32 replies to this topic

#31 clublos

clublos

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

It seems to me that with the four Brosnan films, Eon wanted a different approach with each one so as to offer the audience a "fresh" perspective. That was fine and good, but I believe that it would be nice to see Eon try what blueman describes as consistency. Count me in on welcoming Haggis back.

#32 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

I going to throw some ice water on this party. I hope Hagis doesn't come back. Martin Campbell either. Why? Because Bond 22 will be a remake of CR. We have CR. Let's see what else we can have. There are plenty of talented writers and directors out there and lots of ideas for Bond while we're at it. On other boards members say we can't have QT or Speilberg or G. Del Toro or whoever but we can keep Hagis coming back?

I'm for fresh perspectives on bond, that's what Hagis gave us and good for him. Now let's get some ideas from someone else. Here's to Bond 22 being another fresh take on 007 and the world of James Bond. Even if it is a continuation. And that's fine by me too.

Hear what you're saying, but the best stretch of Bond was arguably in the 60s, when Maibaum and Young were primarily shaping what was Bond. Consistency at that high of a level we haven't had since, bringing back the writing team that made CR (and perhaps even the director?) would be awesome, IMO. Tired of making do with worse.

Let's also bear in mind that Haggis would be doing a rewrite of a script by team who've done 3 Bonds. So it's not as if a one-trick pony will serve the same old-same old. We're more justified in worrying about P&W than Haggis. Call him quality control, if you like. And I'm all for consistency there. I'm not sure we want an entirely new vision or fresh take for each film in Craig's tenure. Plenty of time to rock the boat and shake things up but good again with the seventh Bond.

#33 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

If it ain't broken...