#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

EDIT: Lock this B)ing thread.
Obviously people can't even have a :tdown:ing question answered without 'respectable' nembers ripping the :tdown: out of them and taking the piss.

I dread to think what lurkers might think when they see members, even moderators going on like this. Taking the piss out of other forum members.

No wonder this place hasn't got many members. This site is becoming horrible. Back in '06 this used to be perfect. Looks like Bond has really changed some of us for the worst.

For the love of god, why can't we all just get along?

#2 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

None of this is innuendo, Harkmeister. It's just the way you're interpreting it.

Here's some more LTK dialogue we can go "Oo-er, missus!" over:

"I hope you don't snore, Q."

"We're south of the border. It's a man's world."

"One has to show a special talent."

"I can only cover up so much."

Et cetera.

#3 Stuart

Stuart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

Yes, it is you B)

#4 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:25 AM

The innuendo wasn't intended.

And Milton, may I be the first to welcome you to the 1940s.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

Now, from our generation, these sound quite disgusting. Did they mean the same or something totally different in the 1980's?

Unfortunately, I am part of your generation but I'm not nearly as perverted as yourself. B)

#6 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

Now, we all love a good sexual pun in a Bond movie. But I feel that the level of innuendo Milton Crest displays is quite disgusting.

"I don't like it.... HE CAN FINGER ME!?"
"I wanna deep six him!"
"I've seen a lot of girls like you COME!........ and go!"

Now, from our generation, these sound quite disgusting. Did they mean the same or something totally different in the 1980's?

I'm not sure if you're serious or being funny, but they are not sexual innuendos. And I don't know if it's because you're British and aren't used to American phrases or if you're too young to have heard them or what, but there's nothing wrong with them.

Here's what they mean:

"He can finger me" means Killifer can identify him to the cops.
"I wanna deep six him!" means he wants to kill Killifer and dump his weighted-down body in deep water after he's killed him.
"I've seen a lot of girls like you come and go" is another way of saying that Sanchez has had a lot of girlfriends over the years that were of a similar type to Lupe.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Unfortunately, I am part of your generation but I'm not nearly as perverted as yourself. B)

-_-

Forgive me, not being american I sometimes find your sense of humor difficult to follow. I don't understand the damn phases, I didn't know whether to think that they were sexual innuendo or something entirely different. Have you got a problem with that?

I also love how you have completely ignored the latter half of the quote, 'Did they mean the same or something totally different in the 1980's?'. which again emphasizes my confusion on the subject matter and just makes you out to be arrogant basically.

#8 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

One of the positives of LTK was the lack of innuendo, most of the script avoided any of it. Times change I guess, different phrases may mean different things as time evolves, although I never considered it to be the case with this film til reading this thread.

#9 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

I also love how you have completely ignored the latter half of the quote, 'Did they mean the same or something totally different in the 1980's?'.

Well, I was fourteen when LTK came out (geddit? "Came out"?), so let me try to help.

Let's take the lines of dialogue you've chosen:

- "I don't like it.... HE CAN FINGER ME!?"

Now, okay, this could be construed as innunedo, I suppose, but do you really think the filmmakers intended this to be a double-entendre? These things only work if they're funny, but what would be so hilarious about Krest implying that he's worried about the possibility of a guy performing sexual acts on him with his fingers?

Compare and contrast with Moneypenny in TWINE telling Bond that she knows "exactly where to put" the cigar. It works as a double entendre (although, personally, I find it crude and not especially amusing) because it's followed by a pause for the audience's filthy minds to get to work, and then there's a payoff when Moneypenny lobs the cigar into the bin.

- "I wanna deep six him!"

You say that this sounds "quite disgusting", but I'm not aware of any sexual connotation here. Then again, I'm not exactly a youngster any more, so I'm probably not up on the current "yoof" slang. How is "deep six" a disgusting expression?

- "I've seen a lot of girls like you COME!........ and go!"

I've seen LTK an embarrassing number of time. I've probably watched it more than John Glen has. But on none of my many, many viewings did I get the impression that Krest was referring to seeing lots of women like Lupe having orgasms.

I'm not trying to be rude to you, but I genuinely do not see any of the examples you've given as deliberate innuendo, let alone "disgusting".

#10 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

Now, we all love a good sexual pun in a Bond movie. But I feel that the level of innuendo Milton Crest displays is quite disgusting.

"I wanna deep six him!"

Not sure whether I'm from your generation, the next generation, or a previous generation. (Ian Fleming was alive and writing Bond novels when I was born, but that's all the more I'll confess.)

