This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Has anyone read Ian Fleming's 'The Hildebrandt Rarity'?

39 replies to this topic

#31 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

It is difficult to comment upon a set of vague ideas with no context or story.

Oh I dunno - you did a sterling job of reviewing Die Another Day.

LOL.
Ah, the great works often puzzle more conventional minds... B)

#32 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

If they ever do adapt The hildebrand Rarity i think the murder could easily become on of the cool plot points in the film a who done it in a bond film would be a welcome refreshing suprise.

#33 007Bond007

007Bond007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

for me, the story does not sound big enough like dealing with quantum in quantum of solace, i have personaly read the hilbrandt rarity, good read but not cinematic enough, for the franchise.

#34 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

You do know Quantum of Solace is a completely original story? Taking nothing from the source material? If the Hildebrand Rarity does get used, this may also be the case.

#35 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

perhaps the film The hildebrand rarity will have to do with drug trad out of Afghanistan (or maybe that is the fim Risico)

#36 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

You do know Quantum of Solace is a completely original story? Taking nothing from the source material? If the Hildebrand Rarity does get used, this may also be the case.

Given that they seem to think Fleming is used up (entirely preposterous, in the case of a lot of short stories and two novels they only took elements) this will likely be the case.

#37 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

I don't understand how people can say "Oh! All of Flemings used up!" It isn't! The films are very loosely based on the novels.

I mean, reading Thunderball today, I came across a lot of stuff that wasn't used in the film. When Bond saves Pat from getting ran over for instance.

#38 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

I don't understand how people can say "Oh! All of Flemings used up!" It isn't! The films are very loosely based on the novels.

I mean, reading Thunderball today, I came across a lot of stuff that wasn't used in the film. When Bond saves Pat from getting ran over for instance.

Wasn't the Thunderball book just the novelization of a first draft of the original unused script from way back when?

#39 007Bond007

007Bond007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

obviously.

#40 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

obviously.

I agree It probably won't have anything to do with the short story which is ok i guess.