116 replies to this topic

#91 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

The Persuaders! series is coming to blu ray from Network UK in 2011!!!!

It's currently listed on the main page in the lower right hand corner of the ad for the new Retro Action series!!

http://www.networkdvd.net/index.php

Retro Action set 1 blu ray set will also feature The Persuaders! episode Chain Of Events!

I hope that the series will play on US region 1 blu ray players!!

Very awesome news!!!! I am planning on picking up this series for sure!!

Bummer news for US fans of The Persuaders! The new blu ray set will be locked to Region B UK. : (

Sux. I doubt the US will get a blu ray release of The Persuaders!

Your only option for the UK Network set will be to upgrade to a region free Blu ray player. I believe Sharp has one.

Hopefully Network changes their minds and opens up the set for all regions!!!!

#92 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Network are UK company and won't be able to release region free blu-ray's as part of their contractual agreement with Granada International who own the rights to the ITC series.
A&E, who relaesed The Prisoner on blu-ray in the States, will no doubt be the company who will eventually give the ITC series a US relaese.

#93 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Having just watched some of the episodes on Retro-Action! volume 1, including Chain of Events, I can confirm that the quality is simply stunning!!!!

The image quality is so good you can now read posters in the background, names above shops, see bank logos, etc. They really are amazing!!!

#94 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Major news on The Persuaders! now on the TMA website.

http://www.itc-classics.com

#95 dutch_pepper

dutch_pepper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Major news on The Persuaders! now on the TMA website.

Maybe it is a good idea to include this interview on the special features section of the NetworkDVD Blu-Ray boxset.
You can try to contact them.

#96 Sharpe

Sharpe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

Would love to get these blu-ray sets (the retro-action ones) but don't have a region free blu-ray player...

Any way to 'acquire' these that would work in Aus? PM me if anyone does know.

#97 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Network are UK company and won't be able to release region free blu-ray's as part of their contractual agreement with Granada International who own the rights to the ITC series.
A&E, who relaesed The Prisoner on blu-ray in the States, will no doubt be the company who will eventually give the ITC series a US relaese.

I'm really wondering if the series will get a US release. A&E no longer has the sets available. I wonder if due to sales.

I imported the Network DVD set as it was such a cut above what A&E offered. A&E did not include any special features on their Persuaders! sets.

It's too bad again that Network doesn't just do a region free set.

I'm really not sure what I will do. I'd like to buy the series on blu ray, but not sure about having to buy a new player to do it.

Sux!

#98 dutch_pepper

dutch_pepper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm so glad I live in Europe!

BTW, We in Europe can't play the Never Say Never Again blu-ray because it's region A en locked. Why don't make the whole world the same region.

#99 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I was watching the Retro Action video on youtube and The Persuaders episode included, Chain of Events, looks quite different! In the scene where Danny and Brett swing the suitcase to knock out the gunman, a lot of mist can be seen in the background--I don't think I've noticed that on my old A&E dvds!

Also, can anyone confirm if the out-of-sync sound issues on Chain of Events has been fixed? You'll notice that the first fifteen minutes or so or a bit off. Thanks in advance.

#100 dutch_pepper

dutch_pepper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

The second Retr-Action trailer: .
Again it looks amazing!

#101 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

Any news on a release date for The Persuaders! complete series on blu ray? Network indicated on their site that the series will be out in 2011!!!

I saw that Sharp has a region free blu ray player. In addition, it seems the Oppo BDP-93 also can play Regions A, B and C. It's a bit more for that player, but I've had great luck with my Oppo DVD player. So that is maybe what I will end up doing so that I can get The Persuaders! on blu ray here in the US!

In addition, the Oppo BD can handle PAL DVD's from Region 2 as well. So I can still watch the other DVD sets I have imported from Network as well!

#102 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Just like buses... Another TMA web site update today!

More lost footage found...

There's a video on Youtube of Retro-Action Vol 3 and it looks great!!!!

Check out my somewhat peculiar review of Retro-Action volume 1 at:

#103 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the review and for including the screencaps, as well. Since you've actually watched Chain of Events, could you comment on whether the sound synch problem noticeable in the beginning of the episode has been fixed?

Never did hear from you on those Persuaders fan mags. :(

#104 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

Any news on a release date for The Persuaders complete series on blu ray? October 2011 maybe??

I'm trying to figure out when I'll need to pick up an Oppo blu ray player for the series.

