This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What colour tie should the third henchman wear in BOND 23?

60 replies to this topic

#1 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

I'm thinking taupe, but it might be too controversial for the fans.

#2 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

Silver the offical color Of quantum.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

Nah. If he wore a silver tie he'd look like he'd just came back from a 70's Disco night.

What an interesting thread. B)

#4 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

Are you kidding? Do you want us to go back to the CGI tie days of the Brosnan era? You prefer the eyebrow-raising ties of the Moore era?

It's a different time now - we have dark, Fleming-esque ties in the Craig era. Kick-arrrrse ties that mean business with no comedy quips. No steel-toothed, hover gondola inspiring, pigeon double-taking, Tarzan yelling, clown-make-up ties here mate!!

#5 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

Are you kidding? Do you want us to go back to the CGI tie days of the Brosnan era? You prefer the eyebrow-raising ties of the Moore era?

It's a different time now - we have dark, Fleming-esque ties in the Craig era. Kick-arrrrse ties that mean business with no comedy quips. No steel-toothed, hover gondola inspiring, pigeon double-taking, Tarzan yelling, clown-make-up ties here mate!!

I agree. Pasley it is.

#6 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

This.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

I agree. It's about time the pink tie made a comeback. B)

#8 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

Yes, but we need to wait until Craig is old and fat for him to wear it

#9 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:54 PM

Multi Color? it will apease everyone.

#10 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

Ian Fleming disapproves of this thread.

#11 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

It's the 3rd henchman we're talking about. The one Bond spears with a fake swordfish after the ice cream van chase.

#12 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

Shouldn;'t this be in the news section B) I mean forget about directors or even the title it's the tie clor tyhat is what makes a film LMAO

#13 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

It's the 3rd henchman we're talking about. The one Bond spears with a fake swordfish after the ice cream van chase.

Hmm, perhaps I need to reread Peter Morgan's script, but I understood that the third henchman was the one Bond fought on top of the golf cart in that breathtaking high speed 7 mph chase.

#14 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

LOL! B)

#15 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

Shouldn;'t this be in the news section B) I mean forget about directors or even the title it's the tie clor tyhat is what makes a film LMAO

Are you trying to be sarcastic or something, mate? This is Bond we're talking about. The third henchman's tie color is the base of the house of cards. If they don't get that right, then it all collapses. Craig can give the performance of a lifetime, but the audience will have already walked out, knowing that EON have insulted them with an inappropriate tie.

#16 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hmm, perhaps I need to reread Peter Morgan's script, but I understood that the third henchman was the one Bond fought on top of the golf cart in that breathtaking high speed 7 mph chase.

Ah, I was reading Purvis & Wade's original draft, sorry. Does Morgan retain the dinner sequence involving M, Q and Q's robot dog "RoboMutt"?

#17 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

Well first off he should wear a Ascot.
Secondly without a doubt the color should be Mint!

#18 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:18 AM

Ah, I was reading Purvis & Wade's original draft, sorry. Does Morgan retain the dinner sequence involving M, Q and Q's robot dog "RoboMutt"?

RoboMutt is still in the script, though he no longer fights the double taking pigeon, and now only appears as Jaws' sidekick in the twist scene where Bond, who if you remember is still undercover as an Indian Shaman, discovers the villain is the ghost of Max Zorin. Believe me when I say that Morgan has obviously studied the books, and this draft is strsight out of Fleming.

#19 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

Even better

Posted Image

#20 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

RoboMutt is still in the script, though he no longer fights the double taking pigeon, and now only appears as Jaws' sidekick in the twist scene where Bond, who if you remember is still undercover as an Indian Shaman, discovers the villain is the ghost of Max Zorin.

Wait, they replaced the Lollipop Man with Jaws? Dammit, I wanted to see the old guy in action, karate-chops and all!

#21 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

RoboMutt is still in the script, though he no longer fights the double taking pigeon, and now only appears as Jaws' sidekick in the twist scene where Bond, who if you remember is still undercover as an Indian Shaman, discovers the villain is the ghost of Max Zorin. Believe me when I say that Morgan has obviously studied the books, and this draft is strsight out of Fleming.

They spend $110M on creating RoboMutt and he only appears in the twist scene? What is going on? Have the producers gone mad? Now you'll be telling me that the scene where Bond talks to a papier-mache model of Vesper for over 5 minutes has been cut?

#22 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

They spend $110M on creating RoboMutt and he only appears in the twist scene? What is going on? Have the producers gone mad? Now you'll be telling me that the scene where Bond talks to a papier-mache model of Vesper for over 5 minutes has been cut?

They better not have! That scene was screaming Oscar nomination for Craig a mile away.

#23 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Now you'll be telling me that the scene where Bond talks to a papier-mache model of Vesper for over 5 minutes has been cut?

I don't think it's been cut; she's been replaced by a volleyball with some lipstick on it.

#24 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

Now you'll be telling me that the scene where Bond talks to a papier-mache model of Vesper for over 5 minutes has been cut?

I don't think it's been cut; she's been replaced by a volleyball with some lipstick on it.

Really? I'd heard it was going to be David Tennant in drag.

#25 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:36 AM

I thought it was Christopher Eccleston.

#26 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

Hmm, it was only about 5 minutes in your version? It's since been slightly beefed up to a 45 page monologue from Bond, which will really peel back his layers. Rumor has it that Craig was unhappy with the model's overacting in this scene, and he stormed off into his trailer.

And where've you been, Dave? I presume you must have missed the news that RoboMutt is mostly being saved for the spinoff movie that will feature him alongside Jinx, Elvis, that bloke who keeps seeing Bond then looking at his bottle, and Sanchez's gecko, all as a super elite crime fighting team.

#27 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

Damn, I know it's all a joke, but why's everyone ignoring my posts? B)

#28 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:45 AM

Yes but they are making $105M back in product placement for RoboMutt.

That was when Lee Tamahori was involved in directing the film. I understand he left the Bond 23 project over disagreements with the producers as to the color of Daniel Craig's underwear.

#29 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

Damn, I know it's all a joke, but why's everyone ignoring my posts? B)

It's no joke. I saw paparazzi shots of the volleyball in make-up.

Hmm, it was only about 5 minutes in your version? It's since been slightly beefed up to a 45 page monologue from Bond, which will really peel back his layers. Rumor has it that Craig was unhappy with the model's overacting in this scene, and he stormed off into his trailer.

And where've you been, Dave? I presume you must have missed the news that RoboMutt is mostly being saved for the spinoff movie that will feature him alongside Jinx, Elvis, that bloke who keeps seeing Bond then looking at his bottle, and Sanchez's gecko, all as a super elite crime fighting team.

I totally missed that. I have just researched it on wikipedia. It's all true. I can't believe the rumour that Sanchez's gecko expects to be paid more than the rest.

#30 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

Yes but they are making $105M back in product placement for RoboMutt.

That was when Lee Tamahori was involved in directing the film. I understand he left the Bond 23 project over disagreements with the producers as to the color of Daniel Craig's underwear.

Shame. Does that mean they've cut the fight while free-falling from the Eiffel Tower as well? I was looking forward that, dodgy CGI and all.