153 replies to this topic

#151 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

I got sunburn and heat rash in Turkey but it was worth it. Had a smashing time there. With regards to NY I agree. I don't want it to be a primary location but then again, for the sake of being more original if they were going to use a city/state from the US, I'd hope for someplace else. Boston's been thrown around, which I like or even Seattle.

Strangely enough so did I for three weeks. But I was there a long time travelling. It soon passed with huge amoutns of Raki and endless games of Tawla.

Gule Gule.

I sure did. B)

#152 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

I came back from Bodrum, Turkey last night after spending a week there and some of the locations were just ripe for a Bond film. When was the last time Bond was in Turkey? FRWL?

The World is not Enough, actually.

Personally, I loved Quantum of Solace's approach to locations; not particularly glamorous, but they felt real.

#153 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Personally, I loved Quantum of Solace's approach to locations; not particularly glamorous, but they felt real.

I think that was because each one had an atmosphere and a personality of its own. Take the alley way Bond slips out of after evading the SAD squadron: the lighting really makes the setting, even though it's in the film for less than ten seconds and feels far more real than things like the Ice Palace.

#154 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

When was the last tiem bond was in new york Live and let die? that was over 30 years ago New york ahs greatly changed since bond's last visit.

So? There are plenty of cities that Bond should visit that he hasn't. Like I said, if you're so desperate to see NY, there are plenty of films you can watch where NY plays a focal part. However, I'm not completely opposed to Bond being in NY. I just don't want him there for the maority or the entire movie.

Absolutey. There are plenty of places that Bond hasn't been to, so going to an overused, overexposed location like New York isn't something that EON should do with the franchise. I wouldn't even take Bond there for even a brief visit. I can see New York in just about any other film that is put into theaters, and I don't want to see it in a Bond film. There are some great, exotic locations out there that EON hasn't taken the films to yet, like Australia and Canada, and there's obviously many others around the globe that EON has neglected over the course of the last 40+ years.

True words.

I came back from Bodrum, Turkey last night after spending a week there and some of the locations were just ripe for a Bond film. When was the last time Bond was in Turkey? FRWL?

The World is not Enough, actually.

Ahh, of course. Thank you.