92 replies to this topic

#61 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Attonement Director joe Wright wants to have a crack at bond. I haven't read Empire but according to a friend on MI6 .co .uk

"Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before (no sign of it on Google either)- or whether it's worthy of it's own thread - but in the new edition of Empire, Atonement director and former Rosamund Pike smooch-recipient Joe Wright is quoted as saying that he'd "love to" have a crack at directing Bond. "

And I'd like to have a crack at Rosemund Pike. What is it about cold, harsh, bittler, aloof, relentless, brass-knuckled-ball-busters like Miranda Frost or Ursa that keeps us men coming back for more? I can remember being 10 and being completely swept away in a storm of feelings for Ursa in SUPERMAN II, secretly wishing she's pin my neck to the ground with her 6 inch stilettos. But I digress...

You must have an awfully stiff neck by now...

That's not his neck.

#62 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Attonement Director joe Wright wants to have a crack at bond. I haven't read Empire but according to a friend on MI6 .co .uk

"Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before (no sign of it on Google either)- or whether it's worthy of it's own thread - but in the new edition of Empire, Atonement director and former Rosamund Pike smooch-recipient Joe Wright is quoted as saying that he'd "love to" have a crack at directing Bond. "

And I'd like to have a crack at Rosemund Pike. What is it about cold, harsh, bittler, aloof, relentless, brass-knuckled-ball-busters like Miranda Frost or Ursa that keeps us men coming back for more? I can remember being 10 and being completely swept away in a storm of feelings for Ursa in SUPERMAN II, secretly wishing she's pin my neck to the ground with her 6 inch stilettos. But I digress...

You must have an awfully stiff neck by now...

That's not his neck.

Oh...

#63 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Wright making a last ditch is merely an assumption from Zencat and i've extrapolated it futher - i.e. even further speculation - to suggest he lost out on the gig.

It's plausable fer sure...but it doesn't 100 % mean the wheels are in motion for an iminent announcment, though i'd be delighted if it were so!

Bring it on, baby!!! B)

#64 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Wright making a last ditch is merely an assumption from Zencat and i've extrapolated it futher - i.e. even further speculation - to suggest he lost out on the gig.

It's plausable fer sure...but it doesn't 100 mean the wheels are in motion for an iminent announcment, though i'd be delighted if it were so!

Bring it on, baby!!! B)

Phew, well, it comes when it comes, no matter how heated the discussion gets, so I'm not really holding my breath or something till there's substantial confirmed news.

#65 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions.

#66 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

Not true...I did 40 minutes on the eliptical machine at lunch!

:tdown:

Besides, we're not jumping to conclusions...we're engaging in intellectual masturbation. B)

#67 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

I know what you mean, ever I since I was a wee lad I fantasised about Rosa Klebb swinging her knuckle dusters into my nether regions and doing unspeakable things to me.

#68 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions.

we're bond fans we're a llowed to jump at loud noises it doesn't make us anything less or more then the cynical bunch.

#69 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

Like i this should be featured on the front page news. WHY. Simple we live in a world where 2+2 still equals 4.

Given that the story is actually "According to Joe Wright, Joe Wright wants a crack at 007", I'm not sure it is a story at all.

Can't dispute the mathematics save that one needs two 2s in the first place. At present this is one sole dollop of number 2.

The interview probably went something like:

Empire: Would you like a crack at Bond, one day?
Wright: Sure, who wouldn't?

This then gets reported as "Joe Wright wants a crack at Bond."

Shoddy journalism, probably...

#70 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

The only excitement would come from confirmation of a late 2010 Bond.

I have another thread which speculates that Bond 23 arrives at the end of next year and that means a director announcement has to come no later than the end of Aug/begining of Sept...if my speculation is correct.

It's been dead around here and the one thing that will get us out of the doldrums is concrete news about Bond 23.

But Wright makeing a last ditch effort is to me Concrete evidence the wheels are turning in what direction i have no idea but the wheels are turning.

I think you're mistaken. Just because some director says in an article that he would like to direct a Bond, does in no way mean the producers are looking at directors right now.

#71 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:14 AM

Look, I just want BOND 23 to be campy fun. Is that too much to ask?

