This would seriously complete my life

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

I can't see it happening though. Rumours of this kind seem to always circulate around GoldenEye.

#4 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

I can't see it happening though. Rumours of this kind seem to always circulate around GoldenEye.

I don't picture it either. I'd be surprised. The rights to GoldenEye just seem like a quagmire to me. Too many companies with their (understandably) own interests in mind just probably can't agree.

#5 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

007Spain and Mundorare know more of this and have a picture of the real deal (of course it's not a fake as it doesn't belong to any of those Half Life 1/2 mods).

As it is a Rare focused page (and I try to post only reliable information at 007Spain) I think you should read it and get your own conclusions.

Article in Mundorare (English)

The one at 007Spain is obviously in Spanish for those readers from Spain or America

Posted Image

This is the image. (The HD one is at Mundorare's website)

And also the rumours about the launch of BK 1 or Perfect Dark on Xbox Live Arcade aren't real as the 'Banjo Team' is currently developing BK 3 for Xbox 360 and as Rare fans learned with the latest Scribes edition for Rare’s official site, there are no plans for any new release or remake of the Banjo games for Xbox Live Arcade in the near future. “Let’s just get the new 360 game finished before we consider anything else” said the members of the Banjo 3 team back then.

Edited by _Ozu_, 09 January 2008 - 11:22 PM.

#6 Agent Ostlund

Agent Ostlund

Sub-Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

This would seriously complete my life

It would complete mine as well.. If this was true..I would piss my pants..

#7 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

It would be amazing if true.

#8 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

Ok, first off the article writes in past tense and that a 'former employee' knew about a revised 10th anniversary GoldenEye game. The game was proposed back in 2005 but went belly up after the licensing rights were passed to Activision.

Take it from a person who has been around the block and has seen this kind of rumor before, Eon and Sony will not release a OO7 video game with a title that reflects the Brosnan days. It just isn't going to happen.

Sony, Eon, Columbia and MGM/UA are not spending millions on Daniel Craig and then offer up a former Bond. Bad for business and confusing too.

#9 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

I knew they were trying. Always have, but as the story confirms Nintendo scuttles it for Microsoft and Microsoft scuttles it for Nintendo. Someday, maybe.

#10 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'd love to see this even if the game wasn't in high def. It would save me the trouble of trouble of pulling the N64 out of closet every now & then to play it. Alas, Dr. S is right - this is just isn't going to happen. :D

#11 BitNetMonkey

BitNetMonkey

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:16 AM

First, hello to all. I have been registered for some time, but this is my first post (brought me out of quiet mode). I would give every shilling for it if released. The only reason I keep the N64 around (2, just in case one dies), to play the game.

There are always possibilities, especially since XBL has done a great job at bringing the old games back. Not necessarily bad for business, because with XBL there is always extra content (pictures, themes, etc...(sadly looking at the catch 22, they could include ads in the game)) that can be purchased. Get someone to purchase a $6 game on XBL, could lead to them purchasing more 007 items (distribute the free heroin, let them taste the goodness). This could also be an awesome opportunity for Activision's marketing campaign before the 2008 James Bond game and Bond-22 movie.

All speculation, that we hope is true.

#12 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:35 AM

I play Halo 3 on Xbox Live occasionally and there's usually around 500,000 people playing it (not counting offline campaign) at any given time.

Hopefully, they see those types of numbers and decide it is worth putting out there. I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

#13 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:15 AM

I play Halo 3 on Xbox Live occasionally and there's usually around 500,000 people playing it (not counting offline campaign) at any given time.

Hopefully, they see those types of numbers and decide it is worth putting out there. I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

But why would Activision want to retread on GoldenEye when they're making the Bond 22 game. You know it's going to have multiplayer. They're going to want those players for their game. That's another thing I never bought from this story. I don't see how this would help Activision. A potential scenario is that it will trump Activision, which would not only be sad, but kind of embarrassing given GoldenEye is 10 years old now.

#14 Nimsworth

Nimsworth

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

Hmmm... Lets look at Goldeneye 007 for a second. A nintendo published game, developed by a company owned by Microsoft about an intellectual property owned by Sony.

Unless its getting a Wii, 360 and PS3 simultaneous release... I dont see it happening. If it does though I'll eat Oddjobs hat.

#15 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

On another 'competing' Bond website they have a list of what would be on a possible '10th Anniversary GoldenEye 007 Edition'.

- Flawless recreation of the original gameplay. Uses the original code - just running on Xbox 360.
- Rock solid 60 frames a second.
- All new high def graphics with the option to switch back to the original N64 graphics any time.
- 4-way online splitscreen multiplayer - see what the other 3 players can see, even over Xbox Live.
- New multiplayer maps - play on the single player Dam, Depot or Frigate levels.

Now, that would be a dream come true. But a dream not to be realised I fear.

#16 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

http://forums.penny-...ead.php?t=42693

Here's the original source for this rumor and it's been proven fake.

#17 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

it's been proven fake.

How has it been proven fake? That's not what I was told.

You can believe it or not, but I have been told that it's alive and kicking and only Nintendo has the power to let it go. When Iwata say 'yes' it won't be long before it appears on Xbox live arcade, but that won't be happening...

Activision earns money as it's the one that holds the license now and Rare and Microsoft would have to pay them a certain amount.

Microsoft and Rare obviously earn money.

EON earns money too as it uses the Bond license.

Even Nintendo would earn money if they let them release it on 360 and Wii.

