553 replies to this topic

#211 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

Have shown what I've done so far to a friend - and initial responses are good :D

#212 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

Posted Image

The teaser cover of how Charm the Devil might have looked during Fleming's time :)

Hope nobody minds me posting a beat of a tease. Just having fun.

H

#213 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

I thoroughly enjoy a little bit of teasing, Harry - especially when it's things like that :D

#214 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Nice Harry...Very nice. :tup:

I've spent part of my evening proofing the rather brutal hand-to-hand parts. Joyce, John and Matt deliver the goods, but take some in return.

I'm now getting into Gala's earning of her Double-O status. There will be a wrap up at the end on Christmas eve. It might even bring a tear to your eye.

Yeah, fun stuff.

Cheers all.

#215 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Bryce teased the [censored] out of me by reading me a few paragraphs from his upcoming story. Yes, folks, fun will be had.

I, as said before, will be going back to Bleaktown. I'm writing a sequel to my 2008 Christmas story, "Dreaming Of". This one will be titled "A Right Christmas".

:)

#216 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

Big fun and a sentimental ending.

Bleak is fine my dear, but I thought Joyce needed one happy Christmas.

Gala's bit came out great. Swift and deadly.

I may kick off a new thread for this year's tales of legend and lore.

Not that there is anything wrong with this thread, but just to keep it fresh.

Anyway, looking forward to the balance and some creative bits from all.

Mine is running long so it may require two Vespers, Pints, Martinis or scotches to get through it.

The title of mine may change.

Cheers all and over the hill we go!

#217 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

I'd really like to take part in this challenge, but I'm a bit short on ideas.
I re-read The Knife Before Christmas this week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite got me in the festive spirit! (ok, so that's actually slightly weird and a bit worrying)
If I do put digits to keyboard, I'll only post a very short story, just waiting for the inspiration to strike.

#218 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

I know the feeling man.

If you get a "notion in your 'noggin"

Go with it.

Cheers!

#219 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:31 AM

Done!

just proofing and tweaking a few bits here and there.

Joyce - lovely to talk to you and your approval of a few details. I hope you've recovered from laughing so much. ;)

Yes, it's classic Joyce, John and Matt. The Gala part is fun too, but a bit dark. It's not easy to make Double-O status.

Fun ending though.

Cheers!

#220 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Well...

Some spies can't wait until Christmas.

Ready for some fun with four Double-O's?

No...Really?

Take a few minutes, mix a Vesper, lock the doors and tell everyone else to piss off.

Here it comes...

Happy Christmas.

From L.A. with love.

;)

NOT QUITE A HOLIDAY

The croupier announced that all players would be afforded a ninety minute break and that then the gaming would continue.

Joyce nodded to all the ladies at the bridge table and moved towards the cashier’s desk to collect her current winnings. Across the room at the Blackjack table, Bryce and Matt did the same. Gala Brand offered a curt nod from the bar to Bryce.

Both men entered the two bedroom suite. Once inside, they quickly were made aware that they were not alone.

Two large chaps moved from behind the wet bar in the living room area and both with leveled Sig Sauer 9mm’s. The P-226 model thought Bryce.

Another thug moved from the half-bath off the foyer equally armed.

The sultry voice of Diana, the Countess’s executive assistant, came from the balcony.

“Hello boys…Let’s wait for Miss Carrington, but while we do, I, and these gentlemen, would appreciate it if you would both – and very slowly – place your weapons, all of them, on the table. That includes your tactical baton Mister O’Shawnassey and both of your knives Mister Bryce.

“Somebody’s done their homework.” Bryce shrugged.

“Maybe you need a better tailor.” was Matt’s response.

“You’re just being mean.” Bryce, slowly and with two fingers, placed his Browning and the two Gerber knives – one kept on his right calf and the other on his left forearm - along side his pistol. Matt followed suit with his ASP baton and then his Beretta 92-F and the PPK from his right hip.

