I'm sorry, I must have seen a different film than Goldeneye where Brosnan pretty much runs away as dozens of people fire machine guns at him. A scene that seems pretty blatantly similiar to the embassy running sequence.
And while there's a great deal of Flemming in Casino Royale, there's also a great deal that's not.
My point on the construction site chase is its silly and over the top that Bond is able to match a man trained in climbing like that. It brought me out of the film like the hovercar chase in Die Another Day.
I don't even see what the big difference between "I wouldn't be very good at my job if I did" is so different from the Beach conversation in Goldeneye.
It brought you out of the film like the hovercraft
chase did it? I imagine the para surfing sequence managed to bring you right back into it though.
Quite laughable this comment "while there is a great deal of Flemming in Casino Royale, there's also a great deal that's not". Give detailed examples, those types of sweeping generalisations sound great until you have to back them up with proof.
1. Bond's background into joining the OO section is covered in both the novel and film. And one kill is easier than the other.
2. The Villian looses money he is instructed to invest.
3. Said villian desperate to recoup lost funds turns to gambling at the Casino Royale
4. Bond's cover is blown before he arrives to battle Le Chiffre
5. M sends someone to keep an eye on Bond
6. Bond meets allies, Leiter, Mathis
7. Almost killed in the course of the few days at Casino Royale and Hotel Splendid
8. The villian's henchmen try to kill OO7 in the casino
9. Bond is captured and tortured, Vesper is used as leverage
10. OO7 is rescued by an enemy of his enemy, after near castration
11. He recouperates in hospital and Vesper looks after him
12. Bond contemplates resigning.
13. Vesper ultimately reveals her motivations, ultimately tries to save Bond's life
14. Heroine commits suicide
15. OO7 vows vengence on those responsible for Vesper's death.
No, definantly not much Fleming in there.
Have you read the novel?