43 replies to this topic

#31 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

I actually disliked the blatant product placement in the film. (Just recently got the DVD and saw it for the first time today, bloody great flick.)

Since Sony owns MGM, which in effect owns the Bond license, expect 007 to become 00Sony as he uses his Vaio for intel, gets messages on his Sony Ericsson mobile phone, takes pictures with his CyberShot, and probably even gets GPS navigations from a PlayStation Portable. No longer will we see other brands featured in Bond films, which is a shame.

#32 chris-o

chris-o

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Yes, it worked on me. I spent my whole money, for this month!

I own following products:
  • Persol 2720s
  • Omega Seamaster
  • Cufflinks
  • Sony Ericsson K800i
  • Sunspel Shirt
  • Poker-Set

#33 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

I remember the good old days, when every movie just features high-end Dell computers.

#34 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I'd like one of those Eva Greens.

Ditto; I asked for a Caterina Murino for Christmas, but no such luck.

Is she the Chrismas you asked for after The World is not Enough. :cooltongue:

#35 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

Some things I saw I liked...like the Omega (for my dad and bro or for me to collect) I would like that Aston Martin. :cooltongue: I drink Smirnoff Vodka from time to time. I will be buying a bottle of Bollinger soon and a Walther, probably a PPK.

#36 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

My defibrillator has been on the fritz for months. I

#37 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:14 AM

Some things I saw I liked...like the Omega (for my dad and bro or for me to collect) I would like that Aston Martin. :cooltongue: I drink Smirnoff Vodka from time to time. I will be buying a bottle of Bollinger soon and a Walther, probably a PPK.

I picked up a bottle of Bollinger and I've definitely been meaning to pick up a Walther myself.

#38 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

I picked up a bottle of Bollinger and I've definitely been meaning to pick up a Walther myself.

Was the Bollinger good?

#39 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

Was the Bollinger good?

I'm saving it for a particular occassion (which if all goes well, will be announced hereabouts in five weeks). If all goes well, then I'll find out in December how the Bollinger is.

#40 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:35 AM

Was the Bollinger good?

I'm saving it for a particular occassion (which if all goes well, will be announced hereabouts in five weeks). If all goes well, then I'll find out in December how the Bollinger is.

Oh ok. Good luck!

#41 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:40 AM

Was the Bollinger good?

Nice. :angry: Good luck.

#42 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:23 AM

I got a Sony Ericcson phone after CR. Now I am looking on Ebay for a Solange or Vesper.

#43 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

I'm not a big enough Sony fan to buy their stuff. Not on the recommendation of a movie, even CR, anyway.

Someone recently asked David Lynch about product placement in movies. He said, "Bull [censored]*ing [censored]". Which is pretty amazing cuz how do you pronounce "*" anyhow? You tell 'em David!

I was already going to buy an Aston Martin, the PPK (special ed) and an Omega. Send off for the Omega catalog, it is very nice.

#44 007Travis

007Travis

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

Was the Bollinger good?

I've had two bottles of Bollinger Grand Annee 1990.

One of the best Champagnes I've ever had.