The only thing Nintendo does not want is an improved version of the game for 360 and not for Wii (that's my opinion, not a proven fact).

Edited by _Ozu_, 10 January 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#18 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

Just as long as they keep the merciless slow baddie deaths. Nothing was more satisfying as a young teenager than watching the commies grasp at their throats, or even their right ears (their EARS!) as they slowly dropped to their knees and crumpled onto the floor.

Take THAT, Janus!

:D

#19 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

How much money is GoldenEye 64 bringing in right now?

Zero.

How much could a re-release bring in?

Possibly millions.

Since everybody involved would get a piece of the pie, it's win-win. The only question is... does Activision think it could harm their B22 game.

#20 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hmmm... Lets look at Goldeneye 007 for a second. A nintendo published game, developed by a company owned by Microsoft about an intellectual property owned by Sony.

Sony does not own James Bond. Columbia Pictures will only be involved with two Bond films. MGM/UA/The Broccolis have more say than Sony. It doesn't even matter because the rights to making a James Bond game are not restrictive to any specific console.

#21 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Since everybody involved would get a piece of the pie, it's win-win. The only question is... does Activision think it could harm their B22 game.

It could harm the relationship between Activision and Nintendo, and maybe not for Bond 22, but if you can't get a game out on a top selling system like Wii, you have more to lose than to win (and I think this would never have happened if Wii wasn't such a sales success).

#22 doubler83

doubler83

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

A story...

This game brings back so many happy childhood memories for me. Walking into Comet and seeing it in all its glory. Playing the first couple of levels and being amazed. I had to have it. It would complete my life.

My parents ordered me a Nintendo 64 and GoldenEye 007 mid-November '97 (I believe they were out of stock in pretty much every shop), and the company they ordered it from "guaranteed" that I would get it in time for Christmas. I mean hell, they had over a month to deliver it.

One week passes, no machine. Another couple of weeks, no machine. Now into December, I'm getting kinda worried that I may not have it in time for Christmas. Parents phone the company, "oh yes, we'll make sure it gets to you in time for Christmas".

Long story short, after a couple of more weeks and countless other phone calls, the game arrives on the 23rd December. No machine. No, that would follow the next the day. Yep, I got both items a couple of days before Christmas.

Alas, my parents never did see me on Christmas Day. I was too busy up in my room playing, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the greatest games of all time.

And loving it!

Microsoft, whatever money you got to pay to get this thing on XBL, make it happen. Please. My life will be complete again. :tup:

#23 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:45 PM

If this happens, that will be awesome. I've always wanted to see a re-release of this game with updated graphics. Also, the re-release would be able to include way more multiplayer maps. This would be a great game to play online.

#24 Nimsworth

Nimsworth

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:42 AM

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3165391

If you've read the latest issue of EGM, you've probably cried over the apparently silent death of an Xbox Live Arcade version of Rare and Nintendo's classic James Bond shooter for the Nintendo 64, GoldenEye 007. Quartermann's rumor mongering didn't elaborate much, but there's definitely more to the story.

The GoldenEye port has been in development at Rare for several months, and was never intended as a remake. The XBLA version would have featured the same graphics, maps and weapons from the N64 version, but with the crucial addition of online multiplayer over Xbox Live. Several characters wouldn't make the cut due to licensing issues with certain actors.

Unfortunately, the reason GoldenEye for XBLA died came down to money. Our source close to Rare said the conversion was a mere two months from completion, but Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't agree on the financial side of things. The point of contention, as our source puts it: would Nintendo receive a one-time fee for the rights to the game, or a continuing cut of the XBLA revenues? The latter seems to make sense for everyone, but apparently it wasn't that easy.

From what we're told, the best way to get this port back on track is to show Microsoft and Nintendo how badly you want it. If it all comes down to money, show 'em that you want to give yours. As soon as we hear anything more, we'll let you know.

Damn...

#25 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:20 AM

Yeah, I just read that myself. Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know though. Kinda guessed it from the beginning. :tup:

#26 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:13 AM

-----UPDATE-----

Financial difficulties plague popular Bond video game

#27 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:22 AM

It's unfortunate, but I'm not surprised. Hopefully some day they can come to an agreement, as I and many others would love to see a re-release.

#28 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

Take it from a person who has been around the block and has seen this kind of rumor before, Eon and Sony will not release a OO7 video game with a title that reflects the Brosnan days. It just isn't going to happen.

Sony, Eon, Columbia and MGM/UA are not spending millions on Daniel Craig and then offer up a former Bond. Bad for business and confusing too.

You never know, they re-used Connery for FRWL, though the situation was a bit different to be fair, infact the game might have come out in between the Brosnan and Craig era.

It was a nice dream while it last though :tup:

#29 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

It's not about money, it's about Iwata.

Edited by _Ozu_, 13 January 2008 - 03:02 PM.

#30 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

You never know, they re-used Connery for FRWL, though the situation was a bit different to be fair, infact the game might have come out in between the Brosnan and Craig era.

It was a nice dream while it last though :tup:

Truth is, Eon, MGM etc, don't really get much of a say. What the license holder does with it is their business. That said, however....

I think the problem with GoldenEye is that if they were to do it again they'd have to get Pierce's okay and the question is, would he allow it? As we already know some of the characters were dropped in the 10th Anniversary edition because they couldn't get the okay from them. I would think he would be required to get that game off the ground though. He's on the box, afterall.