44 replies to this topic

#1 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

So, if what Green has been saying about the prominent role of Vesper's boyfriend is true, would it be a possibility that Algiers could be a location (obviously not a requirement just because he's Algerian...)?

I'm sure London will also be a Bond 22 location.

(Take this out of spoilers if it doesn't need to be here)

#2 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:39 PM

I hope it takes place in London.

If I'm not mistaken, CR is the first Bond movie that takes place in London in a while, isn't it?

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

'...and we

#4 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:46 PM

^ Ah. Reeeefreshingg.

#5 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

If they do shoot in London then getting Matthew Vaughn to direct would be a wise move, he captures London brilliantly in Layer Cake, it has a very Michael Mann type look for it.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:58 PM

Welcome to the CBn Forums, bond 16.05.72. :)

#7 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

If they do shoot in London then getting Matthew Vaughn to direct would be a wise move, he captures London brilliantly in Layer Cake, it has a very Michael Mann type look for it.

ehhh I don't really think Matthew Vaughn is the right guy for the job. He did excellent with Layer Cake, but idk.

#8 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:03 AM

If I'm not mistaken, CR is the first Bond movie that takes place in London in a while, isn't it?

What about DAD? Or the pretitles of TWINE? Or the other two Brosnans?

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:35 AM

They've mentioned London, but I'm not really sure which specific locations they could use around the city, and how they could use them. Will be interesting to see though. I would quite like to see some sort of Middle Eastern location used; I believe that Malta doubles quite effectively for that sort of look (as seen in MUNICH).

#10 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:13 AM

Oh I haven't watched those in a while so I don't remember...

#11 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:39 AM

Oh I haven't watched those in a while so I don't remember...

I think GE and TND is a bit of a cheat on my part, since every Bond film has at least one or two scenes at M's office in London. But the teaser sequence in TWINE is partially set in London (Bond chasing a baddie on the River Thames) and DAD has a decent sized portion of the film in London as well.

#12 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:48 AM

I'm sure they could use London well...

#13 Agent J.Bond

Agent J.Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:00 AM

One question....why haven't they even thought about filming a bond movie in Australia? Come on....somewhere original!

#14 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:03 AM

One question....why haven't they even thought about filming a bond movie in Australia? Come on....somewhere original!

I'm sure they'll have thought about it. The last couple of movies they probably didn't want to bearing in mind that it was quite soon after MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2 filmed there, but I'd imagine that Bond will travel Down Under at some point.

#15 TRIPLE.O7

TRIPLE.O7

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

How about DAD when Bond fought with Graves and at the end? Didn't it take place in London?

#16 JP007

JP007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

I would actually like to see some place new, something that hasn

Edited by JP007, 30 November 2006 - 08:22 PM.

#17 Marquis

Marquis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

I'd love to see Bond return to Rio De Janeiro at some point in the future.

#18 columbo

columbo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

Azores would be a good place. Sintra too with the exotic Palace of Pena !
Lanzarote will be great with vulcans and dark sand. Indonesia, Bali have a smooth atmosfer!!
France is one of the countries that could be used, its fashion!!

#19 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:16 PM

As far as where I'd like to see Bond go, I wouldn't mind Brazil or Buenos Aires, or even Canada (We've never seen much of a forest chase! Would make for great cat & mouse!). They actually used one of the locations I wanted most, Lake Como, in CR. I didn't think they would after EpII and Ocean's 12.

Others: France, Ireland, Japan, Some of the US, and perhaps even Russia

#20 zstoneVII

zstoneVII

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:18 AM

how about Dubai?!

gorgeous sand and sea and some amazing architecture in the background such as the emirates palace for a hotel (8 stars...definitely Bond standard) or the largest hotel in the world, the glorious looking Burj Al Arab. For anyone that has been there it is a very modern place with a lot of construction yet still has traditional Arab markets etc...could easily be put in a Bond film as an exotic location.

#21 swaz

swaz

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:43 AM

If they choose London I want to see Bond's bachelor pad! :)

#22 *Gala*

*Gala*

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

how about Dubai?!

gorgeous sand and sea and some amazing architecture in the background such as the emirates palace for a hotel (8 stars...definitely Bond standard) or the largest hotel in the world, the glorious looking Burj Al Arab. For anyone that has been there it is a very modern place with a lot of construction yet still has traditional Arab markets etc...could easily be put in a Bond film as an exotic location.

