This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What colour tie should the third henchman wear in BOND 23?

60 replies to this topic

#31 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

They spend $110M on creating RoboMutt and he only appears in the twist scene? What is going on? Have the producers gone mad? Now you'll be telling me that the scene where Bond talks to a papier-mache model of Vesper for over 5 minutes has been cut?

Yes but they are making $105M back in product placement for RoboMutt.

Now you'll be telling me that the scene where Bond talks to a papier-mache model of Vesper for over 5 minutes has been cut?

I don't think it's been cut; she's been replaced by a volleyball with some lipstick on it.

Really? I'd heard it was going to be David Tennant in drag.

That was when Lee Tamahori was involved in directing the film. I understand he left the Bond 23 project over disagreements with the producers as to the color of Daniel Craig's underwear.

Shame. Does that mean they've cut the fight while free-falling from the Eiffel Tower as well? I was looking forward that, dodgy CGI and all.

That depends. The free fall may involve the Vesper Vollyball with lipstick. That all depends if a deal is signed with Zemeckis.

#32 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:52 AM

This.

Nice B)

#33 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

The free fall may involve the Vesper Vollyball with lipstick. That all depends if a deal is signed with Zemeckis

The Vesper Volleyball is better than the papier-mache model. At least the volleyball has actually been in movies before. The model was just in that dog food advert.

#34 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:08 AM

I heard that the volleyball had some high demands for what she wanted in her trailer. Nothing but Green M & M's,her own private masseuse. Really! Some actors these days,they star in one hit movie & they think they're better then everyone. I damn well think she needs to be replaced! At least the paper mache Vesper showed up on time.

#35 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:12 AM

I heard that the volleyball had some high demands for what she wanted in her trailer. Nothing but Green M & M's,her own private masseuse. Really! Some actors these days,they star in one hit moie & they think they're better then everyone. I damn well think she needs to be replaced! At least the paper mache Vesper showed up on time.

Yeah, but I hear Daniel thought she was a bit stiff.

#36 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:14 AM

For what movie? The Dreamers featured a beeswax model, in case you don't remember. B)

Anyhow, we've gotten way off topic, that being whether or not Mr. Deth's tie will be mauve or mint.

#37 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

MINT!

#38 0012

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

Even better

Posted Image

This must mean Mugatu is the head of Quantum!

#39 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

MINT!

PINK!

#40 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:57 AM

For what movie? The Dreamers featured a beeswax model, in case you don't remember. B)

Anyhow, we've gotten way off topic, that being whether or not Mr. Deth's tie will be mauve or mint.

As long as it featured heat-seeking missiles, I'll be happy.

#41 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:55 AM

Even better

Posted Image

This must mean Mugatu is the head of Quantum!

Posted Image

#42 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

I heard that the volleyball had some high demands for what she wanted in her trailer. Nothing but Green M & M's,her own private masseuse. Really! Some actors these days,they star in one hit moie & they think they're better then everyone. I damn well think she needs to be replaced! At least the paper mache Vesper showed up on time.

Here is a list I have obtained of the Volleyball's full demands:-

Green M&Ms only. To be served in a green bowl, not featuring any floral pattern

Private Masseuse (not to have a name including any of the following letters, a, l, n or s)

Numerous DVDs of Olympic volleyball games from the following Olympics only:- 1992, 2000 and 2008.

120 bottles of still water, 40 bottles of perrier water, 18 cans of Diet Coke, three meat and potato pies made by the Head Pieman at Tucky's Pie Shop, Plymouth, UK.

Private chef

77 Hersheys Bars, already unwrapped, served in a china bucket

Private book reader. Someone who will read the stories of Lewis Carrol to her in between takes

14 porcelain monkeys to be scattered throughout the trailer all with their noses pointing East. No noses shall point in any other direction other than East. If a monkey gets moved and points in another direction, it must be moved back to East immediately.

#43 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:08 AM

Golden Brown to symbolise his drug addiction. Powerful stuff.

