41 replies to this topic

#31 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

So it sounds as if Haggis wrote the script not knowing what Quantum of Solace actually meant and ironically used the exact same meaning as the short story without knowing. :tup:

It's a coincidence. One could argue that James Bond needs a "quantum of solace" in any Bond film especially the Brosnan films. This time the title really worked out with the script so they chose it.

#32 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

So it sounds as if Haggis wrote the script not knowing what Quantum of Solace actually meant and ironically used the exact same meaning as the short story without knowing. :tup:

It's a coincidence. One could argue that James Bond needs a "quantum of solace" in any Bond film especially the Brosnan films. This time the title really worked out with the script so they chose it.

Thank God they didn't call it Peeling Back the Layers, then... :tup:

#33 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:50 AM

Well correct me if i'm wrong but early on Didn't just about everyone confirm that while no fleming story was referenced directly but bits were used in the new film.

and honestly there are several things that could happen

1. We don't know Tim Piggot Smith (spelling) Character name it could very well be Phillip Masters.

2. you can't deny that while it's slightly different it is a mighty big coincedence that bond is at a party in both Film and story. Last time he was at a party was Tommorow Never Dies.

3. It wouldn't be hard for them to put the dialogue into the story (with Felix saying it)

4. Bond is going to be on a plane for a bit of the film so A) the stewardess line could easily be fitted in and :tup: another sort of association to the short story.

which out of all them I think 3 and 4 seem most reasonable and if any bond can pull of the Stewardess line well it's Daniel.

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 11 March 2008 - 02:52 AM.

#34 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

2. you can't deny that while it's slightly different it is a mighty big coincedence that bond is at a party in both Film and story. Last time he was at a party was Tommorow Never Dies.

I think you could say he was at a party in DAD.

It

#35 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

[quote name='Shrublands' post='849404' date='11 March 2008 - 07:37'][quote name='Quantumofsolace007' post='849325' date='11 March 2008 - 02:50']2. you can't deny that while it's slightly different it is a mighty big coincedence that bond is at a party in both Film and story. Last time he was at a party was Tommorow Never Dies.[/quote]

I think you could say he was at a party in DAD.

It

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 11 March 2008 - 01:45 PM.

#36 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Honestly there isn't a lush party scene in every bond film.

and there isn't a "lush party" in the short story.

If it is a govenor type throwing the party that separates it from the launch of Icarus (DAD) or the launch of the new news satelite (TND)

Well we do know that it

#37 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

Though Shrublands you can't deny that if you were to adapt Quantum of soalce you would add more people to the party and make it more lush.

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 11 March 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#38 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Though Shrublands you can't deny that if you were to adapt Quantum of soalce you would add more people to the party and make it more lush.

No. I wouldn't.

I think the whole tone of the notion of what a

#39 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

No. I wouldn't.

I wouldn't add more people to the party either. Not everything that James Bond does has to be bigger and better than things actually are in real life, and it doesn't always have to be glamorous. I think having Bond attend a smaller event rather than the large, lavish parties that we're used to seeing him at, would be a very welcome change from the usual.

#40 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Not everything that James Bond does has to be bigger and better than things actually are in real life, and it doesn't always have to be glamorous.

Yea but this is the real world where Bond films are still being made by the same old producers.

#41 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

I have other ideas.

Fine i'll consernt the party is conicednece but i'll stand by my other 3.

#42 RivenWinner

RivenWinner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

One of the first things that came to my mind when we first learned the title of Bond 22 was whether or not some sort of reference to the short story would be made. Wilson said shortly after that there is no mention or reference to the short story at all, and if you remember, they said they picked the final title for the film like a few days earlier or something like that.

However, with the knowledge now that the script is being tweaked, and with a new mysterious writer on board, perhaps they will slip something in. I for one hope so.