31 replies to this topic

#31 Gabriel

Gabriel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

Agreed on The Equalizer. Dalton would be a great choice. And in 20 years' time Daniel Craig can play McCall!

It's a crying shame Dalton didn't get another couple of Bond films under his belt. I hate GE, in part because it feels like a Dalton script with a bunch of Roger Moore jokes bolted on to it and some thoroughly irritating performances! I also didn't warm to Brozzer's Bond at all in GE! Brozzer became Bond, for me, in TND!

#32 Eurospy

Eurospy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

Agreed on The Equalizer. Dalton would be a great choice. And in 20 years' time Daniel Craig can play McCall!

It's a crying shame Dalton didn't get another couple of Bond films under his belt. I hate GE, in part because it feels like a Dalton script with a bunch of Roger Moore jokes bolted on to it and some thoroughly irritating performances! I also didn't warm to Brozzer's Bond at all in GE! Brozzer became Bond, for me, in TND!

Craig as McCall in the future would be too good to be true.

And Dalton always wanted to do at least another one that would be more light-hearted than LTK. It would have been interesting to see how he would do it.

I think that Brosnan's Bond is where is works best,actually (although, press junket BS aside, it seems to be that one he most dislked).

And for The Equalizer, in terms of personal taste, I'd champion a less obvious casting like Ray Winstone.