34 replies to this topic

#31 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:18 AM

Sadly, I'm only able to achieve a 136 as my right shoulder won't support more than about 37 push-ups before it's telling me bugger off and ice me now! :cooltongue:

#32 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

Yep, saw that on the other thread. Rehab the rotator cuff slowly like Bryce and I have recommended.

Cheers,

4A

P.S. It took me about 18 months. Very slow to recover. Be patient.

Edited by Four Aces, 22 April 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#33 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

I respect both your opinions and will follow your advice. In the meantime, I'll work on bringing my 2 mile run time down. :cooltongue:

#34 HawkEye007

HawkEye007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

Seeing Craig's physique in CR definitely motivated to start working out more. But of course, the movie came out right before the holidays so I was unable to start working out seriously until February or so. As of now I am up to running 3 times a week with weight training on the days in between. I can't really 'see' results, but I can feel them!

#35 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

I wasn't inspired to START working out by Mr Craig but I was inspired by what I read about his routine in a "well it worked for him" kind of way.

During the week I cut out all carbs and go for lots of protein. Each day I drink 2 litres of water and do an hour at the gym. On the weekend I eat what I like.

That's vaguely what i think DC was doing prior to CR. But, my workout is probably nowhere near as intense. I do 40 mins on a cross trainer followed by weights and crunches.

I find that, although I give myself carte blanche to get in the beers and cheesecake on the weekend, I'm never tempted to completely pig out. I don't know whether that's a psychological thing (not wanting to ruin the good work) or whether all the protein supresses the appetite.

I definetly recommend it. I'm getting definite results without feeling like I'm flogging myself.