46 replies to this topic

#31 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

Bond allows his chest hair to grow back.

Now I know all of this is in jest, but Daniel Craig *does* have chest hair. Look closely when he comes out of the water. It's blond hair, so it's not as visible, but it's there.

Sean is a walking carpet by comparison.

Yes, I don't really care anymore about his non traditional attributes...just having a little fun. :cooltongue:

#32 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

Sean is a walking carpet by comparison.

True. And I could totally see Dean ripping a droid's arm out of it's socket. :cooltongue:

#33 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

M is replaced by Bernard Hill.

Ohhh! How awesome that would be. Make it happen, Tarl. Please. :angry:

I'll try believe me! :cooltongue:

#34 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

Learning how to stop and start his heart WITHOUT a defibrilator.

Learning how to do that Wolverine thing where his scars heal up in seconds.

15 separate workouts for eyebrow dexterity.

Cigarettes. No, really.

Jingles just to complete the already obvious comercials for Sony, Omega, and beer.

#35 spynovelfan

spynovelfan

Commander CMG

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5855 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

I'd actually quite like to see Bond's parents - he's an orphan for God's sake, and apert from one line in CR that has never been explored. That line in CR almost invites it anyway. It could be a great PTS for Bond 22: you could cast someone who looks a lot like Craig as Andrew Bond, only realising at the end of the scene that it's not him.

I never, ever want to see Bond's parents. I have trouble thinking of a worse story idea than one tied to his parents. Bond's parents shouldn't be tied into some conspiracy from ages past - they should be ordinary people who died in a climbing accident, 'nuff said. It's an ordinary tragedy with ordinary people, nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise, it's just tying into a big cliche about a hero's parents.

Is that a no then? :cooltongue:

#36 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

Yes, I'd like to see a Q and Moneypenny appearance.

I wasn't impressed with Villers - did nobody else think he was a horrible Hollywood British racial stereotype?

No, but he does remind me of Rob Brydon
Posted Image

#37 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

Learning how to do that Wolverine thing where his scars heal up in seconds.

Judging by how quickly his injuries from the stairwell fight seem to heal, I think he can do that already. :cooltongue:

#38 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

- Black hair. Can easily be explained by Bond dyeing it for a mission and subsequently keeping the look.

- Moneypenny.

As for Moneypenny, I want her to come in BOND 23, whe a new M has stepped in, bringing with him a new secretary. For BOND 22, I think some nice Villiers/Bond stuff can be explored.

I agree. The dyed hair notion is so unecessarily ludicrous.

Do you know what, I would have been glad to see the back of MONEYPENNY, but the notion of a new 'M' bringing a new secretary with HIM might just work - especially if it's not the usual 1950's colonial cast off that MONEYPENNY has become on film.

Edited by Zorin Industries, 22 March 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#39 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

1) A zinger-free, polished script laced nicely with real wit and laughs.
2) One each rad, innovative fight scene and chase.
3) The greatest henchman of them all.
4) A sex scene with some sizzle.

Give me those and all is well.

#40 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

______

Now I know all of this is in jest, but Daniel Craig *does* have chest hair. Look closely when he comes out of the water. It's blond hair, so it's not as visible, but it's there.

Harmsway - I think you need to take a break from watching your DVD!

#41 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

______

Either that, or Harms has just got an absolutely incredible big screen TV. :cooltongue:

#42 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:37 PM

I think it's about time we saw Bond's monkey sidekick, Dr Chimpenstein, from the novels, in one of the movies.

Or was that a dream I had?

#43 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:16 PM

______

Either that, or Harms has just got an absolutely incredible big screen TV. :cooltongue:

Neither. I noticed it in in a still photo before CR's release.

#44 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:32 PM

Either that, or Harms has just got an absolutely incredible big screen TV.

Neither. I noticed it in in a still photo before CR's release

What sharp little eyes you have. I don't think even my wife noticed that. You must be a big fan.

#45 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:12 AM

Things I'd like for Bond 22:

- More Fleming elements, especially borrowing unused scenes/characters/locations from some of the novels;

- A low-key, kick [censored] gadget - not something over the top or too technological in scope. Something as simple as the attache case in From Russia With Love, and used in much the same, unexpected manner.

- Going with the above point, the introduction of Mj. Boothroyd and Q Branch, with Boothroyd named as such, and an avoidance of DL's Q. It should be a new character, or at least one not developed to the point of DL's Q.

- A subtle introduction to Moneypenny at the end of the film - just enough to make people go "oh! there she is!" but without stretching it too far, or trying to immitate Maxwell. Like Boothroyd, she should be slightly re-invented, and maybe only moderately used, as she was in Fleming's novels. (Perhaps something could happen to Villiers, who is then replaced by Moneypenny).

- Just one or two main exotic locations without constant, scene-for-scene globe-hopping. Fleming and the early films did this beautifully, evoking enough atmosphere and romance from the location used to make us not even want to go anywhere else (ie, Jamaica, Istanbul, Bahamas).

- With the above thread, I'd like to see New York City used in glorious detail - it was a prominent spot in the novels. It was under-used in LALD the movie and hasn't been seen since.

- Nothing cheesy to try and make Craig "fit" with previous interpretations (namely dyeing his hair).Craig IS Bond, nobody else exists as Bond, so let it be. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

- A strong continuation of the Vesper storyline. I'm expecting this, so I don't want to see some DAF-style throwaway.

- I like the organisation to come to fruition, but not meet its end. I'd like it to be SPECTRE as well, but handled differently than in the early films (people would just think of Dr. Evil's organisation if that style were used again). Blofeld should be more like Fleming's usage of him - and with no cat, though I wouldn't be opposed to some other distinguishing trademark. Nor would I be opposed to keeping his face hidden over the next film or two, as long as some mystery and anticipation could be properly built around it.

- Bond, in all his sexist glory, using and tossing aside some beauty, just to get where he needs to go. It's too early for him to fall in love and care for someone, considering he's obviously still thinking of Vesper. Then again, Fleming had Bond move on in his second novel, so I could be wrong...

- Well-plotted action, mixed with more suspense and well-crafted dramatic sequences. CR did this pretty well, though the Venice scene was kind of overly-long and too action-packed. I'd like just a couple of well-placed action set pieces that will ring in your head for so long after they're done it's not necessary to fill the void with scene after repetetive scene with smaller action. Fill those scenes up with strong dialogue, character development, and suspense!

Well, there's probably much more, but that's all I'll say for now. Cheers!

#46 SecretAgent007

SecretAgent007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

If they re-introduce Boothroyd, he should be the armorer. Q Branch should have nothing to do with weapons or gadgets. They didn't in the novels. I think he should be introduced in a scene adapted from the beginning of Moonraker where Bond is trying to out shoot the machine at the indoor range.

#47 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:49 AM

I'd been 'rooting' for Craig for years, after seeing him in Love Is The Devil, in which he had black hair. The black hair wasn't the reason i saw him as the best Bond candidate, but there seemed to be no good reason not to dye his black for Bond; it seemed plain obstinate of Craig be blonde! (Bond's hair colour was one of the few clear pointers Fleming gave us regarding the character's appearance). However, i suppose obstinance is a big part of the way Craig plays Bond and it really works, so it's too late for me now, i see CR's craig as Bond and it would be a little tacky if his hair suddenly turned black. As someone mentioned above, he could do it for a mission, but there's no longer the 'dyer' need there seemed to be before CR (and do we really want to think that the Bond character now dye's his hair every Sunday evening before his Monday briefing with M!)

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 30 March 2007 - 08:54 AM.