Well, you've gotta be kidding me for a few reasons...

1) The Burj Al Arab isn't at all that fancy. The Ritz Carlton in Dubai is far more beautiful. Trust me, I've lived in Dubai 18 yrs so I know that place quite a bit. Hotel's expensive, but the inside decorations leave you stirred... not shaken. It would be amazing for a hang out for a rich bad guy... but not classy enough for Bond... hee hee!!!

2) They'd be shooting Bond where I'd lived all my life when I'd be in University and therefore I couldn't hand around all day wherever they'd be hoping to nab as many autographs as I'd like... lool

#23 zstoneVII

zstoneVII

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:42 PM

from a cinematic point of overview and as the tallest hotel in the world its a striking looking building with gorgeous sand and blue water in the backdrop. The location of Dubai was merely for having the gorgeous sand sea and some interesting and different construction feats on show, not talking about Changing Rooms interiors and what colour Bond wallpaper would prefer.

Having lived in DUbai you must know that the impact of the Burj and its surroundings are stunning, on a cinema screen it would be quite marvellous to look at im sure.

#24 db5

db5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:45 PM

I hope it will take place in Liding

#25 *Gala*

*Gala*

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:32 AM

from a cinematic point of overview and as the tallest hotel in the world its a striking looking building with gorgeous sand and blue water in the backdrop. The location of Dubai was merely for having the gorgeous sand sea and some interesting and different construction feats on show, not talking about Changing Rooms interiors and what colour Bond wallpaper would prefer.

Having lived in DUbai you must know that the impact of the Burj and its surroundings are stunning, on a cinema screen it would be quite marvellous to look at im sure.

Alright, so the wallpaper thing was random... lol. But I still think that the Burj is seriously overrated and a ton of propaganada. The one thing that DOES fascinate me is the architecture on the back of the Burj and the direction it points to... very very interesting indeed. But hotel-wise, though I obviously haven't spent a night in the royal suite where Bond probably would, I still think it's seriously overrated.

As for the sand and water... Maldives were far prettier if you want it just for the sake of filming. It's sooo darn poluted out here in Dubai that you can't see a sunset properly! The sky just gets all grey and icky... No good for romance I guess but then again... Bond 22 probably won't have too much of that.

#26 zstoneVII

zstoneVII

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

No good for romance I guess but then again... Bond 22 probably won't have too much of that.

LOL

ye as u said for beaches etc stacks of places better than Dubai! Def love to see London involved above all though

#27 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Craig do a Pacific tour of Russia down to Japan down to Australia.

Other then that, I've always thought that one of those little islands with governments people set up to avoid laws would be a nice hideout. See the below link for a reference.

http://www.sealandgov.org/

#28 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:54 PM

Hadn't realized this was in the spoiler section until now, but I already knew the "spoiler". :)

I don't really care so long as it isn't in Philadelphia. Unless, of course, they plan on nuking it.

#29 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:29 AM

I'm sure they'll have thought about it. The last couple of movies they probably didn't want to bearing in mind that it was quite soon after MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2 filmed there, but I'd imagine that Bond will travel Down Under at some point.

Yes, come here to Australia!!! Then we can get involved in watching the filming, or try to become an extra!!

As for London - to me it always features heavily in the Bond movies, especially the PTS for TWINE, and then the Fencing fight in DAD, plus the underground station. Maybe they're planning on showing us Bond's apartment again.

#30 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:43 AM

Yes, come here to Australia!!! Then we can get involved in watching the filming, or try to become an extra!!

As for London - to me it always features heavily in the Bond movies, especially the PTS for TWINE, and then the Fencing fight in DAD, plus the underground station. Maybe they're planning on showing us Bond's apartment again.

I wonder how many continents they will use in the next film? (3 in CR - Bahamas, Miami (N America), MAdagascar (Africa) and Europe (England, Montenegro, Italy).

I always want to see Europe in a Bond film and more Africa would be good too. I think N America has been overused (bar Canada) same with Asia.