56 replies to this topic

#31 Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Too early for real solid news (though you never know), but not too early to speculate. I'd rather see someone like Alexander Siddig take on the role of 'the Algerian boyfriend'. Visnjic is fine, but Siddig possesses more authority, I think.

#32 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

Okay, this one has promise. Though the film will be lensing in 2008 and not late 2007. The very term 'Croatian film magazine' implies liberal pinches of salt, but we shall see.

#33 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

Okay, this one has promise. Though the film will be lensing in 2008 and not late 2007. The very term 'Croatian film magazine' implies liberal pinches of salt, but we shall see.

It is highly dubious but I could live with it if it's true.
Don't want to be a troll here but there is one teensy, weensy little problem with Goran playing next to Dan: He's very tall...
(I don't have any complaints about Dan's height and never have, but I don't see how the issue could be avoided here, even with some clever shooting.)

#34 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:40 AM

Don't want to be a troll here but there is one teensy, weensy little problem with Goran playing next to Dan: He's very tall...
(I don't have any complaints about Dan's height and never have, but I don't see how the issue could be avoided here, even with some clever shooting.)

True, he is very tall...but so was Jaws! Give Goran some big shiny teeth and all will be ok.

#35 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

An actor's height has never been an onscreen problem in the history of cinema. Ask Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman....

#36 Tired And Emotional

Tired And Emotional

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:17 AM

I can't speak for the reliability or otherwise of the original source but it's pretty certain that Goran won't be a main cast member on ER for S14. However, it seems that he is committed to a Croatian TV or film project currently in development, and this rumour is entirely new, although it's possible that after the "Visnjic As Bond" thing he wouldn't be keen to broadcast whatever hopes he's currently entertaining wrt to a role in B22. Whether or how the Croatian project would affect his availability for Bond22 I don't know - so much depends on shooting schedules and the like doesn't it?

That said it's an interesting idea; he can do menacing (he's a big bloke) but also vulnerable and introspective, so there's a decent palette on which to call. But rumour mills being what they are we could all be talking about someone else this time next week.

Edited to add: the height thing need not be an issue; it might even be capitalised on I suppose.

Edited again to say that of course if the shooting of B22 is in 2008 then whatever Goran has planned for ths summer is neither here nor there.

Edited by Tired And Emotional, 07 March 2007 - 02:06 PM.

#37 Tired And Emotional

Tired And Emotional

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:31 PM

Then again the Kovac character on ER beat a man to death with his bare hands and later roughed up a man who had assaulted his ex and saw off the disreputable ex of his then girlfriend. The apparent gentleness of the character juxtaposed with the ability to take out anyone who threatens those close to him adds interest. He played a villain in "The Deep End" to some acclaim where the sheer size of him was used to good effect in conveying quiet menace, but again the character was written and played as conflicted. It makes for some interesting possibilities beyond a straightforward bad guy IMO.

#38 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

Then again the Kovac character on ER beat a man to death with his bare hands and later roughed up a man who had assaulted his ex and saw off the disreputable ex of his then girlfriend. The apparent gentleness of the character juxtaposed with the ability to take out anyone who threatens those close to him adds interest. He played a villain in "The Deep End" to some acclaim where the sheer size of him was used to good effect in conveying quiet menace, but again the character was written and played as conflicted. It makes for some interesting possibilities beyond a straightforward bad guy IMO.

He'd do a very good complex villain - I agree.

#39 Loeffelholz

Loeffelholz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

I could live with this...better this role than that of Bond...Visnjic could certainly pass for French-Algerian, IMO...

[insert truckload of salt here]

#40 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

Pretty Cool, i would have preffered Vincent Cassel more, but i guess Goran will do a great job - if true that is :cooltongue:

#41 smartz

smartz

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

Hi there, after posting this info I also was sceptical as the magazine as i said originally is up there with the Sun newspaper. But another thing that i have considered is that Eva Green is required for some flashback filming for Bond22 this we know and her filming schedule is free sept-07 onwards but busy throughout 2008. Could it be that she will film these scenes end of 2007 when strange enough he is available from ER?

