31 replies to this topic

#31 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:50 PM

It's got some good dialogue. I'll give it that. The action sequences are amatuer night, though. The product doesn't feel as professionally produced as it probably would have done had it been an EON. I can't think of any of the EON films I'd rank below this one.

#32 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 09:36 PM

Originally posted by Scottlee
...Oh, and I don't really care about seeing a new version of NSNA. It's a naff film with that's only worth watching when there's nothing else on because of Connery.  

Oh, and I've never seen the big attraction in Kim Basinger.

Yeah, I agree. I never cared for that movie either--didn't like the story, the score, the actors, or anything. Connery was the only reason to watch it at all and he certainly wasn't at his best.

And I don't like Basinger much either. If I had to pick my favorite from that movie, it would be Barbara Carerra (is that how her name is spelled?) and she isn't even in my top twenty.

NSNA is there for the big-time collectors. I admit that I'll probably buy it eventually, "because it's there," so to speak, but I doubt that I'll watch it often. IMO, it ranks right up there with TB, DAF, OP, and TND as most boring Bond films ever.