204 replies to this topic

#31 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

Well, I'm sure the problem'll solve itself out eventually To post or not to post, that is. Another try today which failed. Tell you the truth, I don't know if the problem is from my end or CBn's (Heck, perhaps BLACK FOX has got to them and they are now trying to prevent me from exposing one of James Bond's greatest and most exciting adventures to the general public!)

Just to make sure they're not in cahoots with Mr Carter though, or rather, the man called Apocalypse as we know him better, I've sent a couple of communiqués to the MODS out there to see if I've been disabled to post for some reason or the other. Maybe I’ve outstayed my welcome on the Fan Fic thread. You never know.

I am awaiting a reply.

Having said that, Double-O-7, MkB and my other gentle readers out there, I'll give it till tomorrow and Friday and should I still not be able to post on the Fan Fic site, I'll send you the MIDASGOLD prelude via Email and attachment (You’ll all have to forward me your Email addresses though naturally).

That way you'll read it exclusively

Yours truly

Harry Fawkes/Roger Mulvaney

#32 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

Eureka!!!!! I've just discovered why I couldn't post!!!! My Anti Virus thing blocked a couple of icons on the Post a new Story page. I've just disabled it. I can now post!!!!

Jim thanks a million for your help! Really, thanks for the quick response.

Crikey am I dumb B) !

Ha ha! Now I can post :tdown:

#33 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

AND HE'S BACK!

When it comes to action and excitement, Fawkes makes Faulks
look like an amateur

ENJOY AS MUCH AS I DID WRITING IT

#34 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

CHAPTER 1

The Brotherhood
of the
Golden Dragon

COMING SOONER THAN YOU THINK

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#35 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

Eureka!!!!! I've just discovered why I couldn't post!!!! My Anti Virus thing blocked a couple of icons on the Post a new Story page. I've just disabled it. I can now post!!!!

Jim thanks a million for your help! Really, thanks for the quick response.

Anti Virus? I certainly hope that nasty piece of work hasn't escaped from his maximum security cage!

I'm glad Jim was able to get you sorted out, if he ever used his powers for evil we'd all be in trouble. B)

#36 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

...The fact is, Double O Seven, you had clear orders to lie low and you failed to do so merely because you were ‘keen’ on seeing an old girl friend.’ M had told him back in his office overlooking the Thames.
Bond tried desperately to defend himself but M had cut him off abruptly.
‘Everybody thinks you jeopardised the whole operation. The fact that there are insiders in MI6 hasn’t been proven yet.’
‘Then how the hell did the bastard know I was in Switzerland in the first place, sir.’
‘Because you were seen in that hotel with that blasted girl, Double O Seven!’ M shouted; then after a couple of moments added in a softer tone, ‘That’s what they’ve concluded anyway.’
‘Black Fox knew we were planning an assault two days before our arrival there. Chauveau confirmed that. He...’
‘That’s not the point is it, James? The devils back at Whitehall want proof, man, can’t you understand? Two Double O agents were killed and they want heads to roll. It’s a simple as that. The Joint Intelligence Committee is up in arms and calling for your dismissal from the Service and you know what kind of pull they’ve got with our powers to be. This wretched affair could cost you your Double O number.’
Bond looked back at him firmly.
‘That’s too bad, sir,’ he said...

THOSE EAGER FOR A SEQUEL TO

THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE
OR ANY FAN OF JAMES BOND

WILL SNATCH

AT

M I D A S G O L D

#37 SGT Mike B

SGT Mike B

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

...The fact is, Double O Seven, you had clear orders to lie low and you failed to do so merely because you were ‘keen’ on seeing an old girl friend.’ M had told him back in his office overlooking the Thames.
Bond tried desperately to defend himself but M had cut him off abruptly.
‘Everybody thinks you jeopardised the whole operation. The fact that there are insiders in MI6 hasn’t been proven yet.’
‘Then how the hell did the bastard know I was in Switzerland in the first place, sir.’
‘Because you were seen in that hotel with that blasted girl, Double O Seven!’ M shouted; then after a couple of moments added in a softer tone, ‘That’s what they’ve concluded anyway.’
‘Black Fox knew we were planning an assault two days before our arrival there. Chauveau confirmed that. He...’
‘That’s not the point is it, James? The devils back at Whitehall want proof, man, can’t you understand? Two Double O agents were killed and they want heads to roll. It’s a simple as that. The Joint Intelligence Committee is up in arms and calling for your dismissal from the Service and you know what kind of pull they’ve got with our powers to be. This wretched affair could cost you your Double O number.’
Bond looked back at him firmly.
‘That’s too bad, sir,’ he said...

THOSE EAGER FOR A SEQUEL TO

THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE
OR ANY FAN OF JAMES BOND

WILL SNATCH

AT

M I D A S G O L D

This looks so interesting. I can't wait to read it. Good job...

