Mr.Stamper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

Posted Image
EastEnders star confirms his participation

EastEnders actor Adam Croasdell has taken on the role of James Bond for the latest 007 video game.

The soap star, who plays Walford's Dr Al Jenkins, revealed that he was thrilled to be offered the part because he is keen to keep his career varied.

In an interview with BBC Asian Network, Crosdell confirmed: "Oddly enough I have just played James Bond in the new James Bond video game - how weird is that? I don't know what the future holds, but I'm always into varying up what comes my way, trying new things."

He continued: "I think video games and the making of that type of technology, being in a funny one-piece suit and being shot with 60 cameras, I think that's sort of the future.

"Andy Serkis did it in The Hobbit, and there's a new film Avatar which is James Cameron - it's all that sort of motion capture. I think it's the future, so I was fascinated to see how that would happen.

"I think in our lifetime it is going to swing very much into the realms of computerised environments and who knows, maybe there will be more of that."

Activision announced plans for the new Bond game in August. It is expected to be released next year.

http://www.digitalsp...r-new-game.html

#2 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

Good to hear they're making progress on whatever it may be.

#3 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Oh, this is good news!

#4 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

Funny, I 've never watched EastEnders, but I remember him from an episode of Poirrot. He played a secret agent (MI5, if I remember correctly) and I remember myself looking him up on the web the next day, as a potential next 007.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

I'm assuming he won't take on the 'proper' role of Bond in the game. I'm under he impression that he's just in for mo-cap...

*He continued: "I think video games and the making of that type of technology, being in a funny one-piece suit and being shot with 60 cameras, I think that's sort of the future"

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image
EastEnders star confirms his participation

#7 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Sounds like he was just motion captured. I'd be surprised if they tried to move away from Daniel Craig given how popular he is. That said, it's not like EA didn't try it without Brosnan.

#8 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

I'm assuming he won't take on the 'proper' role of Bond in the game. I'm under he impression that he's just in for mo-cap...

It's quite possible he just mo-capped, but I wouldn't be opposed to him providing the voice as well for a video game. His voice reminds me a bit of Toby Stephens in the Dr No adaptation. Either way, it means the game's moving forward.

#9 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

For those curious:
Posted Image

#10 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

i really really hope it's just motion capture and that Daniel Craig will be providng the likeness and voice.

#11 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

I dunno, I'd almost prefer it if they kept Craig exclusively to the film tie-ins while he's still doing Bond, and then be free to make Everything or Nothing-type games when his tenure's over. Have someone else fill in the gaps during his tenure, him fill in the gaps during the next fellow's tenure, etc. But that's just little old eccentric me.

#12 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

I think it's just a motion capture job. We'll see soon enough, though. In any case, I'm glad they're moving ahead.

#13 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:32 AM

Could it be that this new game is like Agent Under Fire, where it did not have the likeness of Pierce Brosnan or any past Bond stars. What it went for is what James Bond looks like from Fleming's discription in his novels. Just like what comic book artist been doing when they, when they do a James Bond graphic novel, not use the current or past star.

#14 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

Glad to hear some progress is being made, can't wait to hear more.

#15 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:03 AM

Would they hire a known actor to do motion cap stuff where the end player can't identify who it is anyway?

Wouldn't it just be unknown stunt(using the wrong word here) man?

Edited by Mr Teddy Bear, 10 November 2009 - 07:04 AM.

#16 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

Would they hire a known actor to do motion cap stuff where the end player can't identify who it is anyway?

Wouldn't it just be unknown stunt(using the wrong word here) man?

Nope. They hire known actors all the time. They're not usually heavyweight talent though. This guy is hardly known.

#17 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

They don't have to try to fit the current actor into every game for my sake. Not that I buy them anyway :-) - but the actor behind the graphics doesn't really matter so much.

#18 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

Activision needs to come to their senses and realize that the world would be a much better place with a video game loosely based on The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker, starring Sir Roger Moore himself.

While I'm at it, I'd love "the third Dalton Bond movie that never was" turned into a video game, with T-Dalt himself returning to the part, but that would off course never happen.

#19 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

Activision needs to come to their senses and realize that the world would be a much better place with a video game loosely based on The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker, starring Sir Roger Moore himself.

Mayhaps they're getting this chap to do the mo-cap because the Roginator just ain't up to that sort of physicality these days?

#20 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:53 AM

While I'm at it, I'd love "the third Dalton Bond movie that never was" turned into a video game, with T-Dalt himself returning to the part, but that would off course never happen.

I'd love for some of the older Bond films to be turned into games. I heard Roger Moore was approached for a Moonraker game but EA lost the license.

Hopefully we have some more details on this new Bond game soon.

Also, I really hope the game comes out early in 2010 and MGM / SPECTRE comes to their senses and releases the other 9 Bond films on blu ray. Not getting my hopes up though. I'm sure it will be 2011 before we see them.

#21 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

I heard Roger Moore was approached for a Moonraker game but EA lost the license.

I didn't hear that. The concept is appealing, but after EA's average From Russia with Love, I'm unsure if they could have done it true justice. So the breakdown is probably for the best. Hopefully it is realised sooner or later, by Activision or whoever else.

#22 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:33 AM

As awesome as that would be, is it something that could be marketed to the general public outside Bond fandom? I think those are the sorts of questions stopping it from happening.

#23 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:44 AM

Not to sound like a jerk-off, but he seriously looks like a fag. i know it really doesn't matter what he looks like but the way the game producer get the realness of the actor in the game is that they scan them and i dont want someone who looks like that to play James Bond.

#24 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:19 AM

Mayhaps they're getting this chap to do the mo-cap because the Roginator just ain't up to that sort of physicality these days?

Bah! Humbug! The Roginator is up for anything! Always!

I heard Roger Moore was approached for a Moonraker game but EA lost the license.

Moonraker would be perfect for a game. From Russia With Love made less sense as a video game, but both TSWLM and MR are screaming for game adaptations.

I didn't hear that. The concept is appealing, but after EA's average From Russia with Love, I'm unsure if they could have done it true justice. So the breakdown is probably for the best. Hopefully it is realised sooner or later, by Activision or whoever else.

FRWL is probably the worst choice of Bond movie to adapt into a game, since it's the most realistic film of them all. So a less than satisfying result was probably to be expected no matter how hard they tried, since the story just won't allow for a very fun game.

#25 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

I really want Craig or one of the previous actors for the next bond game. Why it's just a nice little nod to fans like keeping michael ironside for the voice of Sam Fisher.

I prefer Daniel Craig in the next bond game but just my opnion.

#26 BryanHerbert

BryanHerbert

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

I agree with you on that note my friend. I don't know why we think we need someone else to play the part of bond when we have one of the best bonds ever!!!!!

#27 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

Officially :Croasdell is the new bond next year :http://xcastonline.c...ond-is-mia.html

#28 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Rather intrigued by this, he's rather scrummy and does look the part - will be interesting to see what tone the Croasdell Bonds take.

#29 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:08 AM

Officially :Croasdell is the new bond next year :http://xcastonline.c...ond-is-mia.html

Kind of glad to see they're going the AUF sort of route instead of sticking with Craig. If nothing else it shall be interesting to see what sort of a performance this fellow turns in.

#30 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

Not saying it's not true but the article misuses the quotye from Adam. Again Adam was talking about doing motion capture work we have no confirmation what likeness or voice will be for 007.

I'm still hoping for Daniel Craig

oh and Agent under fire was meh