191 replies to this topic

#181 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

Official release date is still June 3, but this YB book wasn't embargoed like the others, so Puffin started shipping 2 weeks in advance of the date. Can't guarantee it's on stores shelves now, but there's a good chance.

#182 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Anyone have a copy of the paperback in hand yet? Ordered mine from The Book Depository. Free shipping, but it takes time. Maybe should have done Amazon for this.

#183 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

Anyone have a copy of the paperback in hand yet? Ordered mine from The Book Depository. Free shipping, but it takes time. Maybe should have done Amazon for this.

Did the same as you (and still waiting too). That free shipping is just too good an incentive over the sometimes crippling currency exchange. B)

#184 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

On the upside, I did just get the Andy Lane's first Young Holmes book from them today. Official release date for this book is Friday. If I get my Dossier tomorrow (official release date), then that would be a good thing.

By the way, the Young Holmes book is dedicated in part to Charlie Higson.

#185 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

I can confirm It's on the bookshelfs in the UK. Same as the Hardback page for page, apart from the cover which is now made of "Paperback" with a Kev Walker drawing of YB on the front.

#186 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

Thanks Dan. Still waiting on my copy.

#187 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Got it today. Very nicely done. I like the red spine. Looks great with the other paperbacks.

No sure this book has gotten the same love as the other YB books, despite the short story being really terrific. This might be a hard one to track down in the years to come. No current plans for a U.S. edition either.

#188 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

I'm sure it'll be released next year in the US. They haven't announced anything, but they've been releasing YB yearly so it makes sense this would be a 2011 book. What you said may hold true for SilverFin The Graphic Novel though. Since we haven't heard anything about a Blood Fever Graphic Novel and it's been nearly 2 years since the UK release I'm starting to think SilverFin sold poorly and doomed the entire series. Walker's non-involvement with the US release of By Royal Command also seems to hint at that. I hope that's not the case.

#189 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

I wouldn't be so sure, K1. I've asked Disney about it. No current plans. Maybe they will in time, but if it was coming next year they would already have it all set.

Yeah, it doesn't look good for more graphic novels, does it? Too bad. Would have loved more adaptations. Original stories would have be cool as well.

#190 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

I wouldn't be so sure, K1. I've asked Disney about it. No current plans. Maybe they will in time, but if it was coming next year they would already have it all set.

I have to ask, does their agreement with IFP or whomever allow for them to publish that book? The original deal was only for the first 2 books. I gather they expanded that deal to the full set, but this is surely outside that.

#191 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

Good question. I don't know. Don't know the intricacies of the deal.

#192 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, it doesn't look good for more graphic novels, does it? Too bad. Would have loved more adaptations. Original stories would have be cool as well.

I know - the four remaining books would have made for fine Kev Walker adaptations.