Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:27 AM

No thank you..

#32 jaws_dentist

jaws_dentist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

just imagine it ..... the scene opens with DC talking about the amazing deal he gets on pepsi multi-packs (can turned slogo full on to the camera)on the orient express with an enthralled double agent , DC is about to dispatch after the 'mr nice guy' routine.

however the double agent has plans to dispatch DC of his own .... suddenly .. jaws comes tear-a'rsin through the carriage , hair cut smart and lots of make-up to 'peel back the years ' .... picks craig up by his jug sized earholes ... craig crys ''i've heard of you .. this de ja vu , have we met in a future life ? ''. jaws attempts a bear trap kiss on bond's noggin.

big scuffle ensues .

bond cunningly thwarts jaws by weldin his gob shut with the exquisite 'flambe creme de month freppes' (described as a 'cheeky little dish' in realm magazine xmas edition) he ordered and has on the table .. then boots jaws out the carriage window.
the double agent is nowhere to be seen.

#33 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:51 AM

If there's one thing I can't imagine in the Daniel Craig era it's Jaws.

#34 Agent J.Bond

Agent J.Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:47 AM

why can I imagine somebody shouting to bond, 'watch out bond....there's a giant man with a zimmerframe!' LOL

#35 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:03 AM

Jaws in a Daniel Craig Bond movie . . . good grief!

#36 jaws_dentist

jaws_dentist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:32 AM

okay .. so DC is a serious actor and all that.

jaws was a jokey character in the moore movies but could easily be re-interpreted into somethin horrific and terrifyin.

the origional jaws was a wasted opurtunity and was still magnificent.

with the right 'new' actor and serious intent , jaws could bring a brief glimmer of the real horror of death and murder to the screen .

just imagine , borrowin from another 'movie/series' , if jaw's cameo was executed somethin like this ...

.. then a genuine grotesque life and death struggle ensued.

it would be SENSATIONAL !

#37 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:40 AM

Been there done that. How about a new scary henchman, 100% original?

#38 jaws_dentist

jaws_dentist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:50 AM

Been there done that. How about a new scary henchman, 100% original?

there hasnt been any memorable henchman for decades.

name a single hench-man that lives in the memory or is talked about since jaws or odd-job ? none ... they all fade away and are un-remarkable.

jaws is a priceless opurtunity and a nod to continuity.

he is the ideal character to re-introduce as a diabolical , deranged psycopath with blood curdlin physical atributes and mutilations.

movie monsters are mildly scary at best ... but there is nothin more terrifyin than a monstrous human being.

bring him on! and reinvent him as almost a supernatural serial killer and play it earnestly like a shakespearian tragedy/edgar allen poe horror.

#39 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:54 AM

Only if they bring him back in 3-D and push the promo tag "This time it's personal!".

LOL!

:cooltongue:

#40 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:33 AM

name a single hench-man that lives in the memory or is talked about since jaws or odd-job ? none ... they all fade away and are un-remarkable.

he is the ideal character to re-introduce as a diabolical , deranged psycopath with blood curdlin physical atributes and mutilations.

movie monsters are mildly scary at best ... but there is nothin more terrifyin than a monstrous human being.

bring him on! and reinvent him as almost a supernatural serial killer and play it earnestly like a shakespearian tragedy/edgar allen poe horror.

Tell you what - why not start an online petition to Eon to bring him back?

They always work.

#41 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:30 AM

They always work.

Oh, you always manage to brighten my morning with a remark like that! I get quite disappointed when I get to my desk at work, log on and find there's no new Jim-ism.

#42 jaws_dentist

jaws_dentist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

They always work.

will you sign it ?

or shall i stencil it on your harris ?

#43 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:14 AM

They always work.

There wasn't that much fuss made to get him back a second time.

#44 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:23 AM

They always work.

will you sign it ?

or shall i stencil it on your harris ?

You would run out of signatures before you got to the end.

#45 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

Isn't he unfortunately confined to a wheelchair?

I think that’s right. I know for Happy Gilmore he is never seen walking and never seen from the waist down unless he is leaning on something.

What!?!?

What about Mr Kil? Everyone loves and remembers Mr Kil. Now there is a hench for the ages. I say we bring back Mr Kil.

Or his brother, Mr Kil.

#46 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

I take it you were kidding? :cooltongue:

#47 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:25 PM

I think we should kill the idea of Mr Kil coming back from the dead.

#48 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

What about his brother, Mr Kil? Anyone one from the Kil family is guaranteed to be an excellent hencher.

#49 jaws_dentist

jaws_dentist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:29 AM

okay .. how about an updated version of wint and kidd ... played by richard simmons and elton john?

its like castin pearl before swine with you apathetic lot.

Edited by jaws_dentist, 17 March 2007 - 01:29 AM.

#50 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:20 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#51 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:52 AM

Touch

#52 AgentPB

AgentPB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:50 AM

Richard Kiel has Auto Balance problems. He either has to use a cane or a scooter to travel long distances. I know this is off topic but isn't i kind of sad that we may never get the evil villain lairs we got in the Connery and Moore eras due to increased technology. Ever volcano and under water city could be found by satellite. I think it would have been fun to see DC blow up a volcano..

#53 jaws_dentist

jaws_dentist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

i wanna see craig blow up jaws.. then jaws emerge from wreckage a little dishevelled, dust himself off , straighten his tie then go dancin with street performers. :cooltongue:

#54 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

I can't say that I'm in favor of the Jaws character returning. I don't really want to see too much of the previous series returning in this new series of Bond films. Jaws was a great character during the Moore Era (and one of the most iconic villains ever), but I think that it would be a mistake to try to bring him back and make him fit in with the new direction that they're taking the franchise when EON could just as easily come up with a brand new villain that we haven't seen before.

#55 ShySmile

ShySmile

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:49 AM

I can see the cameo now! Jaws brushing his teeth in an airport bathroom while Craig subtlely double-takes as he enters or exits.

I can see the cameo now! Jaws brushing his teeth in an airport bathroom while Craig subtlely double-takes as he enters or exits.

Sorry, forgot to say it would have to be Richard Kiel.

#56 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

If Brosnan was still Bond i think the producers would strongly consider the return of Jaws but Craig is Bond now and the're not focusing on these type of villians at this moment in time. so as Noel Coward said when he was offered the part of the vilian in the first Bond movie: "NO, NO, NO!!"

#57 macgille007

macgille007

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:15 PM

Richard Kiel is the man and you could never redo a villian like that. There are too many non-talented writers in Hollywood that cannot come up with new ideas and need to recycle the classics. How about a new villian?

Edited by macgille007, 19 March 2007 - 11:15 PM.