63 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:55 AM

I made a promise to a few friends if i see any bond 23 news i'm postingb it here IMDB and mi6 just because this way u can read it and discuss it

"Tuesday, December 23, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOM O'CASEY DENIES [ Ronald Payne , Tom O'Casey , It's All 007 Bond ]

By Thornfield Productions, Ltd., 12-13-08
TOM O'CASEY DENIES

Tom O’Casey, one of the world’s greatest high-end fashion designers and producer of 2009’s highly anticipated adventure film, “BLOFELD," set to be filmed in London, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Hawaii and the Bahamas next year 'denied rumors today' that RONALD PAYNE, the author of the novels “SHADOWS IN THE SUN” and “THE DARK SIDE OF TWILIGHT” might be defecting to 'write a James Bond 007 movie entitled, “THE PROPERTY OF A LADY," replacing veteran 'James Bond film scribes 'NEAL PURVIS, ROBERT WADE and PAUL HAGGIS.'

The news that 'PAYNE' might be coming on board at 'Danjaq, LLC,' the holding company owned by the 'Broccoli family' that produces the 'James Bond films' starring DANIEL CRAIG, “came as a sudden jolt in Hollywood during mid-week," according to one SONY PICTURES executive, who wished to remain anonymous. “We know nothing of about 'Ronald Payne being signed to write BOND 23.' Insofar, as we know, 'no one has been officially contracted to write the next 007 feature, including Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and Paul Haggis.'

Tom O’Casey, on the otherhand, released this statement from his offices in Virginia: “Ronald Payne is one of America’s greatest writers. He is under exclusive contract to write “BLOFELD” and any writing he does in the future for producers 'Barbara Broccoli, Michael Wilson, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) or Sony Pictures regarding 'James Bond 007,' becomes a 'conflict of interest with my company,' if done before the release of my own film. Mr. Payne is being very well paid — in excess of $1million — to write “BLOFELD” and has signed an agreement that he will 'not write any screenplays that might undermine the success of “BLOFELD."

“After that, RON PAYNE (See www.spywise.net) is free to work for any motion picture company in Hollywood, including 'Eon Productions' and 'Barbara Broccoli.' There is a time frame in our agreement that states’Ronald Payne must agree to wait twelve (12) months after the release of the first DVD of 'BLOFELD,' before undertaking any 'similar motion picture project.'

“I can’t think of anyone more qualified or with more experience than 'Ronald Payne' for writing the next 'James Bond film,' but it must not interfere with my plans for “BLOFELD," which is going to be a “MONSTER SIZE HIT” in 2010, when it is released at Christmas.

Sony and MGM executives were alerted to the 'shocking rumors' of a 'new writer on board for Bond 23,' but no comment was the norm./ Ronald Payne, himself, said “he knew nothing about the announcement and was totally surprised."

Payne was a regular visitor in London to 'Eon Productions' in London, during the late 70s and 80s. In December 2004, he visited the 'Danjaq' offices of 'James Bond 007 at their 'Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer' (MGM) location on Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica, California.

“I was looking for a job with MGM at the worst possible time," Payne said. “Half the staff was moving downtown into new quarters at 'Century City' and the rest were getting laid-off, the same day I walked in. The people at 'Danjaq' were in the middle of a crisis, as PIERCE BROSNAN was no longer their 'JAMES BOND 007' and no one knew who was going to replace him. Everyone looked 'frantic' and in a 'true panic.' The Irish actor, COLLIN FARRELL, was on everyone’s lips. It was total chaos...I had bigger problems that day. Someone stole my car on 'Wilshire Boulevard' with everything I owned inside it and it’s never been seen since."

No feedback from SONY PICTURES or MGM. TOM O’CASEY remains on the alert as he prepares “BLOFELD” for the big screen next year. MORGAN FREEMAN rumored for the lead."

http://www.rottentom...l...ic&uc=32193

Not sure how true this all is but here u go

#2 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

Not sure what to make of all that. With the exception of THE PROPERTY OF A LADY reference which must be bogus. I hadn't even heard about this BLOFELD movie. Just read one article online describing it as "the latest Thunderball remake". Joy.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

Even if this outrageously absurd Blofeld rumor is true, Eon Productions isn't going to go anywhere near the screenwriter of a rogue Bond film.

