New Bond

65 replies to this topic

#1 FallinRetard9

FallinRetard9

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 12:58 AM

Who do u think should be the next actor to portray James Bond, after Pierce Brosnan?

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 02:22 PM

Hardyboy (23 May, 2002 02:06 a.m.):
. . .and have you seen Carrie Fisher lately?

Yes. She hasn't changed a bit.
Ok, so a few wrinkles here and there, but she's still as beautiful as she was in 1977.

#3 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 06:07 PM

White Persian (23 May, 2002 01:46 p.m.):

Roger was strongly typecast as the Saint, and Brossers identified with Remington Steele, yet that recognition factor, if anything, helped the transition to Bond.
Actually I think that residual memory of Wolverine's savagery might enhance Jackman's performance if he was to be cast as Bond, adding an element of menace.

Hadn't thought of these points, White Persian; and excellent points they are. I think, though, that people were willing to accept Moore and Brosnan because they did play elegant, sophisticated detectives and so it wasn't too great a leap for them to go to an elegant, sophisticated spy. Jackman, though, may build his career on playing a feral, wild and woolly superhero, and this could lead to some people being unable to see him as anything else (and it could also lead Jackman to decide he doesn't want to get stuck in another film franchise). . .but I agree that an element of savagery is needed in Bond.

#4 kameleon

kameleon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 01:42 PM

KEANU REEVES

#5 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 07:29 PM

kameleon (09 May, 2002 02:42 p.m.):
KEANU REEVES

As much as I respect your opinion my opinion is that your opinion is absolutely insane. I suggest you sit down in a darkened room and think about what you ahve just typed! Seriously (and if you are being serious) why Keanu? I'd be interested to know.

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 07:46 PM

Evil Doctor Cheese (09 May, 2002 08:29 p.m.):I suggest you sit down in a darkened room and think about what you ahve just typed!

Oh, the humanity! :)

#7 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 11:41 PM

kameleon (09 May, 2002 02:42 p.m.):
KEANU REEVES

"Yo, psychotic villain dude..."

#8 ronson

ronson

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 10:41 AM

clive owen - he's in croupier and tv series second sight - very Daltonesque

#9 kameleon

kameleon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 01:01 PM

It was joke

#10 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 01:29 PM

kameleon (10 May, 2002 02:01 p.m.):
It was joke

See me laugh inwardly.

#11 Mouse

Mouse

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 02:46 PM

Has anybody heard of the TV series "Dark Angel"? The principle villain in that is played an actor called Martin Cummins, who was also in the Poltergeist series. He more than looks the part but who knows if he can play 007?

I believe he should be strongly considered and he is more "available" to the producers, not being as big a star as a certain Hugh Jackman.

I also agree that Clive Owen would make a good Bond.

#12 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 06:09 PM

Tanger (23 May, 2002 03:22 p.m.):

Hardyboy (23 May, 2002 02:06 a.m.):
. . .and have you seen Carrie Fisher lately?

Yes. She hasn't changed a bit.
Ok, so a few wrinkles here and there, but she's still as beautiful as she was in 1977.

Tanger, I speak from a broken heart. I had a massive crush on Carrie Fisher in 1977, when I was 11; and so it's hard to see her now looking matronly. We always want our first loves to stay unchanged. . .

#13 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 01:06 AM

It could also be that he doesn't want to deal with an arthritic Harrison Ford and a senile Mark Hamill. . .and have you seen Carrie Fisher lately? gl2

#14 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 May 2002 - 02:30 AM

But if Mark and Harrison are old, can they whip and light-sabre him to death? :)

#15 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 10:46 PM

Hardyboy (22 May, 2002 02:48 a.m.):
He explained that by the time he finishes the films he'll be in his seventies and he wants to do other things.

Other things like...reflecting that his films add up to five minutes real acting/stunts, and three hours of computer animation no better than Power Point? :)

#16 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 May 2002 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for that. I was using UpcomingMovies.com and they had nothing there about this in the movie.
I hear that he's been offered a part in SW Ep III as a jedi knight so I think these two parts could marr his chances.
Off topic a bit, I also heard that Lucas was going to make Ep III his last one and not do 9 films in total as he originally planned. Shame, I was quite looking forward to see what direction they were going to take the last three in.

You're very much welcome. I hadn't heard that Jackman was being courted for Episode III; but I did hear that Lucas is scuttling plans for Eps. VII-IX. He explained that by the time he finishes the films he'll be in his seventies and he wants to do other things. Ha! Age never stopped Cubby Broccoli!

