35 replies to this topic

#31 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:18 PM

George Lazenby actually had a lot of charisma. It was just that his lack of acting experience didnt allow it to shine through.

You know, I dont really appreciate you bashing Hugh Jackman like you are, if you dont think he'd make a good Bond fine, theres no need to be insulting.

#32 Bondpurist

Bondpurist

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:40 PM

Quite frankly, Jackman deserves to be insulted if he thinks he has a hope of hell of being a decent Bond. I simply think that someone like him, i.e. a non British actor dependent on high budget low intelligence hoolywood films isn't suitable as Bond. There are plenty of people like Jackman, so why is he singled out as a particularly 'suitable' choice anyway? I'm not insulting you personally, so I don't know what the fuss is about. Anyone whose biggest claim to fame is playing a comic book wolf should be prepared to take some stick when he has delusions that he could play Bond.

#33 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 03:01 AM

Have you actually seen any of Jackman's films? Out of all the films he's done, only Swordfish qualifies as high budget low intelligence film. X-Men is actually one of the better comic movies out there, intelligently written and directed. The other significant movie that he's done is Kate and Leopold, a sweet romantic comedy which is also intelligently written, and acted by Jackman, who makes a convincing British baron. Hear that, "British" yes, that means Jackman can do a convincing British accent.

And who's to say what films he's been in determines if he's suitable as Bond or not? From what I remember Brosnan did mostly low budget fare and a tv show before he became Bond. Lazenby didnt have any actiing experience and he turned out ok. You keep mentioning how ugly he is, I think quite the opposite is true. In fact my sister thinks he is very good looking and would definately watch the Bond films with him as Bond (are you taking note MGM?), and yes, more than just my sister feel this way about Jackman, heck, he's much better looking than Dalton.

Oh, and one more thing, you're last sentence makes me laugh, its obvious you've never read a single X-Men comic.

#34 iceberg

iceberg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 05:42 AM

The fact of the matter is we each all have our idea of who should be the next Bond, and no amount of persuasion from one another will be enough to change our minds. And whoever they choose won't please everybody.

#35 BaldGuy007

BaldGuy007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2002 - 04:03 PM

I enthusiastically agree with you regarding Clive Owen as the next Bond. Mr. Owen has the looks of Brosnan, the swagger, if you will, of a young Connery and that quiet, stoic lethal edge of Dalton and the literary 007.

Check out the BMW films

#36 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 04:19 PM

I saw the BMW thing with Owen, and he might just be good after all. He's got a shot. Maybe, just maybe, the playing field doesn't look as bad as we think. Owen still needs to increase his profile a bit. So more people will know who the hell he is.