291812

- What's a physiological thriller? Anyone? B)
Is the Oakville Beaver (love that name) your local paper Dominic?
- "While portions of the movie will be shot at locations across the GTA, a significant amount of filming will take place in and around 1312 Lakeshore Rd. E. as well as in Gairloch Gardens."

- Maybe you can go there and meet the man himself.

#13 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Fingers, my post was the FULL article, but I purposely left out those exact addresses, because I thought maybe Dominic doesn´t want his home address all over the place B)

Edited by Germanlady, 17 January 2010 - 08:24 PM.

#14 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

I already posted this article just two posts above, but purposely I left out those exact addresses, because I thought maybe Dominic doesn´t want his home address all over the place B) Makes me wonder, if people read the stuff, that´s posted here at all or just post...

Fair enough but if you leave anything out of an article it is, therefore, edited in some way. Your prerogative though as it's mine to print what was left out.
It is a public article and the address/link/unedited article has been printed on another forum I hear.
I think CbNer's can be trusted with this "address" and I'm not a great believer in double standards. :tdown:

If Dominic Greene has a problem with it, then I will edit my post but I don't think it is anywhere near him, just his hometown (not his personal address).

#15 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

I already posted this article just two posts above, but purposely I left out those exact addresses, because I thought maybe Dominic doesn´t want his home address all over the place B) Makes me wonder, if people read the stuff, that´s posted here at all or just post...

Fair enough but if you leave anything out of an article it is therefore, edited in some way. Your prerogative as it's mine to print what was left out.
It is a public article though and the address/link/unedited article has been printed on another forum I hear.
I think Cbner's can be trusted with this and I'm not a great believer in double standards. :tdown:

If Dominic Greene has a problem with it, then I will edit my post but I don't think it is anywhere near him, just his hometown (not his personal address).

You hear? :tdown:
But you are probably right and Dominic will make himself vocal, in case he wants something excluded. But neighbourhood is more than just hometown...

#16 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

Fair enough but if you leave anything out of an article it is therefore, edited in some way. Your prerogative as it's mine to print what was left out.
It is a public article though and the address/link/unedited article has been printed on another forum I hear.
I think Cbner's can be trusted with this and I'm not a great believer in double standards. :tdown:

You hear? :tdown:
But you are probably right and Dominic will make himself vocal, in case he wants something excluded. But neighbourhood is more than just hometown...

Well then, his problem would be with the Oakville Beaver really for releasing the info on the internet and not me for re-iterating it.
Anyway, moving on.

#17 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Anyway, moving on.

Yup...

#18 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

- "While portions of the movie will be shot at locations across the GTA, a significant amount of filming will take place in and around 1312 Lakeshore Rd. E. as well as in Gairloch Gardens."

Yes it is! I'd love to meet him, but I'm probably "too young" for him LOL

#19 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Oh well then, I don't want to suggest anything *cough* naughty and *sweats* illegal.

#20 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

- What's a physiological thriller? Anyone? :tdown:

Well... I can imagine Daniel Craig physiologically thrilling a female audience... and even a not strictly female one... B)

#21 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Well... I can imagine Daniel Craig physiologically thrilling a female audience... and even a not strictly female one... :tdown:

Oh I thought it was a film about physical therapists massaging each other. B)

#22 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

Physiology:

▸ noun: processes and functions of an organism
▸ noun: the branch of the biological sciences dealing with the functioning of organisms

Though the journalist could have just mistaken it for "psychological", which would be more boring.

#23 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

Physiology:

▸ noun: processes and functions of an organism
▸ noun: the branch of the biological sciences dealing with the functioning of organisms

Though the journalist could have just mistaken it for "psychological", which would be more boring.

I was thinking of physiotherapists. B)

#24 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:49 AM

Oh well then, I don't want to suggest anything *cough* naughty and *sweats* illegal.

I'm sure LOL

#25 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

I'm sure LOL

Well whatever you do, make sure the press are somewhere else. B)

#26 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

The lead actress is Naomi Watts.

#27 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

Interesting, I guess this is shaping up to be a somewhat classy picture then. Let's hope it's better than her last "thriller", the dull-as-ditchwater The International, where she co-starred opposite Clive Owen's trenchcoat.

#28 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:35 AM

Interesting, I guess this is shaping up to be a somewhat classy picture then. Let's hope it's better than her last "thriller", the dull-as-ditchwater The International, where she co-starred opposite Clive Owen's trenchcoat.

I know, I have my reservations but is she playing his wife or neighbour as some reports say? B)
Nice cosy world acting world he seems to revolve in, Liev Schrieber, now Naomi, who knows Nicole Kidman very well come to think of it.

Why don't they just all appear in one movie and be done with it? :tdown:

#29 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:51 AM

I know, I have my reservations but is she playing his wife or neighbour as some reports say? B)
Nice cosy world acting world he seems to revolve in, Liev Schrieber, now Naomi, who knows Nicole Kidman very well come to think of it.

...who starred in Australia with another of Daniel's co-stars, Hugh Jackman. And Naomi also starred in Marc Forster's "Stay" :tdown:

#30 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:14 AM

Its a small world after all B)