With a director like Joe Wright, we'd get Daniel Craig moping around and bearing the expression of someone who's severely constipated. 007 would be a nonsmoking, politically correct vegetarian. We'd get a mediocre score by David Arnold. We'd get an occasionally interesting but ultimately messy and incoherent script "by" Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and Peter Morgan, with lumpy slabs of "drama" shoehorned in. We'd get Judi Dench as M somewhat inexplicably treating Bond like dirt even though he's singlehandedly saved the world a few times. And the gunbarrel would be---- well, Christ knows where they'd put it this time round. Smack dab in the middle of the film, most probably. At any rate, God forbid that they should put it at the beginning. The idea!

My new choice for Bond 23 Director - Loomis!!!

B) :tdown:

#72 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Wright does have a movie with Cate Blanchett signed on to star set up for next year. Depending on schedules, that could count him out of 23.

#73 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

Joe Wright is a terrible choice. Atonement was a great book that Wright did an OK job on - just about OK. The 'epic' post-battle beach scene was unbelievably badly executed - pathetic CGI that should never have been signed off - uninspiring, not at all moving or dramatic.

His career is obviously the result of over-privileged opportunity and nepotism. To make bland adaptations with such advantages doesn't smack of the inspiration and inventiveness of Terrence Young, or Guy Hamilton, or the energy and experience of Martin Campbell.

The obvious candidate is Christopher Nolan. If he's unobtainable, then they should be seeking that caliber of visionary - not a local lovee, a dogs body that Eon can manipulate.

Though QOS has its problems (mainly in the obviously unfinished script) i thought Forster was an inspired choice. It's unfair to compare him to Wright, as some have done here. His films have been imaginative, varied and independent in nature. I hope Eon haven't been scared off such gambles by the mixed reaction to 23.

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 10 August 2009 - 09:00 AM.

#74 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Joe Wright is a terrible choice. Atonement was a great book that Wright did an OK job on - just about OK. The 'epic' post-battle beach scene was unbelievably badly executed.

Personally, I thought that scene was bloody marvellous. One of the best-directed scenes in modern cinema*. That alone would qualify him for Bond 23 in my eyes. The fact that the rest of Atonement was stunning merely cements it.

* Incidentally, the Observer called it "the single greatest shot in the history of British cinema."

#75 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Joe Wright is a terrible choice. Atonement was a great book that Wright did an OK job on - just about OK. The 'epic' post-battle beach scene was unbelievably badly executed.

Personally, I thought that scene was bloody marvellous. One of the best-directed scenes in modern cinema*. That alone would qualify him for Bond 23 in my eyes. The fact that the rest of Atonement was stunning merely cements it.

* Incidentally, the Observer called it "the single greatest shot in the history of British cinema."

To be honest, The Observer isn't cutting the mustered when it comes to being honest about lovee-fest british cinema.

For a more honest opinion on this see long running review websites, such as Chud.com:

"...Which makes it all that much weirder that I never connected with it on any emotional level. Atonement is a movie meant to send you into the theater lobby with puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks, and technically it does everything it needs to do to get that reaction from you. But it's that technical proficiency that made it impossible for me to feel the film; I stand in awe of it, I admire the hell out of it, but it never touched me or resonated within me in any deep, meaningful way...."

"....In Atonement this beach scene might as well open with a title card: "And now for the tracking shot!" Which isn't to take away from the virtuosic artistry that went into bringing this complex and layered scene to life, but I found myself feeling like a punk rocker listening to ELO in the 70s - you have to admit this B) is really, really well made, but what purpose does it serve other than to let you know how well they can make this :tdown:?"

writewords.org.uk (writer's community:

"....Joe Wright has gone one better in this extraordinarily bad film – he has managed to get all the wrong notes in the wrong order. When he sees what has been done to his book Ian McEwan must be spitting blood all the way to the bank.
Critical reaction to this film beggars belief. Bad is bad and pretending otherwise does not seem to me to do any worthwhile service to the British Film Industry or our genuine home-grown talent including that misused in this chocolate box of a movie.."

