1170 replies to this topic

#1051 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Daniel_Craig, that is a fantastic poster! I can't believe the 'official' poster we've had to put up with when they could have produced something like this!

I want MORE! DO another one!

#1052 Henry-Jones-Sr

Henry-Jones-Sr

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

It is with a heavy heart that I feel I must chime in and say that the most recent fan posters that have been put up here are no better than the official posters. I appreciate the work, effort, and love that goes into them, but in the end they are just photos with some text underneath. They don't look like movie posters. At all.

Sorry, guys. I really am not trying to be mean, just offering an honest opinion.

#1053 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, I think we can praise fans' efforts without bashing the official versions. Which are professional jobs, and the lying-down quad is a striking, simple, dynamic and effective image. Bond sullenly looking down at his empty gun in a variety of hairstyles isn't as exciting. Sorry.

#1054 roger no more

roger no more

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

This official one, no design, not eye catching....James Bond 50 years..a new Bond poster....what the hell!

#1055 Henry-Jones-Sr

Henry-Jones-Sr

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

It is with a heavy heart that I feel I must chime in and say that the most recent fan posters that have been put up here are no better than the official posters. I appreciate the work, effort, and love that goes into them, but in the end they are just photos with some text underneath. They don't look like movie posters. At all.

Sorry, guys. I really am not trying to be mean, just offering an honest opinion.

Yeah, I think we can praise fans' efforts without bashing the official versions. Which are professional jobs, and the lying-down quad is a striking, simple, dynamic and effective image. Bond sullenly looking down at his empty gun in a variety of hairstyles isn't as exciting. Sorry.

I think I should point out, to put my previous post into context, that the recent Skyfall posters are among the worst of the entire series. They look like leaflets for tuxedo hire shops.

#1056 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think I should point out, to put my previous post into context, that the recent Skyfall posters are among the worst of the entire series. They look like leaflets for tuxedo hire shops.

I think most people on this forum would agree with you.

I flicked through my James Bond poster book and can safely say they rank as the worst in the series. No imagination, no creativity. Daniel Craig is standing stiffly and staring coldly ahead, in his tuxedo which you rightly observed looks like it's being modelled for a shop. The poster of Bond lying prone pointing his gun is a nice idea but it's so naff-ly executed.

This is the 50th anniversary for crying out loud.

#1057 roger no more

roger no more

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

total agree..if sombody says its great, good..it should be a very die heart fans with blind heart too...I really wonder michael G have proved it or not..

The poster just only like a B grade movie...

#1058 DABOY

DABOY

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by DABOY, 16 September 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#1059 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have to disagree to some extent. While we do have a tendency to overpraise fan-made things around here as a means of putting down bad "official" images, I honestly would take several of the works found in this thread over the two posters that we've seen over the past couple of days for Skyfall. Both of them are exactly what you say, photos with text underneath them (or in the case of the one with Bond trying to literally shoot himself in the foot, above the photo), and both of them look like rather mediocre fan art.

#1060 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

"This certainly gives you a new slant."
Amazing, DABOY, how you made the same image so much more interesting.

#1061 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think Daboy's "think on your sins" and Union Jack posters, and Daniel_Craig's most recent one certainly give the official ones we've seen so far a run for their money.

I don't know why Empire gets the great Craig image they used on their cover, while the character poster gets the dud one. Hopefully the theatrical poster will have a completely different style.

#1062 Daniel_Craig

Daniel_Craig

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thank you, guys. Glad you like my poster. :)

The work of Daboy I liked very well. His version of the U.S. poster has something special. By the skew and the swirling sand more momentum coming into the picture. :)

#1063 Daniel_Craig

Daniel_Craig

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Sometimes dreams come true. My dream was that Adele will sing the theme song. I have added to the credits of this poster. The work is a bit older. Have designed it in late May.

Posted Image

Enjoy ;)

#1064 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Fantastic! I seem to recall seeing your work on Twitter too, posting under the name Daniel V, is that correct?

Edited by PPK_19, 16 September 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#1065 Daniel_Craig

Daniel_Craig

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

You´re welcome, PPK_19! ;)

Yes. I´m posting under the name Daniel V. on Twitter.

#1066 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

"This certainly gives you a new slant."
Amazing, DABOY, how you made the same image so much more interesting.

I think the angle rather kills the starkness of the original. And the crop eliminates the gun: it's perfectly horizontal in the original- you can't even see it in that version.

#1067 DABOY

DABOY

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Posted Image

Edited by DABOY, 24 September 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#1068 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Very nice.

#1069 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

These posters are insane. They are really well done.

#1070 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Daniel_Craig ,Your Fan Made Posters are Beautifull! A Brilliant Job Done !

#1071 DABOY

DABOY

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1072 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I just came across this fan art in Google images and thought it was great.Posted Image

#1073 DABOY

DABOY

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Posted Image

#1074 Henry-Jones-Sr

Henry-Jones-Sr

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Respectfully, my problem with most of these fan posters for Skyfall is that they all use really boring photos of Daniel Craig just standing there.

#1075 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Posted Image

I love this one, only thing I'd change is the background, to something "theatrical QoS"-esque with some key elements from the film in it.

#1076 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Brilliant bit of fan art by Daniel V on Twitter:

Posted Image

#1077 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

#1078 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Posted Image

#1079 Henry-Jones-Sr

Henry-Jones-Sr

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

That poster is unspeakably awful.

#1080 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I quite like it JCR. Good effort. I particularly like you mocking it up into one of Adele's tweets! Had to give that one a second glance.