I dont know to be honest but there are other actors i would prefer to see in the role.

#42 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

But another thing that i have considered is that Eva Green is required for some flashback filming for Bond22 this we know and her filming schedule is free sept-07 onwards but busy throughout 2008. Could it be that she will film these scenes end of 2007 when strange enough he is available from ER?

Eva Green will not be appearing in Bond 22, that was a (debunked) rumor.

#43 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

Doesn't sound legit to me, but it would be kinda cool.

#44 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

Dang it, I can't wait for Bond 22, Goran or no Goran.

#45 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:14 AM

This idea with the "French-Algerian" love interest as a villain sounds terribly dull to me. And now with Goran...

#46 Lazenby

Lazenby

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I was thrilled when Goran Visnjic did not land the Bond role. I thought that his accent and TV acting could not command the role well. I am even more thrilled that he is being considered for the villain in Bond 22. I like when the bad guys are comparable to Bond both on a physical and charismatic level. Visnjic even being considered for the role warrants his consideration as the bad guy. Even though 1975

#47 LadySylvia

LadySylvia

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

[quote]Even though 1975

#48 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

As much as I like both Drax and Stromberg (I prefer a bit more gravitas with the villains - a more paternal threat to Bond rather than physical) I have to agree that Scaramanga was a great villain - and Visjnic would no doubt be able to do something just as good.

#49 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

I really haven't seen much of his work, but all the buzz about him during the casting of Bond proved (if not as Bond) he had some serious chops as an actor. I kind of tuned out of watching ER long ago, but those that I know who still do, really say he's quite good.

The potential for him to play Vesper's Algerian lover/boyfriend has some possibilities and he would be great opposite Craig's 007.

By all accounts he impresssed both MGW and BB and with rumors circulating again, he obviously has something going for him as an actor.

Time will tell.

#50 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:06 PM

I know it's only a rumour but the more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

#51 Tired And Emotional

Tired And Emotional

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

He's recently had a pretty long arc with Forrest Whitaker guest starring on ER and held his own in scenes with a guy who looks likely to sweep the board for awards this season (GG, BAFTA, OSCAR, probably an Emmy too). I don't think you can put an actor up against someone like that unless he does have some gravitas. Other guest stars he's been paired with include Ray Liotta and James Cromwell - heavyweights both.

I do think he has an economy of style which works well in conveying both menace and emotional complexity. Of course there are many other actors out there who can do this but I can quite see why BB and co might have been impressed and want to use him, especially with the change of tone established in CR.

#52 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

i was rather disappointed when Visnjic did not get the role, i thought he'd be a good one depsite his Croatian background. Blonde does not fit Bond, but i guess i'll get used to it. Craig is a great actor though. Anyway, i'm pleased that he actually might be in Bond 22. Can't wait

#53 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

Topics merged.

#54 Mr. Du Pont

Mr. Du Pont

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

Early 'Bond 22' Rumour: Goran Visnjic As The Villain?
*Possible Spoilers* Vesper's Algerian boyfriend

I love the spoiler warning when the entire spoiler is included in the headline anyway. :cooltongue:

#55 Thunderfinger

Thunderfinger

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:16 PM

He

#56 Tired And Emotional

Tired And Emotional

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

i was rather disappointed when Visnjic did not get the role, i thought he'd be a good one depsite his Croatian background. Blonde does not fit Bond, but i guess i'll get used to it. Craig is a great actor though. Anyway, i'm pleased that he actually might be in Bond 22. Can't wait

Daniel Craig is so compelling in the role that I stopped noticing the colour of his hair pretty quickly and now never even think about it. I think he's the Bond that fits the zeitgeist and that opens up a lot of possibilities wrt to lining up some seriously complex opposition for him to go up against.

#57 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:13 AM

Did anyone ever consider that maybe previous intel was wrong, and Goran was auditioning for the role of Le Chiffre? I could totally have seen him in that role, he bears quite a few similarities to Mads...