She held a silenced Colt .45 at her hip. “Don’t play me for a fool. I said ‘ALL of your weapons’ – If you don’t mind?”

Looking to each other, they both let out a mutual sigh and then proceeded to empty their pockets. Matt set down a classic derringer, Bryce a pair of shuriken stars, both produced seemingly ordinary pens, notecases, cigarette cases, lighters, additional clips, another pistol from Bryce – a small Victorian four barreled derringer along with his own PPK from his left ankle - and then from Matt a three inch thrust knife from behind the right lapel of his dinner jacket and both their mobiles.

“My word, it’s a wonder you gentlemen don’t make a clank sound when you walk. As to you Mister Bryce, I see nothing wrong in the tailoring of your attire.”

“See…A lady knows.”

Matt gave him the finger and stuck his tongue out. Two of the thugs snickered. Diana glared at them briefly and both ceased and maintained their stance.

“Well, I guess we know who wears the penis in this family.”

“It’s always the quiet ones.”

Diana stepped forward; “Enough banter lads…”

The door then clicked. Diana retreated back to the balcony and the thugs to their places. With that, Joyce entered with two thick stacks of cash. She smiled.

“I never would have thought learning bridge from Grandmother would have been so profitable.” She was about to speak again when she noticed two things.

- Neither were holding a drink

- All their weapons and various items were on the table.

She paused and, skilled as she was, glanced behind as the man stepped from the bath. The two from the bar moved up and Diana stepped back in.

“Nice of you to join us Miss Carrington.”

She sized up the scene. Bryce and Matt were near the suite’s wet bar. Diana stood by the sliding glass door to the balcony.

In the many assignments the three of them had taken on over the years together, there were two tactics they knew of each other. Body language and dialogue when confronted.

“Now Miss Carrington, would you please set down the cash and then place your weapons, along with the gentlemen’s, on the table? It’s in your best interest.”

Bryce flicked his eyes and then added; “She just jealous. Your dress fits better than the knock-off she’s wearing.”

Diana shot an evil stare. “Please.”

Matt jumped in also; “She did say the ‘magic word’.” Joyce crossed to the table and set down the two one thousand stacks of Euro’s. Yes, the bitch was close enough. She then, very slowly opened her clutch bag and emptied it onto the table.

A pen, lipstick, mascara, a compact, her mobile, two credit cards. She paused, again looking about before reaching up under her Versace dress to her left thigh and placing the PPK along side.

“Very good…and the knife on the inside of your right thigh…Please?”

Joyce did so but gave Diana a stare that would chill a penguin.

“So, you can follow orders unlike what I’ve read of you.”

“Tell me…Does the Countess know you’ve been screwing her own boy for the last year? Aren’t you a bit old for him? I mean, there are laws. He’s not even eighteen.”

Matt saw the fire in Diana’s eyes. Yeah, that was Joyce. Right to the jugular.

“I’m personally offended and shocked.” Bryce shook his head. “I thought you were an honorable sort of girl.”

“Enough!” She was close to losing it. Matt gestured to the bar; “Well, if not a cigarette and a blindfold, the least we could have is some scotch.”

Bryce shifted as he moved to the corner. “A bit of ice and a splash of water for me.”

Both the goons trained their weapons on the two. The third held his position. They stepped back but it gained Bryce another movement into the corner. He was facing the room and all six. He put his arms to his side and felt under the right of his jacket at the bottom of the panel.

Not unlike a key ring flash light – flat and smooth – it was there and far more than that. He palmed it and placed his thumb. He made the comment in a casual fashion.

“Since you put it that way.”

He brought it up in a simple slow move and both Joyce and Matt brought their arms up as did Bryce with his left arm across his across his brow and eyes clenched shut as he pressed the button.

The device was modified by the Quartermaster’s division. When deployed, it didn’t just produce a small light. The one million candlelight flash would burn for two seconds. Modeled after the CCS security torch, the smaller delivered a similar effect. Blinding hot white light.

Diana screamed and the men grunted. Knowing Bryce’s key phrase, Matt and Joyce had readied themselves. With all four disorientated, they moved.