#17 MicroGlobe One

MicroGlobe One

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 May 2002 - 08:43 PM

HUGH JACKMAN!

He is it! No questions asked. He's phenomenal, up and coming, and built for the part. Jackman is just the man to follow Brosnan. I'll be a happy man when I finally see the words, "Hugh Jackman is Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in..."

HUGH JACKMAN IS THE NEXT JAMES BOND!

#18 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 01:16 AM

Hey BondChick77. Welcome to CBN.
There are quite a few topics like this all ready open. Just thought I'd tell you before a staff member did.

Hugh Jackman is up front as the next Bond. I'd actually prefer someone else though.
You?

#19 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 May 2002 - 10:45 PM

I have said this before on the site but I feel I should mention it again.
In my opinion Ewan McGregor would be a great bond although he might be a little short I don't think this is the most inportant thing when casting a new bond actor when you consider how much his look has changed over the years.
The only problem I can see with this is Ewan's age which I do consider to be inportant so he may have to be the seventh bond actor.

p.s. He could probably do a good Connery inpersonation.

#20 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 May 2002 - 01:27 AM

I like Ewan MacGregor--he's a terrific actor, and his impersonation of Alec Guinness is dead-on--but he doesn't seem to have the Bond "look," in my opinion. MacGregor is too elvin, too boyish, too puckish. Bond should be dark and menacing, which is why my two favorites are Hugh Jackman and Clive Owen (I'd also nominate Jason Isaacs if I didn't suspect he may be a bit too old for the role now). I also think that, in about ten years, Ioann Gruffudd might make a good Bond--he needs to lose his peach fuzz and get some lines in his face, though.

#21 The_Godfather

The_Godfather

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 12:08 AM

Dougray Scot IS BOND!!

#22 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 02:58 PM

In order of preference: Hugh Grant, Dougray Scott, Jack Davenport.
I agree that Ewan McGregor is too boyish and just doesn't have the "Bond look". Also, audiences would keep thinking of Obi Wan Kenobi. Obviously, Grant has been "boyish" many a time onscreen, but I get the feeling he could do "dangerous" fairly effectively, and looks-wise he's not a million miles away from Bond as described by Fleming.
Davenport is a British actor best known for playing a cocky, womanizing lawyer in the UK TV series This Life. He also has a small role in the Matt Damon/Jude Law/Gwyneth Paltrow-starring The Talented Mr Ripley. He's only 27 or so, and while I don't believe that EON should chase the LOTR/Spider-man crowd by choosing the next Bond on the basis of youth, I do think it would be a refreshing change to have a much younger 007 next time round (as far as I know, the youngest screen Bond was George Lazenby, who was 29 at the time of OHMSS - since then Bond's always been middle-aged, sometimes looking way, way over the hill).

#23 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 05:03 PM

Yes, a young Bond would be nice. Brosnan looks good, still, but I mean someone who really is young.

Just don't pull an 'Adventures of Young James Bond' thing and ruin modern civilisation! :)

#24 kameleon

kameleon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 09:11 PM

Pierce do 2 more Bonds movies and than Ewan McGregor will play

#25 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 18 May 2002 - 09:22 PM

No way Ewan Mcgregor! I agree he is a very good actor but he does'nt 'look' like Bond. Bond is supposed to be in his early 30's, tall, dark, suave and sexually aggresive. Ewan McGregor is short, has orange hair and is too young. Also, Hugh Jackman is not, I reapeat NOT Bond. He is American, and Bond is British. Bond has, and always will, be played by a British actor. My personal favourite to play Bond next is Clive Owen, definately the next Dalton.

#26 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 01:02 AM

Carver, Hugh Jackman is Australian, not American--but he's brilliant at accents. He gave a convincing American (or was it Canadian?) accent in "X-Men," and in "Kate and Leopold" he mastered a perfect uppercrust British accent. That alone convinced me he could handle the role of Bond. Jackman would be a great choice; but I also like Clive Owen.

#27 Lonely Gunman

Lonely Gunman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 03:40 PM

What about Joseph Fiennes? I don

#28 Mouse

Mouse

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 05:31 PM

I still say Martin Cummins or, dare I say it, an unknown.

Why not an unknown? I suppose the last time an unknown was chosen everybody dissed him.

I too think Clive Owen would be good.

#29 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 08:39 PM

I know a lot of people have said this before, but I think it needs re-iteration: I should play James Bond after Brosnan.

#30 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 08:41 PM

Just Kidding.