#31 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

I liked the TWINE ski sequence.

I sometimes feel sorry for some of you who hated parts of the Bond movies. I love almost 100% of each one, so I get so much more entertainment than a some fans on here. It must have been awful for you if you hated Brosnan's movies because that meant nothing worth watching since 1989, until CR came along. Hell on earth. I had a great time during the Brosnan years.

And that includes the fun I have watching the TWINE ski scene.

"See you back at the lodge"

You know I did enjoy the ski scenes before the chase occured.Bond and Electra skiing together and the sweeping vistas after they jumped out of the helicopter were excellently Bondish. But when the bad guys showed up it was pretty dull. I mean, if you're gonna do a ski chase you gotta top the last one. or two. or three and they didn't even come close-the trailor shot of Bond jumping in front of the explosion made me mouth water for something spectacular. But I wouldn't mind seeing Bond skiing for fun, on holiday. No contrived story to set it up...

#32 dave5150

dave5150

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:21 AM

You do realise don't you that your'e all basing this on the same newspaper that once said Eddie Murphy was going to be the new James Bond. Let's just wait for some official news eh?

#33 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:23 AM

Of course, this is from a tabloid, so I'm not going to think/worry too much about this

Yes, they may have just been taking the piste.....

#34 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:56 AM

You do realise don't you that your'e all basing this on the same newspaper that once said Eddie Murphy was going to be the new James Bond. Let's just wait for some official news eh?

I'm basing this on the fact that Peter Lamont said it was so.

#35 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

I liked the TWINE ski sequence.

I sometimes feel sorry for some of you who hated parts of the Bond movies. I love almost 100% of each one, so I get so much more entertainment than a some fans on here. It must have been awful for you if you hated Brosnan's movies because that meant nothing worth watching since 1989, until CR came along. Hell on earth. I had a great time during the Brosnan years.

And that includes the fun I have watching the TWINE ski scene.

"See you back at the lodge"

You know I did enjoy the ski scenes before the chase occured.Bond and Electra skiing together and the sweeping vistas after they jumped out of the helicopter were excellently Bondish. But when the bad guys showed up it was pretty dull. I mean, if you're gonna do a ski chase you gotta top the last one. or two. or three and they didn't even come close-the trailor shot of Bond jumping in front of the explosion made me mouth water for something spectacular. But I wouldn't mind seeing Bond skiing for fun, on holiday. No contrived story to set it up...

I watched this sequence last night out of curiosity from a similar thread on the best ski chases in the films. I also found I liked the scenes before the chase, very reminiscent of OHMSS. But it never seems Bond is in that much danger once the Parahawks arrive. It was a matter of "let's get in the obligatory skiing sequence."

Sure there are explosions, but none seem to come close to him. It's almost like watching the director's version of how the scene was to play out rather than having a surprise explosion here and there or something to throw Bond off. If you look at it, the sequence is very much like the hovercraft chase in the precredits of DAD in that manner. And then there is the henchmen that can't shoot straight problem.

As for the Parahawks, I give the production team credit for trying to get something new and different, but the things seemed so unwieldy and awkward, they didn't make for anything really dangerous or exciting.

#36 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

Since they were essentially snowmobiles with propellers, would the chase have been more exciting if it was a bunch of guys on snowmobiles? Couldnt have been any worse.

#37 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

As long as Bond is wearing the tux, it doesn't matter. All we care about is bond in a tux, with a vodka martini in one hand and a Walter PPK in the other, skiing or taking showers or swimming, as long as he does everything in a Tux. I hated that scene in CR where in swims in a swimsuit. I wanted him to wear the tux. Remember the opening of TWINE ? Brozza goes underwater in a Tux. He flies in a tux. He fights in a Tux, and makes love in a Tux. I hope next time he makes love TO a Tux. The best CR scene is the shower scene because he showers in his tux. That's how Bond should always be portrayed, in a Tux. All the rest doesn't matter. Bond on skis ok. But wearing a Tux.

#38 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

Remember the opening of TWINE ? Brozza goes underwater in a Tux.

Yes I do.

No he doesn't.

#39 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

As long as Bond is wearing the tux, it doesn't matter. All we care about is bond in a tux, with a vodka martini in one hand and a Walter PPK in the other, skiing or taking showers or swimming, as long as he does everything in a Tux. I hated that scene in CR where in swims in a swimsuit. I wanted him to wear the tux. Remember the opening of TWINE ? Brozza goes underwater in a Tux. He flies in a tux. He fights in a Tux, and makes love in a Tux. I hope next time he makes love TO a Tux. The best CR scene is the shower scene because he showers in his tux. That's how Bond should always be portrayed, in a Tux. All the rest doesn't matter. Bond on skis ok. But wearing a Tux.

Does this mean Bond is supposed to wear a tux? I'm trying to be clear.

#40 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:45 AM

Piss In a Tux.