#105 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'll be in London this August--that volcanic ash better be gone--and I hope to scope out some Persuaders locations, especially Brett's London flat--located at Queen Anne's Gate according to The Persuaders Locations site.

Here I am in front of Brett's flat in 2008.

Let me try this again: Here I am in front of Brett Sinclair's flat, August 9, 2010.

Attached Files

#106 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'll be in London this August--that volcanic ash better be gone--and I hope to scope out some Persuaders locations, especially Brett's London flat--located at Queen Anne's Gate according to The Persuaders Locations site.

Here I am in front of Brett's flat in 2008.

Let me try this again: Here I am in front of Brett Sinclair's flat, August 9, 2010.

Awesome!

#107 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Awesome!

To quote Felix Unger, I was "happy and peppy and bursting with love" at that moment. A Persuaders fan dream realized!

BTW, I had a great time in London; it's a fabulous city.

#108 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

Something I just realized is how The Persuaders! are really the live-action versions of long forgotten cartoon characters--they're never seen on TV anymore--Heckle and Jeckle! :D They were two magpies, one of whom was an Englishman and the other was a New Yorker type. I haven't seen a Heckle and Jeckle cartoon in thirty years!

#109 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Pretty huge and AWESOME news from Network today about The Persuaders!!!

http://www.networkdvd.net/index.php

http://www.networkdv...suaders&x=0&y=0

The Persuaders! series is coming to Region 2 UK blu ray in September!!!!!!!

Here's the trailer:

Yes!!

Will most likely be picking up an Oppo BDP-93 blu ray player here in the US so that I can watch them!!!

Keep up the good work Network!!

Looks like some nice new HD extras on the set. Really looking forward to this!!

#110 dutch_pepper

dutch_pepper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

They seem to have deleted the video, and re-uploaded the video again:

Great news, it's looks wonderful in HD. definite buy for me!

#111 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

They seem to have deleted the video, and re-uploaded the video again:

Great news, it's looks wonderful in HD. definite buy for me!

I noted it's locked to Region B. Trying to figure out what I need to do as far as blu ray hardware so I can import the set. I doubt A&E will issue the series on blu ray here. I hope I'm wrong. If they do I'm sure they will drop all of the wonderful Network extras.

I've tried contacting A&E Home Video but they do not respond to my emails. : (

#112 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

The Morning After was established in February/March 1991 as the official The Persuaders!/ITC Appreciation Society by the then copyright owners, the ITC Entertainment Group Ltd.

The society mainly concentrated on The Persuaders! in the club magazine, The Morning After but some issues were 'specials' dedicated to other ITC action-adventure series made in the 1960s and 70s such as The ChampionsMan In A SuitcaseDepartment S and The Baron

The Morning After Reprints 1 – 10 book reproduces the first 10 issues in their entirety. These issues have long been out of print and were printed in very small quantities. Original copies rarely turn up and now sell on auction sites for anything between £15 - £20 per issue.

The Morning After Reprints 1 – 10 will be the first of two books compiling the out-of-print back issues of TMA magazine - the second volume containing issues 11 - 18 and issues 1 and 2 of sister publication Nuisance Value will be available later in 2014.

More information including page count, sample spreads and cover price will follow shortly.

https://www.facebook...ngAfterReprints

#113 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

I got the The Persuaders blu ray box for my birthday and I watched the complete serie the last couple of weeks. Last weekend I also watched the disc with all the bonus stuff, which is realy great. There're even twenty minutes of an old Dutch TV program with legendary Dutch TV presenter Simon van Collum, which his funny poor English pronunciation.

What I didn't realy liked was the small picture format in which all 24 episodes are come. You couldn't blow it up to widescreen, which you normally can do.

Also the four movieversions, which contain two episodes, which you already have on the other discs, are quite unnecessary.

Edited by Grard Bond, 17 February 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#114 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Hi everyone,

A few things of interest for you on The Persuaders! - firstly my blog:

and secondly the TMA Reprints 1 - 10 book:
http://www.lulu.com/...t-21475079.html

cheers

Jaz

Edited by earl-of-marnock, 02 March 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#115 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

Lulu have given me a 15% discount on the book using the code FWD15 (use capitals!). I think this applies until the weekend.

#116 earl-of-marnock

earl-of-marnock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

TMA Reprints has 20% off through 31 March on Lulu using the discount code WAFFLESSAY20.
http://www.lulu.com/....-21475079.html

Just a quick note to say that there will NOT be an ebook version available.

#117 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

Any news on a US blu ray release of the series?

iTunes in HD would be a good way for them to go with the series as well.