Notwithstanding, I've read the responses here, as an American, and agree that there was nothing more meant of them than what was obviously said. True now; true when I saw Licence to Kill first-run in the theater. In context, the Dalton films were actually the effort to get more to what was interpreted as original intent of Mr. Fleming, and certainly Mr. Dalton must be recognized for his passionate and disciplined study of that material, including a bent toward less humor. Where the expected lines come, such as "Launder it," they are, I think, quite blatant, as opposed to what you're asking about here.

#11 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

-_-

Forgive me, not being american I sometimes find your sense of humor difficult to follow. I don't understand the damn phases, I didn't know whether to think that they were sexual innuendo or something entirely different. Have you got a problem with that?

I also love how you have completely ignored the latter half of the quote, 'Did they mean the same or something totally different in the 1980's?'. which again emphasizes my confusion on the subject matter and just makes you out to be arrogant basically.

They meant the same things in 1989 as they do today.

"I don't like it.... HE CAN FINGER ME!"

Translation: Krest mean't that Killifer could "identify" him and his warehouse to the police.

"I wanna deep six him!"

Translation: "Deep six" and "deep throat" are two different things.

Translation: "Come" in this context has nothing to do with a female orgasm.

I may be arrogant but interpreting everything to be a sexual reference is very childish and disgusting. :tdown: :tdown:

#12 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

I wasn't interpreting everything to be a sexual reference, there was just some stuff I was unsure about. B)

#13 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

Just brushed your teeth when you started this thread, had you, Harkers?

Crest, indeed...

#14 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

Is there any reason for anyone on this board to be arrogant?
I don't think there is.

#15 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

"I wanna deep six him!"

Of course they can be a bit blue, but that was not the intent in 1989 and I don't read much smut between the lines twenty years later.

#16 BrozFan

BrozFan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

-_-

I don't think they were trying to appear arrogant as much as appearing shocked at your seeming naivety. It is quite hiliarious (IMO) to tag any line with their sexual pun equivalent so I can totally see the line of thought with the dialogue you mention. But given the film in question it is quite obvious the lines are not meant as sexual inneuendo in the slightest.

For you to seriously (but subtly) ask if a phrase like "I don't like it, he can finger me" has anything to do with Milton's anus, as opposed to being identified, is a little surprising to say the least. And I say that as an fellow Brit who will readily admit some Americanisms can go over my head.

I would suggest emmersing yourself in some more culturally diverse programs/films/literature because clearly you are not getting enough...

Edited by BrozFan, 22 September 2009 - 01:58 AM.

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

-_-

I would suggest emmersing yourself in some more culturally diverse programs/films/literature because clearly you are not getting enough...

I concur.

This thread disturbs me more than Milton Krest ever could...

#18 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

"I wanna deep six him!"

I hope this thread's a joke.

He can finger me can be heard all the way back to Warner Brother's gangster movies with the likes of Edward G Robinson.

Deep sixing someone was interchangeable with feeding the fishes.

And as for girls that come and go probably comes from the late twenties with the taxi dancers.

At least "our generation" has more intelligence.

#19 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:03 PM

Is there any reason for anyone on this board to be arrogant?
I don't think there is.

We're allowed, I presume, to disagree with Mharkin on this one? There's no arrogance that I can see, merely disagreement.

#20 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

I'd hate to see what Mharkin would make of the Song of Solomon 5:4 KJV.

Edited by Stephen Spotswood, 22 September 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#21 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

"I wanna deep six him!"

Now, from our generation, these sound quite disgusting.

I always thought a double-entendre can be taken (PHWOAR) in two ways. Though I do feel these examples given here from MR KREST to be barely (PHWOAR) single-entendre.

And was anyone quite in doubt about the tone of LICENCE TO KILL when it starts with a rape and torture scene, includes an exploding man, features another offscreen rape and torture scene, shows shark mutilation and people being set on fire? Just a thought...

JOKE :

"A Man walks into a bar and asks the busty barmaid for a double entendre....so she gives him one". I thank you..

#22 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

All this reminds me of the way I used to get through double Physics at school... my mates and I would read every line the teacher said as a sexual innuendo. It can get very funny....and juvenile.

#23 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

"I wanna deep six him!"

Fnarr.

Actually, no, that doesn't work at all. What on Earth are you ejaculating about now?

#24 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

Look, just lock the damn thread.

#25 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

Look, just lock the damn thread.

Fnarr.

Lock.

Thread.

Y'know. Eh? Yeah. Yeah? Yeah. Eh? Y'know.

Phwoar.

#26 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

That isn't funny.

#27 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Not very friendly all this you know. Mharkin asked a question it got answered end off.

#28 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

You should’ve asked him to “deep six” the thread, Harkers. B)

#29 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

I've seen threads like this COME and go.

Hehe...I just said "come."

#30 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

In the light of this thread, I guess it's appropriate that the last we see of Krest is his head swelling up.