The big one at the bar was Bryce’s first target. Matt threw a knee into the second one while gripping him by the hair and slamming his head down on the bar and then leapt onto the third. Joyce slipped off her Jimmy Choo flats and took two strides stepping up on the sofa and launching herself at the girl.

As she came at her, Diana let off a round. Joyce felt a hot stinging sensation on the outside of her left upper arm but charged into her driving her out to the balcony. She caught her gun hand by the wrist and slammed it against the railing. The Colt went away to the sea. Diana brought up her left knee to Joyce’s side and then gripped her now bleeding arm. She winced and snapped her head forward and felt the nose give. Taking her raised knee from the back, she flung her over the rail. There was an ugly clang noise as she dropped to the Mediterranean with her head having hit the railing on a similar balcony two floors below as she fell.

Bryce did a step kick to the big man’s chest and hammered him with a right cross and then brought it again with the back of his hand followed by a left upper-cut.

It was like hitting a tree. He barely reeled and then kicked back hitting Bryce directly in the crotch and bringing his knee up under 003’s chin. He launched a back-spin kick which connected under Bryce’s right arm sending him crashing against the wall.

In the foyer, Matt was with the other bastard. He gripped the man’s hand and thumbed the safety and then swung around behind him. Trying to fire and not being able to, he lashed back catching O’Shawnasessy across the jaw with the butt of the gun. He seized the arm again with the taste of blood in his mouth and brought it down over his right knee sending the pistol to the floor.

Game on. He reached around the man’s torso with his left hand from behind and gripped his right shoulder from the front. His right hand caught him under the jaw.

He tore violently in opposite directions snapping the little prick’s neck in an instant. The figure slumped at his feet. He turned back to the room. Joyce was moving back in from the balcony with blood covering her left arm.

Matt took the big man from behind as Bryce got to his feet. Bracing himself on the bar, he returned the crotch blow to the thug and Joyce, with her good arm, snatched up Matt’s ASP baton and snapped it out.

She swatted him heavily across his windpipe. Matt released his grip and the man, making no noise, pitched forward onto the floor clutching at his throat.

All three stood over him just to watch him die. The smallest of the three was still on the floor groaning. Bryce slowly picked up one of his knives. He paused and then hurled it directly into the man’s chest. He gasped before collapsing.

Matt moved around to the bar; “Four for four…Where’s the girl?”

Joyce, still holding her bloodied arm, smiled; “Taking a swim.” She dropped onto the sofa.

It had all happened in less than ninety seconds from the flash.

Bryce took Joyce by her right arm and pulled her to her feet wincing himself as he did.

“Owwww! Wanker!”

“We don’t need you bleeding on the furniture.” Undoing his bow tie, he took it and Joyce’s arm.

“This is going to suck, so suck it up.” He tied off the wound and Joyce cried out but grit her teeth. He kissed her brow. “Sorry luv. Now, you’re not going to being wearing a blood stained dress back down to the event. Go get into your shower, turn on the water and take the dress off in there. We’ll take a look at this in a minute.”

He glanced at his Rolex. “We’ve got just a bit more than an hour to get ourselves cleaned up and these blokes anywhere but here.” He glanced to the balcony. It was a moonless night and rain was beginning to fall. Good.

Still favoring his right side he went to his briefcase. Deactivating the safety system, he opened it and grabbed a single cigar humidor tube and then moved back out.

“Hardly the time for one of your Cuban’s” Bryce continued to the balcony. “I’m going to take a look, not a smoke. Get yourself in the shower.”

He was right. This was covert urban combat. It made sense. She wandered off into her bedroom and the shower stall.

Outside, Bryce opened the end of the tube and then popped open the other end. He raised it to his eye. A small compact night vision telescope. He adjusted the range and enhancement. Checking the current through the heavy rain, he spotted the figure and the silver mini dress. She was face down and the body had drifted into the sea. She wasn't moving. Slowly, it would sink. He closed up the device and came back into the room. His ribs hurt.

