This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

All against Hugh, Russel, Matthew and Mel, sign here!

40 replies to this topic

#31 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 02 June 2002 - 10:06 AM

General Koskov (01 Jun, 2002 10:26 p.m.):
Okay, I think we're all agreed that Brad Pitt is the next James Bond. The End.

* * Blofeld's Cat accidently chomps into his "you-know-what" while cleaning himself. * *

#32 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 11:30 AM

I hate it when that happens. :)

#33 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 08:40 AM

I'm not sure about Hugh Jackman yet, because I've only seen him as Wolverine in X-men (maybe I should watch Kate and Leopold because I've heard he has a British accent), but as for Mel, Matthew, and Russel... Are you MAD? :eek:

#34 007luvchild

007luvchild

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:18 PM

With all the rumors, I was once very discourage and even agreed to have another 6-year hiatus because I couldn't see any of the suggestions as Bond. Hugh Jackman - even though, he's really really cute, I'm afraid he'll be to high profile to be 007. Same reason for Russell Crowe, although I acknowledge he's a good actor, I really don't care that much for him. Mel Gibson, with such snobbery, he commented once on E!, he wouldn't diminished himself to such a role unless they have some bright ideas. (this was ten years ago). Colin Firth, I do love. His portrayal as Mr. Darcy in A&E Pride and Prejudice would convince me he could do it but I feel more comfortable to see him in roles where he's the academic, pompous barrister in Bridget Jones Diary, and obsessed football coach rather than Bond. However, there's only two people I can accept as 007: Nathaniel Parker, and Clive Owen. However, to be realistic, I think they're not that well known in the US. Then there are your popular favorites among Entertainment magazines and such, who praises either Christian Bale, or Jude Law who come off as rather pretty boy to me.

#35 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 06:53 PM

Matt Perry will and should be the next Bond.

"Oh...My...GAWD! Pussy, could you BE any sexier?"

#36 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 02:03 AM

In Matthew Perry's defense (oh, and I dont want him as Bond, just saying) if he actually did get the role of Bond, I'm sure he would attempt to play it true to the character.

Although it is funnier imagining Chandler as Bond :)

#37 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 03:49 AM

A resounding "NO!" to Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Matthew Perry and Mel Gibson. I wouldn't want any of those guys to play 007. That said, I think Gibson COULD have been a good Bond had he been cast instead of Dalton or in the early 1990s, but I don't think he's aged well (unlike Brosnan), he's looking fairly past it these days.
Christian Bale, Jude Law, etc. seem far too fey (and, arguably, too young) for the role. Colin Firth, Ewan McGregor, Clive Owen... none of the names that regularly crop up in these threads seems quite right to me.
The one British actor I'd like to see take a shot at the role is Hugh Grant. I think he has what it takes to shed his bumbling fop image and play some aspects of Bond very well, although I must admit that this idea comes partly from the casting-so-bizarre-it-might-actually-work school of thought. There's also a very young (27-ish) British actor called Jack Davenport (supporting role in "The Talented Mr Ripley", and well known in the UK for playing a smarmy lawyer in the TV drama series "This Life") who I'd suggest the EON people keep an eye on.
While I've got plenty of suggestions for the next Bond girl/villain/M/Felix Leiter, it's tricky thinking of an actor who'd be absolutely perfect as the next James Bond. Brosnan's going to be a very hard act to follow.

#38 Predator_007

Predator_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 02:47 PM

Originally posted by ray t
I heard Eon considers Robbie Williams a Joke.  

The guy appearently needs to have acting lessons...

i guess your hoping for robbie to get the role so he can quickly run a 40-odd year franchise into the ground :)

No MGM are doing a pretty good job of that at the moment ...

Seriously, Robbie Williams isn't quite the joke you immediately think ... he does at least have a passion for the Bond series (did Dalton give a fig for Bond? Discuss) and filmed the homage to Connery's Bond that is the Millenium video - it might not be high art, but he carries off the Connery look - and no, that won't make him a potential Bond actor, but at least someone can see the funny side!

#39 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 03:50 AM

okay, befor you shoot me...........

i would like a young, unknown, actor to play bond. It worked for Connery!

I couldn't really stand someone who would be remembered for another role. Pierce and Tim were perfecty picks, i didn't have too much room to argue.

but I don't see anyone nowadays to take over. bring someone New

AND NOT A YANK!!!!!!!!!

#40 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 03:51 AM

Originally posted by Predator_007

No MGM are doing a pretty good job of that at the moment ...

Seriously, Robbie Williams isn't quite the joke you immediately think ... he does at least have a passion for the Bond series (did Dalton give a fig for Bond? Discuss) and filmed the homage to Connery's Bond that is the Millenium video - it might not be high art, but he carries off the Connery look - and no, that won't make him a potential Bond actor, but at least someone can see the funny side!

at first I thought you said RobbiN williams, now that's scary!

#41 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 03:53 AM

anywho, back on topic, I agree to be, uh, anti-everyone we've mentioned as bond!