"....The scenes on the beach at Dunkirk and later in blitzed London are farcical in their clichéd imagery. Little cockney sparra speeches, arthritic old ladies pushing antique prams, a cockney kid who looked as if he needed to be taught how to skip etc .... .... There is hardly a scene in the movie where Wright denies himself a chocolate-box shot."

efilmcritic.com:

"....You see, before we arrive at Dunkirk, “Atonement” is an intimate affair. Its first act keeps a close eye on a wealthy family and those around them, focusing its beam on three main characters. As the story opens up beyond the family estate and into World War II, the focus remains entirely on these three characters. Then we get the tracking shot, which belongs in an epic of larger vision; as we watch the long, hard wait for evacuation by a seeming infinite number of soldiers and citizens, the camera glides along the war-torn beach, finds all these other people, peeks into their lives. Is it the movie opening itself up to a grander scope for its second half? Nope. After the tracking shot, we return to the intimate scale, and the rest of the film deals entirely with the three main characters, a close-up view of a constricted tale that just happens to be set against a larger backdrop.

Why, then, did we need to spend four minutes with thousands of soldiers whom we’ll never meet again, soldiers who have no real bearing on the story at all? Frankly, we don’t. The same “war is hell” message could be told in small-scale form. Director Wright, who peppers his movie with directorial flourishes throughout, is either confused about the intentions of his story, eager to call attention to himself by showing off his newfound love for flashy technique, or, more likely, both."

timeout.com:

"....The film’s later scenes are more pedestrian and Wright becomes more prone to visual swaggery: a technically impressive but artistically questionable five-minute tracking shot of the carnage at Dunkirk; the nurses marching in formation around a hospital as lights go off above them one-by-one; the rush of water through a tube station as a character drowns – all these grate as one feels that Wright, rather than tackling the pitfalls of storytelling instead succumbs to its audience-pleasing thrills."

...I could go on....

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 10 August 2009 - 10:54 AM.

#76 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

Please don't.

#77 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

To be honest, The Observer isn't cutting the mustered when it comes to being honest about lovee-fest british cinema.

For a more honest opinion on this see long running review websites, such as Chud.com:

"...Which makes it all that much weirder that I never connected with it on any emotional level. Atonement is a movie meant to send you into the theater lobby with puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks, and technically it does everything it needs to do to get that reaction from you. But it's that technical proficiency that made it impossible for me to feel the film; I stand in awe of it, I admire the hell out of it, but it never touched me or resonated within me in any deep, meaningful way...."

"....In Atonement this beach scene might as well open with a title card: "And now for the tracking shot!" Which isn't to take away from the virtuosic artistry that went into bringing this complex and layered scene to life, but I found myself feeling like a punk rocker listening to ELO in the 70s - you have to admit this B) is really, really well made, but what purpose does it serve other than to let you know how well they can make this :tdown:?"

writewords.org.uk (writer's community:

"....Joe Wright has gone one better in this extraordinarily bad film – he has managed to get all the wrong notes in the wrong order. When he sees what has been done to his book Ian McEwan must be spitting blood all the way to the bank.
Critical reaction to this film beggars belief. Bad is bad and pretending otherwise does not seem to me to do any worthwhile service to the British Film Industry or our genuine home-grown talent including that misused in this chocolate box of a movie.."

"....The scenes on the beach at Dunkirk and later in blitzed London are farcical in their clichéd imagery. Little cockney sparra speeches, arthritic old ladies pushing antique prams, a cockney kid who looked as if he needed to be taught how to skip etc .... .... There is hardly a scene in the movie where Wright denies himself a chocolate-box shot."

efilmcritic.com:

"....You see, before we arrive at Dunkirk, “Atonement” is an intimate affair. Its first act keeps a close eye on a wealthy family and those around them, focusing its beam on three main characters. As the story opens up beyond the family estate and into World War II, the focus remains entirely on these three characters. Then we get the tracking shot, which belongs in an epic of larger vision; as we watch the long, hard wait for evacuation by a seeming infinite number of soldiers and citizens, the camera glides along the war-torn beach, finds all these other people, peeks into their lives. Is it the movie opening itself up to a grander scope for its second half? Nope. After the tracking shot, we return to the intimate scale, and the rest of the film deals entirely with the three main characters, a close-up view of a constricted tale that just happens to be set against a larger backdrop.

