54 replies to this topic

#31 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

I might have to watch this film while high, if that can somehow make this even more surreal. I doubt it.

That was random.
B)

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
Former James Bond star makes appearance on popular TV show

#33 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

This strikes me as an odd hobby, but I suppose as long as it makes you happy it doesn't matter.

#34 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

But, but there's so much competition coming out next summer. I would feel better if Toy Story 3 were moved to September, or maybe even later in the year. I think the competition is just too fierce for TS3 to make a profit. It's going up against SHREK 4, PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME, IRON MAN 2, ROBIN HOOD, THE A-TEAM, THE KARATE KID, FOOTLOOSE and JONAH HEX. How is TS-3 expected to compete with films that have already been out for 6 or 7 weeks? I mean, Shirley we can't expect the producers to make a quality film that people in the marketplace want to go see, can we?

And why am I just now hearing about this movie? Where has the marketing campaign been for this film? Oh the humanity!!! B)

It doesn't have to do good in the Unites States to be profitable (since we all know that the United States IS NOT the single biggest movie-market in the world, according to a reputable insider with EON :tdown:). As long as it does gooder in the European markets like Luxembourg, or in the Caribbean markets such as Aruba or Tobago, I'm sure the movie will be a huge, unqualified, smash hit.

TOY STORY 3 will be massive. It has no problems gaining audiences and box office clout as it is a global brand that spans generations and - most important of all - has a respectful and respected product. I don't think tepid remakes such as FOOTLOOSE and THE KARATE KID will bother it that much. And there has been a great deal of publicity for the film stretching back well over a year now.

#35 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

TS3 will certainly be one of the top five grossing movies next year.

#36 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

But, but there's so much competition coming out next summer. I would feel better if Toy Story 3 were moved to September, or maybe even later in the year. I think the competition is just too fierce for TS3 to make a profit. It's going up against SHREK 4, PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME, IRON MAN 2, ROBIN HOOD, THE A-TEAM, THE KARATE KID, FOOTLOOSE and JONAH HEX. How is TS-3 expected to compete with films that have already been out for 6 or 7 weeks? I mean, Shirley we can't expect the producers to make a quality film that people in the marketplace want to go see, can we?

And why am I just now hearing about this movie? Where has the marketing campaign been for this film? Oh the humanity!!! B)

It doesn't have to do good in the Unites States to be profitable (since we all know that the United States IS NOT the single biggest movie-market in the world, according to a reputable insider with EON :tdown:). As long as it does gooder in the European markets like Luxembourg, or in the Caribbean markets such as Aruba or Tobago, I'm sure the movie will be a huge, unqualified, smash hit.

TOY STORY 3 will be massive. It has no problems gaining audiences and box office clout as it is a global brand that spans generations and - most important of all - has a respectful and respected product. I don't think tepid remakes such as FOOTLOOSE and THE KARATE KID will bother it that much. And there has been a great deal of publicity for the film stretching back well over a year now.

More importantly, it looks like a great movie (though I would happily sit through Transformers 2 again if it featured Timothy Dalton as a toy hedgehog).

Edited by The Ghost Who Walks, 02 December 2009 - 10:20 PM.

#37 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:52 AM

Hey, everyone, more Toy Story 3 info.

http://www.slashfilm...ini-featurette/

#38 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

Prickelpants sounds like the name of a James Bond girlfriend.

Like Lusty Poon.

#39 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

Dusty Poon more like, considering how long ago Dalton had a studio gig.

David Tenant recalled of Dalton on set ‘At one point, he was singing the Doctor Who theme tune to me as I sang the James Bond theme tune to him!’

Classic.

Oh, why can't someone Travolta-ise Dalton the way Tarantino did with old johnny Boy?
Dalton is so damn good! I hope his career takes off again.

#40 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

I hope his career takes off again.

Ditto.

#41 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Oh, why can't someone Travolta-ise Dalton the way Tarantino did with old johnny Boy?

I think Hot Fuzz is about as close to that as you're likely to get. Not as "big" as Travolta in Pulp Fiction certainly, but then I expect he himself would want it that way.

#42 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think Hot Fuzz is about as close to that as you're likely to get. Not as "big" as Travolta in Pulp Fiction certainly, but then I expect he himself would want it that way.

Yeah, I know, you're prolly right.
I loved him the underrated Looney Tunes movie.
I reckon give him another stab at a baddie in a studio flick.

#43 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Toy Story 3 promo video featuring a brief appearance by the voice of Mr Pricklepants.

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=66989

Michael Keaton's good fun here, too.

#44 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Here's another. A bit more of Dalton and Pricklepants in this one.

http://www.movieweb..../NEdaMhhmHwRLgm

#45 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

Michael Keaton's good fun here, too.

Yep. "First of all, I am Batman. You're clear on that, right?"

I'm clear on that. In the suit, he's king.

#46 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Can Woody and Buzz stand up to Tim Dalton? Let us see!

#47 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

I'll be seeing this Saturday
B)

#48 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully I will too. I want to see it so bad, but at the same time, I don't want Andy going to college. B)

#49 Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hopefully I will too. I want to see it so bad, but at the same time, I don't want Andy going to college. B)

Hey we all gotta grow up sometime - but not yet

#50 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

will probably be seeing this next week. i was disappointed that they are not selling little stuffed mr pricklepants.

#51 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Ms Pricklepants sounds like the name of a Bond babe.

What could her first name be?

#52 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Ms Pricklepants sounds like the name of a Bond babe.

What could her first name be?

Sonya?

#53 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

Toy Story 3 -- Well, I must say, this movie emotionally touched me. I laughed, I cried... I didn't kiss six bucks good-bye; my mother did, but it was all sincere. 'Twas a trip back to childhood, and, for all I espouse, by the end of the film, 'twas not a dry eye in the house. :)

B):*::tdown::*::tdown::*: (yes, that's on purpose...)

(...oh, and Pricklepants was awesome, especially his line about "that foul bear that smells of strawberries". :))

#54 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

I saw it and loved it. I did get a little teary-eyed at the end, but it was terrific. Timothy Dalton was awesome in the outtake at the end. And I LOVED Spanish Buzz! He was the best part! lol

#55 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

(...oh, and Pricklepants was awesome, especially his line about "that foul bear that smells of strawberries". biggrin.gif)

Wish he'd made "strawberry jam" of him. Great idea making Lotsa look so much like a Care Bear, BTW. I hate those things.

I know it's crazy, but somehow Mr Pricklepants *looks* like Dalton to me. Not sure what it is. I know it's not the lederhosen.

Great movie, and Dalton did a great job, though for my money he was underused.