This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What is your favourite Location Establishing Shot in CR?

36 replies to this topic

#31 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:25 PM

Bond arriving in Nassau. None of them are particularly great, though. The cutting's too quick to set the scenes up properly. Many of the older films did that sort of thing much better.

#32 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

The cutting's too quick to set the scenes up properly. Many of the older films did that sort of thing much better.

I agree with you there, although I thought they were better in CR compared to the last few movies.

But there is nothing like the old locations of FRWL, TB and OHMSS.

#33 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

All the good ones have been spoken for already. Although it's not really an establishing shot my favorite location shot in the whole film has when Craig is running towards the reversing tanker as the Virgin airliner flys by in the background. I loved that shot on the big screen with the jet engines rumbling and Craig charging down the tarmac with the plane and the simmering lights of Miami in the background. It really puts the sequence in perspective and gives it a very epic scope.

#34 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

Good one Spriggan!

I also like the shot of Bond driving the truck into the construction site when chasing Mollaka.

#35 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:45 PM

I love the shot of the plane landing in the Bahamas just after Bond is finished talking with M at her house. Arnold's music there is perfect and it's a great shot.

#36 Mollaka

Mollaka

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:02 AM

My favorite was the aerial shot of the train in Montenegro. Good music combined with a very classy looking shot.

(I want no risk in the portfolio) Agreed.

#37 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:57 AM

Bond arriving in Nassau. None of them are particularly great, though. The cutting's too quick to set the scenes up properly. Many of the older films did that sort of thing much better.

As Sir Roger said, forgive me if I am a little slow on the uptake. I didn't recognize the Atlantis resort in CR when I first saw the film, in the same manner that I did not recognize the Taj Mahal in OP upon seeing that movie for the first time. In both cases, I found out about those two buildings later. See what you get when you are slow on the uptake.