Matt was standing over at the wet bar rubbing his jaw and then spat into the sink. There was a clank. Bryce moved towards him. The water was bloody.

“Did he actually get a tooth?”

“No…Just an old filling….I’m going to need a dentist.” Matt sipped again from the bottle of Evian and rinsed again. Less red and more pinkish this time. Bryce wheezed and put his weight on the bar. Matt came around.

“Broken?”

“I don’t think so…I know the feeling. Cracked possibly. Right side.”

“Right then…You know what I have to do…Here..”

He helped Bryce out of his dinner jacket and undid his scabbard holster. Then, gingerly, took his friend by the wrist and elbow and raised it. Bryce cringed, but let him continue taking slow deep breaths. He probed the rib cage. At the third rib, Bryce nearly buckled and swore. Matt apologized and Bryce just shook his head.

“Okay…The third is cracked, the fourth bruised. Can you get a breath? Coughing up any blood?”

“Yes and no.”

“I’ve got the wrap bandages. I’ll tape you up.”

“Thanks, after you do my turn, we need to check on our girl.”

Back on the table and stepping over the bodies, Bryce retrieved his Swiss army belt clip scabbard and the mini mag-lite. He moved back over to Matt.

“Open up.”

Matt did so even with his jaw aching and Bryce aimed the light in. After a moment he offered his take.

“The filling is, obviously, gone. Your cheeks cut up, but you won’t need stitches. If you’re not in any pain from the tooth, you can wait until we get back to London. Just my opinion, but we can always come up with a tourist excuse if you feel we need one sooner. Now, tape me up and see to Joyce. Get your kit. The clock’s ticking. I’ll grab our fresh shirts, jackets and a new tie for me and call the maid.”

Joyce stood in the shower and undid the halter tie at her neck. Her left arm was numb. There was a soft tap on the shower door. Matt stood gazing at her with the dress half about her waist in the strapless satin bra.

“Hello. I’m Doctor Matt. I’m a specıalıst in treating wet half naked girls with gunshot wounds. Should I come in, or would you prefer to come out?”

She couldn’t help but smile. She slowly slid out of the dress and then stepped out in her soaked lingerie. Matt handed her a towel which she wrapped herself in. Bryce came into the bathroom with three small bottles of vodka from the mini bar. He wore only his slacks and a snug ace bandage around his torso.

“I’m Doctor Matt’s attending nurse. I brought anesthetic.”

Joyce giggled but looked to 003. “Are you alright?”

He shrugged “Nothing a few weeks in the Bahamas couldn’t cure. I’m fine luv. Sore, but fine. The Doc took care of me. Now, let’s worry about you.”

Matt slowly untied Bryce’s tie. He turned to his kit. Every double-o was issued an immediate first-aid kit and also given an instruction course in field medical care. With their mutual military training, Joyce in the army, Bryce navy and Matt in the RAF, the three of them could probably perform open heart surgery.

It was a deep graze and Matt pulled out two five ml. syringes. The first was a local pain killer and the second a powerful antibiotic. Within a minute, the pain had vanished and Matt had her slowly flex her arm.

“Hold it like that.” He then opened a packet with a suture needle already threaded. It took two stitches which he then added a small amount of clotting agent along with an antibiotic cream and lastly an adhesive bandage.

“That should do it, but you’ll need another dress and clearly some dry lingerie…although I rather like your look now.”

Joyce narrowed her eyes; “Fine, you can borrow these anytime or would you like me to buy you something from Victoria’s online?”

“As long as it’s crotchless and not too snug. I prefer red over black.”

Both broke into a laugh. Joyce leaned forward and thanked him and gave him a gentle kiss and thanked him again. Matt smiled and then left. She took the three vodka’s and poured them into a glass by the sink. Letting the towel drop, she took the glass and swallowed the entire contents in three gulps and steadied herself staring into the mirror.

