92 replies to this topic

#91 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:58 AM

I think they should hire Roger Moore as the new director. He did direct many TV before, and that would be one helluva piece of hype in all the rags !

#92 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

Ok, eventhough he didn't get the job, Michell still is the kind of director EON is interested in. So we can cross Michell off the Bond Director Prediction List and look whether the next candidate will be either Frears (who just wrapped his new film 'The Queen'), Jon Amiel (who despite the announcement of 'Angel Makers', isn't in preproduction), Stephen Hopkings (who is still available), Roger Donaldson (also available), Stuart Baird (eventhough he'd be too busy editing 'CR' for pre on Bond 22), Michael Caton Jones (also still available), Mick Jackson (although he isn't getting any younger) or Antonia Bird (yes a woman, but a very exciting choice). Time will tell.

#93 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

If Stuart Baird never steps foot in the directors chair again I'll be happy. He absolutely butchered the last Star Trek film, and I'd hate to see what he'd do with a James Bond film.