Why, then, did we need to spend four minutes with thousands of soldiers whom we’ll never meet again, soldiers who have no real bearing on the story at all? Frankly, we don’t. The same “war is hell” message could be told in small-scale form. Director Wright, who peppers his movie with directorial flourishes throughout, is either confused about the intentions of his story, eager to call attention to himself by showing off his newfound love for flashy technique, or, more likely, both."

timeout.com:

"....The film’s later scenes are more pedestrian and Wright becomes more prone to visual swaggery: a technically impressive but artistically questionable five-minute tracking shot of the carnage at Dunkirk; the nurses marching in formation around a hospital as lights go off above them one-by-one; the rush of water through a tube station as a character drowns – all these grate as one feels that Wright, rather than tackling the pitfalls of storytelling instead succumbs to its audience-pleasing thrills."

...I could go on....

Thank-you for that cheery-picked Googled selection of negative reviews. If I had the time or the inclination I could counter with many more positive ones. But I won't because it's pointless. The Observer may or may not not "cut the mustered" (sic) when it comes to film reviews. But the opinion of their critic is as valid as yours, mine or anyone else's. You can cite a thousand negative reviews of Atonement if you really wish, but it won't alter my own opinion that it is one of the finest - and certainly best-directed - films of modern times. Or that the beach scene is one of the most breathtakingly briliant pieces of British filmmaking. (And I trust you will afford me the right to my opinion?)For those reasons, I would welcome Joe Wright directing a future Bond film.

I do appreciate why some people have taken agin Joe Wright and Atonement, though. It's tiresome how the fashion now is to sneer and mock success in Britain. Make an intelligent film which is acclaimed...? Oh, you must be an intellectual, who's had a leg up through nepotism or summat. Still, only in England is "intellectual" a term of abuse...

#78 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

Hey, simply wanted to counter your Observer quote. Lets not get the old 'everyones entitled to their opinion' argument out - the point of a forum is debate these opinions.

I don't disparage JW because he's an over-privileged result of nepotism, but because i think his work is turgid, self-important and highly mediocre. It plays to the vanities of an equally over-privileged minority and i don't want to see Bond go that way. Nor do Eon by the looks of it; they approached truly talented filmmaker Danny Boyle to shoot Bond23. Sadly he said no, but that approach gives me reason to trust that Eon want vigor, rather than vanity.

It's typical to be labeled as someone who 'mocks success in Britain', just because i think a particular British export [JW] is a bit crap. I support the success of Slumdog Millionaire - it captured imaginations and hearts across the planet and across the spectrum of class and intellect.

And who on earth used the word intellectual as a derogatory term? Not me! I don't find JW's work intellectual at all. It dresses as intellectual, but underneath is merely Jerry Bruckheimer for the aspiring middle classes.

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 10 August 2009 - 12:21 PM.

#79 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hey, simply wanted to counter your Observer quote. Lets not get the old 'everyones entitled to their opinion' argument out - the point of a forum is debate these opinions.

I don't disparage JW because he's an over-privileged result of nepotism, but because i think his work is turgid, self-important and highly mediocre. It plays to the vanities of an equally over-privileged minority and i don't want to see Bond go that way. Nor do Eon by the looks of it; they approached truly talented filmmaker Danny Boyle to shoot Bond23. Sadly he said no, but that approach gives me reason to trust that Eon want vigor, rather than vanity.

It's typical to be labeled as someone who 'mocks success in Britain', just because i think a particular British export [JW] is a bit crap. I support the success of Slumdog Millionaire - it captured imaginations and hearts across the planet and across the spectrum of class and intellect.

And who on earth used the word intellectual as a derogatory term? Not me! I don't find JW's work intellectual at all. It dresses as intellectual, but underneath is merely Jerry Bruckheimer for the aspiring middle classes.

Posted Image

#80 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Heath Ledger lives!

#81 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

I don't disparage JW because he's an over-privileged result of nepotism, but because i think his work is turgid, self-important and highly mediocre. It plays to the vanities of an equally over-privileged minority and i don't want to see Bond go that way.

Bloody well said! B)

Still, only in England is "intellectual" a term of abuse...

If Wright's an intellectual I'm Arnold Schwarzenegger.

#82 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Thank God for that - I thought all the Bond admirers had been initiated into the merchant Ivory set when wasn't looking.

BTW, nice animation Shark. If there was a God, then Chris Nolan would be shooting Bond23 - no competition.

#83 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

I hope that guy behind Heath isn't doing what i think he is!

#84 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

Thank God for that - I thought all the Bond admirers had been initiated into the merchant Ivory set when wasn't looking.