Still soaking in her drenched bra and panties with her arm bandaged, she gave herself a long look at the eyes reflected. Mistakes and regrets were many but it was the duty of the job.

Get on with it girl.

She crossed to the closet and removed the hanging garment bag. She shut the door and slipped out of her drenched undergarments and toweled herself off.

In the living room, the door clicked and a voice announced “Housekeeping…Turn down service.”

Bryce froze at the bar and had his PPK raised.

Gala Brand, in a hotel maid’s uniform, pushed in a large laundry cart.

“Christ Gala…Damn near gave me a heart attack. Nice timing though.”

She smiled but then saw the three bodies. “My God….Bryce….What the hell happened?”

“Uninvited guests. We searched these bastards after patching up Joyce. She’s changing and we’ve got less than forty minutes. Matt and I will help you load them in. They’re clean. Ditch them and then get back to the event. He’ll go with you.”

“Is she alright?”

“Yes…Now let’s tend to this.”

Matt entered and greeted Gala and then all three loaded them into the basket. He had changed into a fresh shirt and jacket and replaced all his items from the table. They agreed to meet at the bar in twenty minutes. With that, Gala had pushed the cart out of the room and Matt followed after a minute behind her. They took the service elevator to the basement.

Once down below, both had moved the bodies to a nearby construction site. As they strolled back to the casino, Gala had paused and removed her maid’s attire revealing the short grey Halston mini-dress and her lovely legs. She took Matt’s arm through the square staying under the cover of the various hotel's awnings to avoid the rain.

“Nicely done 005.” Matt smiled at her.

“Thank you 004…please though…call me Gala.”

“As long as you address me as Matt.” Gala smiled and then lost herself in the flashback to Melbourne. The confrontation with the arms dealer. His snide remarks and the attempt to kill her before discovering she had already removed the firing pin from his gun. The second kill. Her chiding remark as she put away her vintage silenced Luger.

“A girl does what she must.”

She came out of her daze. Matt was looking at her. “It’s fine to get lost in your head in this job, just don’t stay there.”

“Sage advice. Thank you Matt.”

Back in the suite, Bryce squared his tie and adjusted his cuffs in the mirror. He was taking a last long pull from the heavy scotch he had poured himself when he heard the sigh behind him.

“My hero, well, one of them.” Joyce stood in the doorway in a beautiful blue velvet dress with sleeves to the elbows and her hair was down, parted on the left and swept over her shoulders. She was radiant and hardly looked like a girl who had, fifteen minutes before, been sitting on a sink having a bullet wound stitched up.

“You clean up very well…Am I good to go?”

She looked him over. He had switched from his Brioni to the Dunhill tuxedo jacket and slacks and a fresh pleated shirt. Yes, he’d be just fine if he wasn’t immediately flocked by women.

“You’ll do. Shall we?”

With that, Bryce took her arm and both returned to the casino.

LONDON – December 21st

The Admiral had reviewed their individual reports. Yes, the money raised at the Countess’s event had gone directly to a Swiss bank behind the Somali actions and the three had managed to walk away with just over twenty thousand Euros. The message had been sent. MI6 were on to them and that was the point.

After filing their “after action” reports, the three had done the required medical and psychological evaluations. Brand had only been required to file her report.

Joyce sat up from the table and adjusted her blouse.

Dr. Molly Warmflash scanned a chart. She smiled at Joyce.

“Nice job by O’Shawnassey. Good stitching. Proper treatment. No infection. You shouldn’t have much scarring. If you do, we can do some work with the new laser system.”

“I’d prefer you didn’t.”

She turned and gestured to the two X-rays. One was a man’s torso the other a profile of a skull.

“Matt’s new filling is fine and Bryce’s ribs are healing up well. Between the two of them, they’ve both got enough scar tissue for an entire regiment.”

Gala entered the room with a small box.

“Sorry…Are you done here Molly?”

“Quite. She’ll be fine.”

She stepped towards Joyce as she slid off the table and presented the box. It was from Harrods.