#38 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

...‘Then perhaps I should submit my resignation from the service, sir.’ Bond told him. ‘I’m not having a bunch of bean counters and desk jockeys put me through hell because of something I had no control upon. True, I did meet Gabriella Brunner that night but Black Fox knew we were planning to grab him even before I got to London for your briefing. The bastard has someone on his payroll, sir, and that someone is high up. Chauveau told me that they’d been watching the safe-house the whole day planning how to snatch me.’
‘And you presented them with the perfect opportunity, didn't you?’ M put in for good measure. ‘If they had got hold of you...’
‘But they didn’t, sir.’ Bond snapped.
‘Thanks to the fact that Chauveau and his men were a bunch of bloody amateurs...’

CHAPTER 1

TUESDAY

JULY

#39 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

EAGER!! EAGER!! EAGER!!
BTW, how come you don't make teaser or cover posters!

#40 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

Chapter 1 available now.

#41 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

EAGER!! EAGER!! EAGER!!
BTW, how come you don't make teaser or cover posters!

As you can see be eager no more my dear friend Greene Planet.

As for your question, unfortunately I can't even download an attachment from my email without causing havoc to my system let alone design a cover for my story! B)

Nah, writing is what I love best and with MIDASGOLD I'm pulling out all the stops.

Readers are going to be shocked at what I have in store for the coming days.

Bond's world is going to be turned inside out! Twice fold!

And it is definitely the last in the Harry Fawkes series so I'm ending it with one hell of a shocker.

It wouldn’t be a HF Fan Fic if not, would it?

#42 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

CHAPTER 2

The Italian Job

COMING SOON

#43 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

I like the title, great movie too.

#44 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

I liked chapter one, perfect length. Perfect writing. This is going to be your best one, Mr Fawkes!

#45 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

On the positive side, however, these idiots were obviously amateurs, and way out of their league! The man called Jean-Luc Chauveau should have definitely considered working with more reliable sidekicks, Bond observed. Not only did they let him go inside to abduct him on his own and didn’t bother if he’d need a hand or two, but while he was at it they were out there in the street, smoking cigars and making themselves terribly conspicuous instead of hiding in the Merc or the building’s staircase!
Bad for them, good for him.

lol, brilliant trick Harry! B) :tdown:

I'll soon catch up with the new chapter!

#46 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:40 AM

When is Chapter two coming?

#47 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

James Bond was feeling hot and stuffy and he had a bit of a hangover when he got out of the taxi. He was welcomed immediately at the Hotel Mille Fiori because his reservation was made from the UK.
After filling in his personal details, he ordered a Suzuki GSX R1000. He had given the clerk his international driving licence and requested that it should be delivered at once.
He was then shown to a corner room on the fourth floor, the balcony overlooking the pool area and gratefully, he took off his UK clothes, now moist with sweat and went into the shower.
Turning the cold water full on, he stood under it for ten refreshing minutes.
After, he unpacked and slipped into a black Vellon and Reid shirt, beige slacks and a beige flying jacket, looked in the mirror and went down and out to where the sleek black Suzuki was parked.
James Bond smiled mischieviously.
'Now for some fun,' he said...

COO7MING SOO7N

#48 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

The waiter brought the drink over and Bond offered him a cigarette, Risaco’s being the only restaurant in Rome where one could enjoy a cigarette freely and without fear of legal consequences.
‘No thanks, I stopped using those years ago.’
‘Forgive me I forgot,’ Bond said smiling. ‘I’ve tried so many times myself I don’t even bloody bother anymore.’
Grazianizi produced a six by four coloured photo of a man getting into a taxi outside an airport arrivals terminal.
‘That’s your man, James. Shiseido Kogane.’
‘Hmmm, Midas Gold.’
‘It was taken a month ago in Vienna.’
‘Creepy sod,’ Bond said softly and looked at the photo again, exhaling a stream of grey smoke slowly. ‘What’s with the golden eyes?’
‘Eye colors can range from the most common color, brown, to the least common, green. Rare genetic mutations can even lead to unusual eye colors: black, red, or the appearance of gold.’

CLASSIC BOND
WITH A TOUCH OF GOLD

#49 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

I really like the teasers, Fawkes. Your doing a fantastic job.