BTW, nice animation Shark. If there was a God, then Chris Nolan would be shooting Bond23 - no competition.

I'm curious, how long has a rather sizable chunk of people around here been pro-Nolan? Since Insomnia? Batman Begins? The Prestige? The Dark Knight? I mean obviously some people would've been pro-Nolan before others, but it seems lately there's a good number of people who are all in the pro-Nolan camp, and I'm simply curious for the sake of being curious I suppose, but c'est la moi.

#85 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

I'm curious, how long has a rather sizable chunk of people around here been pro-Nolan? Since Insomnia? Batman Begins? The Prestige? The Dark Knight? I mean obviously some people would've been pro-Nolan before others, but it seems lately there's a good number of people who are all in the pro-Nolan camp, and I'm simply curious for the sake of being curious I suppose, but c'est la moi.

Nolan should stay on Batman plain and simple i don't want another Schumacher coming in and recking the batman franchise.

As for 007 it's kinda funny Loomis and others who want a John glen tyope I give them just that in Adrian Paul and then people critisize me by saying "your thinking to out of the box" the highlander show was shot and done like movies Bill Panzar and I wanna say David Abromowitz were movie producers before they went into the world of television and every time they tried to (as much as they could) do things like the movies simply becvause that was what they knew and that was it.

when I think Inside the box with Chris Nolan and Joe Wright I'm chastized as thinking to in the box. When I go for out of the box suggestions I'm made fun of for my 'radical ideas'

I really have got to stop to posting my suggestions lol

#86 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

As for 007 it's kinda funny Loomis and others who want a John glen tyope I give them just that in Adrian Paul and then people critisize me by saying "your thinking to out of the box"

I don't know if anyone else said you were thinking "outside of the box" but when I said it I meant it as a compliment, as while there is more chance of me winning the lottery than Paul directing Bond 23 it's more interesting to read than the 1000th unimaginative suggestion of certain fanboy favourites.

#87 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

As for 007 it's kinda funny Loomis and others who want a John glen tyope I give them just that in Adrian Paul and then people critisize me by saying "your thinking to out of the box"

I don't know if anyone else said you were thinking "outside of the box" but when I said it I meant it as a compliment, as while there is more chance of me winning the lottery than Paul directing Bond 23 it's more interesting to read than the 1000th unimaginative suggestion of certain fanboy favourites.

Ah i mistook it my apologies.

Adrian Pual To me seem like the best of both world For the John glen Matrin Camopbel type of guy Paul has directed both action and slightly more comedic episodes of highlander

For those who want Marc Forester Part 2 We're talking about a show where while certain people live forever they watch as the mortals the love grow old and die you want drama yeah there is a lot of it in highlander.

and He's CHEAP Producers could get him and get a larger slice of the pie then say getting most of the fan faves And he's likely to do more then one.

Remeber this every one of my suggestions no matter how out there does actually have an easy to follow logic behind it.

Besides If I remeber Correctly Paul Greengrass was doing television work before Borne. Just saying.

#88 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Please folks. A bit of logic and perspective.

Adrian Whatever is not going to direct a Bond film. One or two episodes of a telly show do not make you the natural choice for a Bond film. Eon Productions do not need to hire a telly director because he is unknown and - by some people's logic - cheap. "Cheap" is not something Eon Productions need to concern themselves with. And neither are third rate directors of fourth rate HIGHLANDER cash ins going to feature high on the directors lists this time round.

Secondly, there is NO story in this Joe Wright comment. It is an example of a magazine such as Empire wanting a closing flourish. It means nothing. The fact that it is printed in Empire magazine is NOTHING. The fact that people are telling other people it is printed in Empire magazine is NOTHING.

God, it really is deathly quiet around here at the moment, isn't it? I'm going back to the beach hut marked "why bother" for a few more months.

#89 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

Besides If I remeber Correctly Paul Greengrass was doing television work before Borne.

Yes and it wasn't HIGHLANDER 19 - THE CHEAPENING.

#90 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

Come on Zorin, bagging on someone with a cheap (arf!) shot like that for suggesting a director who isn't going to even be considred and whom they've admitted wont anyway is unnecessary and nasty. Why not use your ammo to target those who insist a Bond film must be directed by a certain fanboy favourite...