“This is from Athena, Loelila and me. It’s been known to cure all. Crappy men, Crappy weather and a crappy time of the month…and gunshot wounds.”

Joyce chuckled and opened the parcel. A dozen of the finest chocolate dipped cheeries stared back at her. Gala snatched one up and popped it in her mouth.

“Almost better than sex. You up for a drink?”

“I’d rather just be at home.”

“I won’t force it, but if you’d like some company, I’ll spring for order in or take out.”

“The best Chinese I ever had was with the boys in Paris on a rainy afternoon.”

“Chinese it is. John..er…Bryce’s knowledge of Asian food is top notch.”

“I read the Japan debrief. You saved his life. Was there more to it than that?”

Gala blushed and Joyce offered a smile. “You might just be what he needs. Don’t think you were just what he needed.”

Over an hour later, they entered Joyce’s flat just off Hyde Park gardens. Sitting with a bow was a bottle of Glenlivet 25 on the coffee table. The note attached read: “Happy Christmas. Take care of that arm. J&M”

Gala moved into the kitchen and set down the bag of Chinese cuisine and grabbed some plates as Joyce slumped onto the sofa. She took the bottle and was about to open it when Gala spoke from the kitchen.

“Oh my…I didn’t know you had a new one.”

“A ‘new’ what?”

Gala came from the kitchen with a smallish ball of fur cupped in her hands. She handed it to Joyce.

He couldn’t have been more than six weeks old. A grey and black striped tabby with emerald eyes and a note about his neck.

“My name is JM. Feed me. Worship me. Feed me. Scratch my ears. Feed me.”

Joyce’s eyes welled as she removed the note and scratched the kitten’s ears. He purred heavily.

“Gala…We’re going to need three plates.”

At his own townhouse, Bryce set the stove timer and crossed back into the living room where Matt had the backgammon board set up.

“Should only be about another fifteen for the ham.”

Matt poured them each a healthy glass from the decanter.

“What is this anyway?”

“It’s called ‘scotch’. You drink it.”

Both men clinked their glasses and then rolled the single dice for the first move and took a solid swig.

“Happy Christmas Matt.”

Fuck you too…A six over my four…Make your move you bastard.”

Bryce smiled and then did so on the board.

Happy Holidays.

:D

#221 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

Christmas came early?

:D

Damn good fun, my dear sir. :tup: Reading the fight had me flinching. Reading the banter had me smiling warmly. What a team. :)

This is great!

1 - We have a nice new story to enjoy
2 - Bryce still has about 24 days to write another one!

;)

#222 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

Great story - will put my own to shame!

I'm doing a heavy rewrite of my own story - and the rewrite is already much much better.

EDIT: And before I can save it, my computer decides to freeze and I've lost the full rewrite. Blast and damn.

#223 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Glad you liked it Joyce. Hey, you have a new scar, a new bottle of scotch and a new kitten....That will probably destroy most of your furniture in the months ahead.

Now (in my universe) there's officially a "girls" club at MI6.

You, Molly, Athena, Gala and Loelila - OMG!....It'll become a reality show. "THE REAL SPY CHICKS OF MI6". Well, either that or one smoking hot pictorial spread in MAXIM. :P

terminus - Don't you worry. I'm sure you'll deliver the goods. :tup: I look forward to whatever you're cooking up.

There's a few bits that I may fix that caught my eye. Nothing major, just a word or two, but overall, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Let's just say I was trying to beat the Christmas rush.

Thanks for the praise.

#224 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Well - it's almost rebuilt from scratch again. I'm just about at the point I was at before it froze. And now, very definitely, saving it :D

BTW - where were you picturing your story being set, Bryce? I noticed a reference to the 'sea' and thought you'd mentioned South America but couldn't notice a reference in the story.

My story may also have been retitled - we may be seeing Alec North being introduced to the world in 'A Flying Visit'.

#225 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

Good question. I mentioned earlier that we would be in Italy, but, as it played out in the writing, I based it on the hotel and casino that three of us actually visited back in 2006 in Monte Carlo. The scene was more important than the locale.

