This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Could Mr white be a main villian for bond 23?

36 replies to this topic

#31 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

I'm 100% in favor of Mr. White returning in whatever capacity. The fact that he was so involved with Le Chiffre's field operations in CR makes me think he's not the top guy (as does his referring to Quantum as "they" before he shoots Le C). But he'd be a great major adversary. He really conveyed a huge amount of characterization in, what, half a dozen lines in the QoS interrogation scene? What a presence!

Not so crazy about the unwittingly-doing-Quantum's-bidding storyline, only because we've had two bittersweet endings in a row, and I'm ready for a plain old Bond victory in B23.

#32 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

I have often wondered if Mr. White will turn out to be the head of Quantum. Part of me thinks that the Bond producers/writers might follow the same kind of path that the TV series Lost took a few seasons ago. The good guys capture and imprison someone who they think is a bad guy; he manages to get free and it then turns out that he is THE bad guy - Ben, the leader of the 'others'.

I think it would be kind of cool if that happened with Mr. White...captured, escapes and it is then revealed in Bond 23 that he is the head of Quantum.

#33 havok_007

havok_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

Scrap Mr White, bring him back maybe in bond 24 as a small surprise role.
Bond 23 needs new fresh villains, fresh story.

Some good villains or henchmen would be Kevin McKidd and Gerard Butler, the two scotsmen, SAS turned nasty.

#34 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

i'm suprised (shocked is better word) no one asked the actor playing Mr whtie or guy haines if they were coming back for bond 23.

#35 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

The man cant take a bullet without crying, so I dont think he is hard enough to be a main villian. B)

Joking aside, I dont want to see him in more Bond films. The thought of him in more is quite boring. Dont get me wrong I liked him in CR and QOS. I just dont want to see him in more.

#36 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

I think Mr White is a great choice. But I think that as usual, they're going to pick someone new for the main villain, while allowing minor characters to return, but still in a minor role.

#37 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

perhaps both will be Haines and White will be back in minor roles.