#4 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

Like i said I joined this wonderfull site so I coukld enjoy the rumours to the fullest.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

Like i said I joined this wonderfull site so I coukld enjoy the rumours to the fullest.

There's nothing enjoyable about unfounded rumors.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

#6 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:20 AM

Highly anticipated Blofeld????????

First I have heard of it.

:(

#7 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

Highly anticipated Blofeld????????

First I have heard of it.

:(

First the internet has heard of it, too; Googling "Blofeld" doesn't get a single result remotely related to a film beyond the established franchise. Wikipedia has no updates on pages related to THUNDERBALL, NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN, Kevin McClory or the Legal Controvery Surrounding THUNDERBALL that suggest a remake is in the works. Nor is there anything on Tom O'Casey; for one of the world's most prolifiv high-end fashion designers, he is conspicuously absent from the internet except for this article. Likewise, Amazon.com have no listings of any of those titles by Ronald Payne; THE DARK SIDE OF TWILIGHT is indeed there, but it is by someone named Jean Lasell. In fact, the ONLY recurring subject by the Ronald Payne listed on Amazon is Israel and the Mossad.

Besides, if there really was a rival James Bond film in the works, we'd know about it. We're a James Bond forum! And everything that CB.n misses is generally picked up by MI6. Therefore, I can only conclude that this is as bogus as those persistent Shilpa Shetty rumours. I'd say this Ronald Payne character either has a new book on Israel-Gaza coming out or considers himself an expert on the subject, but wants people to pay attention to him.

Take this sick dog out behind the shed and put a bullet to it.

#8 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

Even though this is quite clearly BS, the idea of a rogue "BLOFELD" movie does tickle my fancy a bit. Imagine a Bond movie told from the point of view of a villain?

#9 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

Sounds like a bit of a publicity stunt.

Anyway, aren't all the Thunderball rights in-house now? I thought it had all been cleared up...

#10 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

Even though this is quite clearly BS, the idea of a rogue "BLOFELD" movie does tickle my fancy a bit. Imagine a Bond movie told from the point of view of a villain?

Was there ever a man more misunderstood?

#11 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Blofeld???? Did anyone mention Blofeld???? Long live Blofeld!!!!! :(

#12 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

And It begins! :(

#13 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

Sounds like a bit of a publicity stunt.

Anyway, aren't all the Thunderball rights in-house now? I thought it had all been cleared up...

They might be but it's only a pretty recent thing. I don't think EON will want to go near it with a bargepole any time soon, if at all.

#14 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

#Blofeld!
Be kind to Blofeld!
He's kind to kids.
Replaces lids
On jars

Blofeld!
Unhappy Blofeld!
Beyond the scar
Is a superstar
Of love

He only wants to be your friend.
OK, and bring civilisation to an end.
But he does it with such a cheeky grin
Oh mister, can't you find a warm place in
Your heart for

(Key change)

Blofeld!
So complex Blofeld!
He only wants your love
And fanatical devotion, loyalty and fear; bring your own orange jumpsuit and hardhat.

It's not too much to ask
It's not too much to ask
It's not too much to ask

Is it?

Blofeld!
A man called Blofeld
Although he'd rather be
To you and me
Bleauchamp!

A count called Bleauchamp!#

PLOT: Loveable rogue Ernie Blofeld simply cannot help getting into scrapes involving the annihilation of all humanity. Laugh! as, when washing the car, he nukes Iran with a stolen American missile. Cry! as his loving relationship with his faithful secretary comes to a bittersweet end when he exterminates her with a death ray made of pirhanas and old ham. Get positively wet between the legs! as the weekly shopping trip to Morrisons turns into a big battle involving all sorts of expendable nameless henchmen screaming "Aieee!". Smile, knowingly! as he accepts all these inept calamaties with a happy-go-lucky shrug and his blaming of everyone but himself.

Directed by Mike Leigh. Carpets by Bono.

#15 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

Imagine a Bond movie told from the point of view of a villain?

Sounds a terrific idea and hopefully one that Eon will entertain for BOND 23. :(

#16 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

#Blofeld!
Be kind to Blofeld!
He's kind to kids.
Replaces lids
On jars

Blofeld!
Unhappy Blofeld!
Beyond the scar
Is a superstar
Of love

Your heart for

(Key change)

Blofeld!
So complex Blofeld!
He only wants your love
And fanatical devotion, loyalty and fear; bring your own orange jumpsuit and hardhat.

It's not too much to ask
It's not too much to ask
It's not too much to ask

Is it?

Blofeld!
A man called Blofeld
Although he'd rather be
To you and me
Bleauchamp!

PLOT: Loveable rogue Ernie Blofeld simply cannot help getting into scrapes involving the annihilation of all humanity. Laugh! as, when washing the car, he nukes Iran with a stolen American missile. Cry! as his loving relationship with his faithful secretary comes to a bittersweet end when he exterminates her with a death ray made of pirhanas and old ham. Get positively wet between the legs! as the weekly shopping trip to Morrisons turns into a big battle involving all sorts of expendable nameless henchmen screaming "Aieee!". Smile, knowingly! as he accepts all these inept calamaties with a happy-go-lucky shrug and his blaming of everyone but himself.

Presumably it'll be reported as fact in tomorrow's Sun that Amy Winehouse is already in the studio recording that theme song...

#17 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

#Blofeld!
Be kind to Blofeld!
He's kind to kids.
Replaces lids
On jars

Blofeld!
Unhappy Blofeld!
Beyond the scar
Is a superstar
Of love

Your heart for

(Key change)

Blofeld!
So complex Blofeld!
He only wants your love

It's not too much to ask
It's not too much to ask
It's not too much to ask

Is it?

Blofeld!
A man called Blofeld
Although he'd rather be
To you and me
Bleauchamp!

Presumably it'll be reported as fact in tomorrow's Sun that Amy Winehouse is already in the studio recording that theme song...

She already has. It is to be a cover of a Benny Hill classic...

"Ernie...and he launched the deadliest H-bomb in the West...!"

#18 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

Yay rumours *sigh*

#19 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

I assume Pierce Brosnan is being rumored to play Bond in Blofeld

#20 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

See it's fun sure it's bs but it's fun rember the twins rumour for bond 22 :(

Did anyone actually think the olsen twins were gonna be bond girls?

#21 Col. Sun

Col. Sun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

We all know it's complete tosh!

But Bond 23 rumours have to start off somewhere.

Here we go!!!!

#22 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

one thing i want to point out, If you look at bond 22 rumours Risico and the property of a lady were heavidly rumoured for title and we got the shock of Quantum of Solace. I wonder if EON is planing to do the same thing twice and leak say The Hildebrand Rarity and Property of a lady to distract our attention from Risico. I'm not saying that is what they are doing I'm just saying it's possible.

As for bring this Ron payne in Maybe I mean we all know that there is the strong possibility of new writership Personaly i want MGW behind the computer to at least devlop the sotry when he is on we get For your eyes only The living daylights and licence to kill. Personnaly i'd love MGW to take some bits and peice from fleming work out a cool new story involving quantum from those bits and give it to us with a great fleming title.

to sum up i'd have MGW come up with the story and possibly rough draft and have Haggis either finnish it or if this payne fellow is good have him finnish it with haggis as a doctor once again.

#23 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

Personaly i want MGW behind the computer to at least devlop the sotry when he is on we get For your eyes only The living daylights and licence to kill.

You forgot Octopussy and AVTAK

#24 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Personaly i want MGW behind the computer to at least devlop the sotry when he is on we get For your eyes only The living daylights and licence to kill.