The room, as briefly as described (Joyce can attest) was based on our corner suite at the Fairmont Grand hotel in MC. It was a Hell of a trip back then. The hotel's own casino, the rooftop pool and restaurant. Epic. Not to mention Monte Carlo itself. Good times.

The three of us will return there someday...Possibly with Gala joining us.

I'm actually scheming up the next real JJM travel adventure.

Good luck with your work.

#226 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Bryce. I can only say this about NQAH: Fast moving and not short of [censored]ing exciting.

Lively to say the least of course, and the humor (great) is pure, rogue.

You can actually feel the bond (no pun intended) between the group which is a mood (if I can call it that) [censored]ing difficult for a writer to achieve. Well done, you did it great. You can believe they're a team in the true sense of the word, who've been through [censored] and piss together!

Again, you know your job and you have given us a story that is tough and with a sharp edge that is indeed so important in keeping a reader glued to the page.

Well done! I [censored]ing loved it!

Now, here's the slap on the wrist. Because it was so good and therefore I could not stop reading it, I will now invade your sleep and give you [censored]ing nightmares:) You were supposed to post for [censored]ing Christmas so that, when I'm on night duty while all you runts are out on the piss, I'll be able to sit back and enjoy a thoroughly enjoyable (if not spectacular) [censored]ing read called 'NOT QUITE A HOLIDAY'.

So, as a punishment you will write another short story on the same lines for the 24th.

If you don't, then Forever Watch Your Back Mr. Bryce! :D

Harry Fawkes :D

#227 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Who can deny that praise. Thank you Harry.

Well, guess I better dream up something else.

*looks at notes*

Yeah....

The car chase through the Scottish highlands....

Three motorcycles, two BMW's vs. the Jaguar with Bryce and Gala...

Fair enough Harry. I'll dig for the outline and get to work in time for Christmas.

Cheers.

#228 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

Eeeeeexcellent...

#229 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

...and I'd promised myself not to get involved this Christmas.

But; I'm loving the teaser's so...

Posted Image

#230 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

The more the MERRIER! :D

#231 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Oh - I may need to do a teaser for A FLYING VISIT now!

#232 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

Now you're all in for it...Again.

A daring chase and a glimpse into Bryce's family legacy through the rain and snow of the Scottish Highlands.

On December 24th be ready to take...

"THE HIGH ROAD"

Bryce will be in Scotland a'fore ye. ;)

#233 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Excellent, excellent.

I need to copy and paste these shorts of yours to a word file and print them off for safekeeping, Bryce. They are quite excellent.

And now my redraft is complete - and it's rather good, if I do say so myself. Might join you in writing another story!

#234 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

Can't wait. Rock on terminus and congrats. :D

#235 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

Why the hell not.

Attached File  arightchristmas.jpg   46.86KB   17 downloads

#236 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

I'm trying to put together a cover - but my paint skill is minimal so I can't get one I'm happy wiht.

#237 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

Why the hell not.

NICE! - Yes, CZJ will always be the cinematic Joyce in my mind's eye. I was watching Entrapment the other day. Now THAT's Joyce Carrington.

Who else could slap the crap out of Sir Sean?

Cheers luv. :D

#238 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Wow, Paul's in. I knew he wouldn't resist. And what a title FIRE WITH FIRE! Sounds great. And what a teaser! I looooove it!

Joyce, you have made my day with that book cover. I will certainly bind each and every page to it.

Well, back to work for me because I am in the company of some very talented writers here and I don't want to be the one who let's the side down.

THE INCREDIBLE FAN FIC WORLD OF JAMES BOND

HITS CBn THIS CHRISTMAS

Bryce in Scotland, eh? Well, now that does sound interesting!

#239 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Why the hell not.

Yeah baby; that's what I'm talking about ;)

#240 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Bryce in Scotland, eh? Well, now that does sound interesting!

Harry, you'll be getting a cameo in this round at the opening. Cheers. :tup: