48 replies to this topic

#31 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

How embarrassing! I promise I searched for it first. I bet I seen this thread as well. I remember seeing it on the Young Bond Dossier. I should have guessed CBN would have been on to it ages ago. I blame it on it being late at night. Thank goodness this forum is anonymous B)

I think its best I keep a lid on it for a few days. If anyone asks, you ain't seen me, Right? :tdown:

#32 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Seen who?

B)

#33 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

I've just posted slightly revised BRC paperback cover art HERE. Also within that article is a link/look at how the book will appear with its foil finish.

#34 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

I see they've split the tagline up. I would've liked it placed on one line like the other books, but that's a minor complaint. The foil finish preview is quite indistinct, but I'm sure it'll look better in the flesh.

#35 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

Yep, the split tagline is the change. I think it looks good, even though it doesn't match the others. Gives it a balance.

The foil preview image I didn't get from Puffin, I just found that online (that's why it's so small).

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Looks good. I'm definitely a fan of this paperback cover.

#37 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

Scored the new promotional poster for the paperback here.

#38 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:27 AM

That is a very cool poster - a great culmination of the five Young Bond stories.

#39 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:42 AM

Very nice!

#40 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:46 AM

Nice poster. All of the UK YB book covers are good, but the BRC entry may be the best.

#41 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

I love how they do a new poster and bookmarks for every release. The isbn of this poster is 0141327472. Sometimes you can find a book dealer who sells them, but they tend to dry up fast and never come back. I've been able to lay my hands on most of them, but not all.

#42 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Got my copy of the BRC paperback (from Puffin) yesterday. It's a beauty! The silver finish really works. Looks much better than the gold finish on the HG paperback, which I think obscured the artwork. The short story extract is excellent and a true tease. They also gave me a stack of postcards for The Enemy, but I noticed there was another tipped into the center of the book, so I expect one comes with all copies.

Looks great on the shelf with the other paperbacks. B)

#43 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

The silver finish really works. Looks much better than the gold finish on the HG paperback, which I think obscured the artwork.

Good to hear. Can't wait to see it myself.

#44 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

BRC is shipping now from Amazon.

#45 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image
New prize drawing to mark the release of 'By Royal Command' paperback

#46 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:42 PM

By Royal Command (and Devil May Care) are released today in the UK. Would love to hear from my friends in England. Are you seeing store displays? Any signed stock (last year Waterstones Piccadilly's entire stock of HG was signed)? Also curious to know if there are any new box sets or specials out there. Last year's The Young Bond Collection took me totally by surprise.

I can also break my silence on the short story extract, but I'm going to start a new thread for that after I post up a story on my site.

#47 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Got my (second) copy from Amazon today. I got a copy early from Puffin. That one had a promo sticker on it for the ski lesson competition. Glad I didn't take the sticker off because the one from Amazon didn't have it. I believe the ones with stickers come from WHSmith.

This is a new level of collector madness -- getting copies of the books with all the variant cover stickers. DMC had a few different ones. So did BRC in hardcover.

This one also has a tipped in promo postcard for The Enemy. Looks like all the copies will have this.

#48 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

Saw this paperback for the first time today - it's a gorgeous looking book. The silver looks absolutely terrific. Without doubt the best of the Young Bond paperbacks.

The less said about the Devil May Care paperback, the better - what's with the massive font and margins? The thing looks like a kids book.

#49 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Saw this paperback for the first time today - it's a gorgeous looking book. The silver looks absolutely terrific. Without doubt the best of the Young Bond paperbacks.

Agreed. I picked it up a few days ago. It contrasts very well against the Hurricane Gold UK paperback. All five books make a great looking set.