37 replies to this topic

#31 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

Anthony Hopkins as Trevelyan, a mentor to Bond rather than a peer. Judi Dench as the progressive female M who's taking over her deceased predecessor. And of course, Timothy Dalton as Bond, who thought he had already redeemed himself for his actions years earlier, but is now on the defensive in an increasingly different world. Imagine the believable clashing of modern versus old school between Dench and Dalton. The cinematic titan that is Hopkins against the gravitas of Dalton, whose Bond actually questions his true allegiances. Basically, all the themes of betrayal and change in the Goldeneye we know, but cranked up to 11. Yes, it would most definitely kick some serious [censored].

I think it wouldn't have done as well as with Brosnan, but you do have to factor in the differences: there is still a six year wait, Bond is back in his winter easy chair, and there isn't as much in the way of sharks eating people, people having their heads blown up, and people being set on fire. And hey, if nothing else, market it as "the NEW Dalton". Worked for Nixon.

#32 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

But, why don't you just make ten louder, and then it can just be cranked to ten because ten is louder?

:cooltongue:

Ah, we can imagine, at least.

#33 Carolinabond007

Carolinabond007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

Dalton in GE would have been a great movie, perhaps better than Brosnan. GE would have been a great last hurrah for Dalton's 007

Dalton's Bonds should have been:

AVTAK
TLD
LTK
GE

#34 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:13 PM

Throw a fifth film in there between LTK and GE and you're set. :D

#35 Little Nelly

Little Nelly

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

yes!

#36 007Bond

007Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

I do like Brosnan's GOLDENEYE, and whilst I would certainly have liked to have seen Dalton make a third movie, I don't feel that the tone of GOLDENEYE was quite correct for his era of movies. I for one am quite happy with the way it was eventually made.

I would not have said better ! :P
Brosnan was excellent in it (despite the scene with the plane... :D)
Dalton deserved better than LTK but he would'nt "matched" for "GoldenEye".

#37 Frostyak

Frostyak

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

Anthony Hopkins as Trevelyan, a mentor to Bond rather than a peer

Hopkins opposite Dalton would've been a nice touch...'Lion In The Winter' was their first movie, I believe.

#38 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:42 AM

No doubt Goldeneye would have been a different film with Dalton. However, I think Goldeneye is great with Brosnan and if he stayed that course (ie, acting style, and decent scripts) he would have been a better bond in the end. Now, Brosnan is not my favorite nor is Dalton my least favorite...I think Brosnan is underrated in Goldeneye and would rather have him in that film over Dalton.