56 replies to this topic

#31 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 03:59 PM

9:00am - the guys at FilePlanet are making their cups of Coffee...settling down and getting to work on uploading the NF demo...

#32 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 04:20 PM

FilePlanet is being updated - 5 new files have been added to the site within 5 mins...just have to wait for NF now :) :)

#33 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 05:03 PM

A guy on the Nightfire forum at Gearbox Software's website is reporting that he got the demo on a CD for free at Circuit City when he bought a Biond DVD.

#34 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 05:04 PM

Sounds like a good idea newest! :) . I'd be willing to bet that the demo is the first level as well. HOWEVER.... If memory serves, when the Jedi Outcast demo was released it was a level not featured in the game at all, a damn good level at that. So we can always hope right? Who knows? Maybe it's a level called "Bond vs. Oddjob" and you have to stop the bomb from going off in Fort Knox. :). Highly doubtful, but one can always dream right?

Rich

#35 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 05:12 PM

His message said the level was in a "Chinese Dojo" and he has an overall good experience but did have some gripes about AI and animations.

#36 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 05:17 PM

a dojo huh? Sounds promising, I do wish this was the multiplayer test though.

Rich

#37 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 05:44 PM

Yes, and didn't the level previews mention a dojo? Doesn't sound like we'll get a Jedi like demo which was very good.

#38 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:27 PM

And now for the bad news......Game-Over.net in a news article dated today is reporting that EA has announced the demo will be available for download on October 30th! God I hope they're wrong.

#39 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:41 PM

Well, just got back from the Cinema :) Still no demo :) :)

#40 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 09:13 PM

Bad news...the FilePlanet Upcoming demos page has updated with the 30th of October as a release date.

#41 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 09:19 PM

:) gamespot.com said the same thing.... damn! Oh well, gives us something to look forward to.

Rich

#42 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 11:03 PM

Well ****!

I come home looking foward to it all day to find that it's been delayed...

Oh well...at least EA put up a link to my Nightfire site [plug] http://z108.tripod.com/nightfire [/plug] on the official site... :)

EDIT - Just noticed where Circuit City is giving them away. And at 12 bucks I think I'll just pick up another Goldfinger (my other one had ugly dents on the front) and keep the disc. No different than me having bought a magazine before just for the demo on the disc back before I had cable.

Or alternatively I guess one could simply buy it, keep the demo disc, and return the DVD.

#43 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 08:37 AM

If someone does get their hands on the demo, could they upload the files so I could download the demo? I'd be soooooo grateful.

#44 cardboardsloth

cardboardsloth

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 08:47 AM

DEMO http://www.fileshack...file.x?fid=1412

#45 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 01:29 PM

The demo is also up on fileplanet.com ! Just downloading it. It could take an hour or so, but it will be worth it, I'm sure!

#46 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 02:43 PM

Downloading away, and being that I'm "working" from home today I'll be firing this puppy us as soon as I get it.

#47 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 05:41 PM

I have download the demo too but it wil not work.

I have Windows XP on my PC.

#48 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 05:56 PM

I tried downloading and it said "wait 17 minutes". 63 minutes later and it still isn't downloading.

#49 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 06:25 PM

I've got Windows XP, and when it was installing, it kept doing this weird "fade into screenshot" thing that slowed my PC right down...I couldn't do anything while it was installing - it took about 10 minutes to install rather than 2 mins because of that weird fade thing.

#50 mike_thedude

mike_thedude

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 11:27 PM

i downloaded it from file shack and it said something about the size being different so i'm getting it from fileplanet right now. has anyone been able to get it to work yet???

#51 JFM007

JFM007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 11:45 PM

I've got the NightFire demo from FilePlanet. The installation on my computer (with Windows XP) take for me 2 minute max.

The game is VERY good. The graphics are AWESOME at 1024x768, 32bit and high details, with a GeForce 2 (but need the latest drivers for an NVIDIA graphic card because I've got some problems the first time).

I just hate one thing: the AI is not very dangerous... you snipe one of two men that are close of each other and there is no reaction from the other.

The good point now: the level in the demo is huge. It's about 20-30 minutes the first time you play it.

Hope everyone will be able to play!

#52 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 12:52 AM

There's a list of mirrors up at my site (http://z108.tripod.com/nightfire) for those having trouble with FilePlanet and FileShack.

I love it! The controls are a bit clunky but other than that it's good. I've seen WAY too many people bitching about the graphics, which I don't understand. I can only assume they're judging by the screenshots alone and the knowledge that it's based on the HL engine. There's about as much HL engine in Nightfire as there was Quake engine in HL and the character models and terrain is great. The water is nearly on par with the beautiful NOLF2 water.

One major gripe: The FMV. The models aren't much more detailed than those in the main game and they don't blend too well. NOLF2 uses in-game cutscenes for everything and I think it works much better that way.

Still, great game. I'm going to go play it again. :)

#53 jokemaster

jokemaster

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 01:58 AM

Just played it IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#54 mike_thedude

mike_thedude

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 03:12 AM

Its really fun, i'm kindof more excited for the ps2 version cause my computer isn't the best and it lags everytime i see a guy but it was really fun.

#55 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 03:02 PM

Hello have you a Anser for me about my Quistion ?

I have download the demo too but it wil not work.

I have Windows XP on my PC.

#56 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 11:43 AM

I would take another shot at downloading if I were you. I work with a guy who couldn't get what he downloaded to work on his WinME machine so I burned my download (which ran on my Win98 and WinME machines) for him and that worked fine (not counting all the previously listed gameplay issues, of course).

#57 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 01:11 PM

M_Balje: what are your other specifications? (RAM, video card, processor speed.) Maybe your computer just doesn't have what it needs to run it.