Nintendo Pushing For GoldenEye 007 On New Wii Console

35 replies to this topic

#31 50 Yen

50 Yen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

I think that would be great if they did it, even if I don't think they can, I'd like to see how the modified versions of all the characters would look like, heck, I'd also like to see their faces change when they're hurt and stuff like that. One thing that I do hope they get rid of, though, are those annoying dead guards speaking glitches (those glitches always annoyed me) that have been a traditional glitch in the Bond games. I would also like to hear their voices, like the two soldiers from the archives in the interrogation room interrogating Bond, or the guard who comes in saying new orders are to kill the spy at once, or all the other conversations. Even if this probably won't happen, I think that it would be cool to think about it.

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

I think that would be great if they did it, even if I don't think they can, I'd like to see how the modified versions of all the characters would look like, heck, I'd also like to see their faces change when they're hurt and stuff like that. One thing that I do hope they get rid of, though, are those annoying dead guards speaking glitches (those glitches always annoyed me) that have been a traditional glitch in the Bond games. I would also like to hear their voices, like the two soldiers from the archives in the interrogation room interrogating Bond, or the guard who comes in saying new orders are to kill the spy at once, or all the other conversations. Even if this probably won't happen, I think that it would be cool to think about it.

You bring up an interesting point. There were so many glitches and odd bits about GoldenEye (whether they were obtained with a Gameshark or not) that I wonder if they would stay with this "transfer."

All those glitches, mysteries, and oddities made the game all the more fun and interesting in my opinion.

Welcome to CBn, by the way. :)

#33 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:10 PM

It'll never happen. If Nintendo gets it the best they'll do is add online multiplayer support, but I'm not even sure they'll do that. Same goes for Microsoft, but in the end Activision will probably shut them both down because they don't want either trying to take away from their upcoming game. Speaking of which, I know someone developing one of their games. I bounced my FPS to TPS idea a la Rainbow Six: Vegas off of him (see another thread here for that) and all he said was that he couldn't talk about it, but that I probably wouldn't be disappointed (he said "the next game would be good" and not to worry :)). Interpret that on your own. He'll probably open up when it gets closer to release (still a long ways off). I don't expect the game till this time next year at the earliest. I don't know though. Initially their first game was going to be a Bond 22 tie-in which.. clearly would set them back another year. Hopefully one late 2007 and another with Bond 22 in 2008. Maybe, but I digress...

#34 50 Yen

50 Yen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

Basically, it's only the dead guards speaking that annoyed me, the other glitches are fun and make the game interesting (I say it in present tense 'cuz I still frequently play the game).

#35 Semedi

Semedi

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:14 AM

It's almost as if you're rubbing your hands together in glee at the thought of us being shut down K1Bond007. :)

#36 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:54 AM

It's almost as if you're rubbing your hands together in glee at the thought of us being shut down K1Bond007. :)

Not really. I have no sympathy for them when they get nailed and shut down later on though. I don't think GE:S is all that great in the first place. It's alpha, but when I played it it wasn't that good at all - a relic of the N64 that probably should have stayed there. We'll see when the Beta is released.