You forgot Octopussy and AVTAK

Octopussy is ok and AVTAK well I'm going to put it this way I love all the bond films but there has to be a least favourite and AVTAK and Die Another Day fit that catagory. Like i said i'll watch them and enjoy them.

so when MGW is at the top of his game though we get FYEO (moore's best film) and TLD and LTK (two classic entries)

#25 MicroGlobeOne

MicroGlobeOne

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Imagine a Bond movie told from the point of view of a villain?

Sounds a terrific idea and hopefully one that Eon will entertain for BOND 23. :(

Of course, I've always entertained the idea of a daring, innovative attempt at adapting Fleming's The Spy Who Loved Me, the only story to be told from the point of view of the heroine, but that's probably just me...

I suppose either idea, in execution, would be badly received by film-going audiences at large regardless of its strengths.

#26 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Ronald Payne is a real person and a huge Bond fan. He has tried for many years to get involved with Eon or with the late Kevin McClory, whom he befriended. Payne wanted to work with McClory on the defunct WARHEAD 2000 film, which Sony Pictures was a part of until the lawsuits in the late 90s.

Payne has said that he wanted to see Sean Connery back as Bond and George Lazenby in the role as 'anti-Bond' Count Lippe. A major fight would evolve between them and lines like "You were always a thorn in my side for many years Bond" would exchange. This idea was bounced off of Kevin McClory's son, who apparently was, at first, interested.

I have spoken personally with Ronald on the phone and he is a very nice fellow. He owns the rights to the O.F. Snelling book "OO7: James Bond - A Report" which was originally published in 1964. I don't know of his own publications, but he is a published author of a book called THE DARKSIDE OF TWILIGHT.

He has told me that he wants so much to make a James Bond film. I have only told him to be careful because the lawyers at Eon Productions certainly will not tolerate a rogue James Bond film when they own the cinematic rights to the character.

Tom O'Casey is a person I know very little about. The claim is that he is one of the world’s greatest high-end fashion designers, yet I cannot find any info about him on the web. Curious.

#27 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

Ronald Payne is a real person and a huge Bond fan. He has tried for many years to get involved with Eon or with the late Kevin McClory, whom he befriended. Payne wanted to work with McClory on the defunct WARHEAD 2000 film, which Sony Pictures was a part of until the lawsuits in the late 90s.

Payne has said that he wanted to see Sean Connery back as Bond and George Lazenby in the role as 'anti-Bond' Count Lippe. A major fight would evolve between them and lines like "You were always a thorn in my side for many years Bond" would exchange. This idea was bounced off of Kevin McClory's son, who apparently was, at first, interested.

I have spoken personally with Ronald on the phone and he is a very nice fellow. He owns the rights to the O.F. Snelling book "OO7: James Bond - A Report" which was originally published in 1964. I don't know of his own publications, but he is a published author of a book called THE DARKSIDE OF TWILIGHT.

He has told me that he wants so much to make a James Bond film. I have only told him to be careful because the lawyers at Eon Productions certainly will not tolerate a rogue James Bond film when they own the cinematic rights to the character.

Oh, okay. In other words, it ain't going to happen... Next rumour, please...!

#28 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

Well, never say never. But apparently O'Casey owns the rights to the Blofeld character which he allegedly inherited from the McClory estate. That is what I have surmised from one email I received from Payne's consulting agent, Brenda Wise.

But do take this with a grain of salt, I cannot imagine anyone attempting to do a rogue Bond film with the armies of lawyers behind Eon Produtions. It is the equivalent of hang gliding off a cliff with cement shoes.

#29 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

The following is a press release emailed to me on October 22, 2008.

By 21st Century Artists Film Corporation and B. A. Wise Consulting Services, 10-20-2008

TOM O'CASEY WILL PRODUCE 'BLOFELD' IN 2010. JAMES BOND PRODUCERS FACE A SECOND CHALLENGE BASED UPON McCLORY’S SCRIPTS.