#44 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

How about a nice, horribly coloured, migraine-inducing paisley? There's a chap I used to know in Abu Dhabi who can lend advice on the matter.

#45 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

How about an homage to SPECTRE and the Connery movies, by having a tie that featured the Octopus motif as used on the rings of key SPECTRE employees.

#46 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

What knot should said tie be tied in?

The Four-in-Hand knot - Most popular type of knot and easiest to learn, probably over 80% of tie wearers knot their ties with this. The knot is long and straight but slightly lopsided.

The Half-Windsor knot A medium triangular knot that is considered more formal than the four-in-hand.

The Windsor knot - A wide triangular knot that is usually worn for formal occasions, this type of knot should be worn with wide spread collar shirts.

The Pratt/Shelby knot - A Semi-wide knot, when beginning to tie this knot the tie is turned outward.

#47 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

A light puce with canary yellow trim.

#48 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

Red CGI ties as in The Spirit, with inkblotches that move, as in Watchmen.

#49 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

What knot should said tie be tied in?

The Four-in-Hand knot - Most popular type of knot and easiest to learn, probably over 80% of tie wearers knot their ties with this. The knot is long and straight but slightly lopsided.

The Half-Windsor knot A medium triangular knot that is considered more formal than the four-in-hand.

The Windsor knot - A wide triangular knot that is usually worn for formal occasions, this type of knot should be worn with wide spread collar shirts.

The Pratt/Shelby knot - A Semi-wide knot, when beginning to tie this knot the tie is turned outward.

You forgot the Algerian Love knot...A tell-tale sign of a Quantum henchman..

#50 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

I know someone - (and before you ask, let me stop you now. For legal reasons, I can’t say who) – on the inside who says that the quick-fast editing EON plans to use in B23 is going to make QOS look like a senior citizen cake walk. And there are rumors within the production team (yes, the director and her [oops!] crew were chosen by EON loooong ago, before CR was filmed even) that the tie is going to play a HUGE role in one of the key action sequences.

#51 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

Yes, but what colour will it be? If you don't know your inside (wo)man is a bit rubbish frankly.

#52 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:45 PM

*****BREAKING NEWS*******

The Vollyball and the paper mache head are both out! It is official, She has been signed.

Posted Image

#53 TraceyBond007

TraceyBond007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

For what movie? The Dreamers featured a beeswax model, in case you don't remember. :tdown:

OH LOOK EVERYONE!

I'M MR BLOFELD! I CAN WINK!

:tdown: :) :) :S :S :| :S :| :| :D :D :( :(

B)

#54 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Yes, but what colour will it be? If you don't know your inside (wo)man is a bit rubbish frankly.

What's the matter with you? Didn't you read my post?! The editing is going to be SO FAST, we're not even going to be able to SEE what color the tie is, or WHO is wearing it, or WHAT happens even!

This of course, is to represent the scrambled, incoherent mind of Quentin Tarantino. Yet another shot across the S.S. QT bow from EON.

But now I've said too much... I've probably comprimised my source and EON is changing plans as I type.

#55 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

For what movie? The Dreamers featured a beeswax model, in case you don't remember. :tdown:

OH LOOK EVERYONE!

I'M MR BLOFELD! I CAN WINK!

:tdown: :) :) :S :S :| :S :| :| :D :D :( :(

B)

Posted Image

#56 TraceyBond007

TraceyBond007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

Well that was pointless considering you just fed me. :)

Seriously, stop the emoticons. B)

Shouldn;'t this be in the news section :tdown: I mean forget about directors or even the title it's the tie clor tyhat is what makes a film LMAO

Yeah, that's not funny. I maybe would've been if you got rid of the million spelling errors in the post.

LMAO

Quantumofbollox is always viewing the BOND 23 forum, it's sad. Doesn't he do anything else in his spare time. :tdown:

#57 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

Shut the hell up, or I'll...

Wait, I see you've already gone. That paisley tie must've scared him away!

#58 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

Windsor knot? What drugs are you on?

#59 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

yikes
This thread is definitive proof we're all desperate for some real Bond developments and news!

#60 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image