#50 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

‘Which goes without saying, James. As you know so well, the drug trade is a very dangerous machina and so too is Midas Gold. La Machina del Diavolo. I am sure he is playing with other dangerous people on this job. The Mafia, the Camorra and last but not least the Marcuzzi even, who knows? I have a feeling that they will be investing lots of money into his operation which means you are on very dangerous ground, my friend, e certamente non volgio la tua morte su mio cosciensa sai, so you may rest assured no one will know you even exist, let alone are here. As for official action however, believe me James, the more the police and the security services push, the more Nakamuro and his organisation will go deeper underground, making their activities harder to follow than they ever were before. And if that happens, what we’re going to see from here on is the Brotherhood of the Golden Dragon becoming much more structured, like the Sicilian Mafia and other European crime syndicates.’
Bond nodded.
This affair certainly sounded rather unpleasant, dangerous and very, very dirty...

COMING THIS WEEK

'It was something out of Silence of the Lambs, but much worse if possible. The police found his almost unrecognizable nude body wrapped in a cheap bedspread with colored flowers and leaves. His hands and feet were bound with piano wire and his genitals were stuffed into his mouth. Whoever killed him was an animale. No less.’
Grazianizi let the words sink in.

BOND IS BACK

#51 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

CHAPTER 2 POSTED

OO7

Bond has always lived on very dangerous grounds throughout his career
but this mission is going to take him to the very edge

Soon Double O Seven is going to realise that he has become trapped
in an assignment much more far-reaching and dangerous
than he imagined
in this enthralling and entertaining Fan Fic novel by

H A R R Y F A W K E S

Nothing will be as it seems and when it comes to the killing, not a hold will be barred

TURBO-DRIVEN ACTION AND EXCITEMENT

A POTENT BLEND OF VIOLENCE AND TREACHERY THAT WILL LEAVE THE READER BREATHLESS

MIDASGOLD

IAN FLEMING'S
JAMES BOND
IS BACK
AND HE'S BETTER THAN BLOODY EVER!

#52 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

New addition up now.

#53 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

a ball of flame erupted from inside the Fiat with one of the loudest bangs he’d ever heard

typical of Roman driving-style! B)

#54 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

Chapter 3

A Game for Devils

COO7MING SOO7N

#55 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Bond couldn’t believe what had just happened.
He turned onto his side and looked back at the burning wreck further on, still in shock. There was no way Grazianizi could have survived that, he thought.
There was a piercing ringing in his ears and his back felt like hell.
He picked himself up and brushed himself down, swaying unsteadily as a couple of police cars and a fire engine screamed round the corner.
Loads of people had gathered on both sides of the street, watching the bonfire rage, looks of fear and astonishment in their eyes and on their faces.
He cursed and made his way to the bike.
He couldn’t afford to be stopped.
Not now.
People had seen him with Grazianizi so he had to get out of there fast before the police got to him.
Once on the bike, Bond sped off as if the hounds of hell were after him, thinking of his dear friend and the horrible death he had just succumbed.
The fact was though, Bond had been fingered and he realised this only as he made his way along the Via Dei Traviali.
A red Fiat Brava was now hot on his bloody heels...

BOND AT HIS BEST

THE NAME IS
MIDAS GOLD

#56 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

C O M I N G S O O N

There was a crash and loud bang as the Fiat swerved and hit the wall to avoid the looming projectile that was the bike.
Bond watched somewhat amused as the GSX-R1000 hit the Fiat head-on, causing considerable damage with a crashing bang; and then he turned towards a doorway of a large house that had just opened on his left and darted inside and through what the Italians refer to as the antiporta.
He ran through a long hallway that led to a wide flight of stairs beyond.
Ma chi cazzo sei, sporco mayale filgio di puttana!’ screamed a voice from the living room on his left.
Polizia! Mama Mia, ma che fatte?! Aiuto!
Bond couldn’t help smiling as he made for the roof.
‘Awfully sorry!’ he called out and kicked open the door leading to the roof terrace...

BOND BACK IN ACTION!

#57 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Finally had the time to read Harry's latest and found these two chapters to be well-worth the time. The move from the first chapter to the second has the feel of moving from the PTS of a Bond film into the larger story. The previous story was almost wrapped-up before introducing the next one.

One thing I would like to see explored further would be the emotions Bond experiences after
Spoiler

I think this would give the author the chance to show some depth to our favorite character, and I recall Fleming spending almost too much time on the subject during some of the earlier novels.

#58 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the response Double-0-7 B)

As for the emotions Bond experiences after what he's been through, is all I can say without giving too much away is: watch the tell tale signs of a man on the edge of 'blowing up'.

Also start looking for the signs of a man with what is usualy refered to as a 'Death Wish'.

Have I given away too much?

Believe me, don't think you know which way I'm gonna turn cause frankly not even I know!

PTSD is one hell of a bitch believe me.

For James Bond it might be the end of him!

#59 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

CHAPTER III POSTED

COMING SOON

CHAPTER 4

AS GOOD AS GOLD

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#60 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

There must be a delay between you posting a chapter and it being made accessible.

No bother, the sun came back out so I'll take advantage of decent weather and read Midas Gold later!