Tom O’Casey, the ever elusive 'high fashion accessories designer and manufacturer,' says he will produce “BLOFELD," based upon the screenplay and screen treatments created by the late Irish producer, 'Kevin McClory' sometime next year for a 2010 release by one of Hollywood’s oldest and greatest studios. It is rumored that both 'Paramount' and 'Universal' may be involved, but no word out, just yet, from O’Casey, who first saw the original treatments by 'Kevin McClory, British screen writer, 'Jack Whittingham' and James Bond 007 creator, Ian Fleming, early last year, while visiting Amsterdam.

These same treatments became the basis for the James Bond 007 films, “Thunderball” and “Never Say Never Again," both of which starred Sean Connery in the signature role he made famous.

In 1998, Kevin McClory, in association with 'Sony Pictures,' attempted a second series of James Bond films outside of the 'Official' series produced by 'Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer' and Danjaq, LLC, a company owned by the family of the late 'Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli. Broccoli’s daughter, Barbara and stepson, Michael Wilson are the producers of the forthcoming 007 film, “Quantum of Solace," which will star Daniel Craig in his second outing as the secret agent with the license to kill. That film is being released through 'Sony Pictures,' in association with MGM.

Tom O’Casey plans to 'pick-up' where Kevin McClory left off. In 1999, a Court Ruling in Los Angeles prevented producer 'McClory' from making any more James Bond films.

It was widely believed McClory had lost all rights to use the characters 'James Bond 007, Moneypenny, Felix Leiter, M, etc.,' but according to the confident O’Casey, “These rights are still available to me and they will be enforced in the United States and the rest of the world. I am not afraid of the legal consequences that might be incurred from the Broccoli family and Sony Pictures."

O’Casey states, “Kevin McClory never signed off on James Bond and his rights to any court. Even the producers of the official Bond series stated in 2004 that McClory 'might have the right to produce a James Bond film in Australia ,' with their belief it could not be released in the United States market."

Tom O’Casey says he is looking at the resumes of more than 100 actors, who might become his James Bond 007. “I would be delighted to use 'Colin Farrel as 007,' but would prefer a total unknown, just as 'Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli' did with Connery back in 1962. I want a rugged Bond — a harking back to when Connery bent a poker around his assailant’s neck in 'Thunderball.' That was great. Sean Connery will always be Bond to me."/ The O’Casey agenda includes 'a four picture deal,' which still remains to be signed, though; at least two major studios say they are ready to commit $250,000,000 to O’Casey films. O’Casey plans to film, 'BLOFELD,' (2.) 'WARHEAD,' (3.) 'SPECTRE' (4.) 'JAMES BOND OF THE SECRET SERVICE,' back to back in such diverse locations as the ' Bahamas , Bermuda , Jamaica , Hawaii and Japan .'

“I wasn’t crazy about 'Never Say Never Again,'" O’Casey said Tuesday. “It suffered from a terrible jazz score by Michel LeGrand and the direction was abysmal. BLOFELD will be a rich blend of Technicolor imagination, a wonderful relationship between Bond and Moneypenny — -a harking back to the early days of Sean Connery and Lois Maxwell in 'Dr. No' and 'From Russia, with Love.' "

O’Casey also says he is toying with the idea of casting one of the former Bonds in the title role. “It won’t be Sean," O’Casey said, “he’s retired and perfectly happy to remain that way."

No word from the producers of the 'Official Bond series,' yet, but Hollywood is already buzzing with the news. O’Casey is currently in London .

For more ‘O’Casey’ and “JAMES BOND” information visit: http://rottentomatoe...awiseconsulting

#30 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Well, never say never. But apparently O'Casey owns the rights to the Blofeld character which he allegedly inherited from the McClory estate. That is what I have surmised from one email I received from Payne's consulting agent, Brenda Wise.

But do take this with a grain of salt, I cannot imagine anyone attempting to do a rogue Bond film with the armies of lawyers behind Eon Produtions. It is the equivalent of hang gliding off a cliff with cement shoes.

It does not even need an "army of lawyers". This is an increasingly defunct story, but it amusing to see it kill itself just that bit more with every turn of logic, real insight and the perfect example of why a phrase like "never say never" is actually not a Get Out Of Jail Card for every rumour circling the world of James Bond.