45 replies to this topic

#31 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

As for the comment that color should be interspersed by CGI into the B&W PTS, I do like that idea, but I'm certain EON would never go for it, as they will want to avoid demolishing the suspension of disbelief. Sin City KNEW it was a comic come to life, and the splashes of color only intensified the comic-book sensibility.

On the other hand, the insertion of color in Schindler's List, drove home the drama and was an unsubtle message from Spielberg about the Nazi atrocities. But even then, this kind of intentional highlighting would not work in a Bond film.

It would be received with the same groans as seeing an invisible car and glacier parasurfing... :tup:

I disagree. From what we see in the trailer, the black and white with the red being the first color we see looks wonderful and I think it will be an "Oh cool!" moment with audiences.

#32 sidspappy

sidspappy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

I disagree. From what we see in the trailer, the black and white with the red being the first color we see looks wonderful and I think it will be an "Oh cool!" moment with audiences.

Oh, I see what you mean. If the first color we see is the blood in the gunbarrel (and that segues to the credits), then yeah, "Oh cool!" is definitely the word of the day. As a transitive device, it would work. I was more hesitant about the usage of color directly within the PTS - like blood on Bond's gray hands being a vivid red, or crimson slatters on walls punctuating the violence of the fight scenes, etc. I just think *that* would be considered a bit too "hokey" for modern audiences viewing a Bond film.

#33 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

What i dont understand is why bond is keep skippind back and forth between his two kills or is that just the way i read it in the script?

#34 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

It's just two sequences intercut with each other. It keeps the flow of the pretitles going. It's quite an effective device that many filmakers use.

#35 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:18 AM

Is in the teaser when M calls bond "a blunt instrument", or after the titles?

#36 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:44 AM

Is in the teaser when M calls bond "a blunt instrument", or after the titles?

That's after the titles, and after the scenes in Madagascar.

In other pretitles news, looks like the cricket ground in Pakistan is going to be filmed at Eton College. Will be amazed to see how they can transform the pavilion, having played cricket at the ground before!

#37 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

Does Bond talk to Dryden and Fisher before killing them?

#38 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

Does Bond talk to Dryden and Fisher before killing them?

Briefly... to one of them.

#39 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:33 PM

What does he say?

#40 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

What does he say?

He briefly talks about how his first kill was rather messy (as we intercut to the fight and back to the conversation...if done right it will be a very tight sequence). It's interesting, because while his first kill is the one in the bathroom, we (the audience) actually get to view it second.

#41 Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

What does he say?

He briefly talks about how his first kill was rather messy (as we intercut to the fight and back to the conversation...if done right it will be a very tight sequence). It's interesting, because while his first kill is the one in the bathroom, we (the audience) actually get to view it second.

Now I understand the gunbarrel in the bathroom. I was wondering why they added it to the first kill and not to the second since I thought the gunbarrel will change the movie from black and white into colour.

#42 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

I tought the film started with Bond killing Dryden, then, Bond kills Dryden and then, the gunbarrel and titles.

#43 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:50 PM

Bond kills Dryden twice? :tup:

The scene is shot in a way where we actually view the second kill first, and the first kill second. After we witness the death in the bathroom (which is technically the first kill, but we see it second) that's when they cut to the gunbarrel and credits sequence.

#44 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

Thanx, Jim.

#45 Gustav Graves

Gustav Graves

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:39 PM

Bond kills Dryden twice? :tup:

The scene is shot in a way where we actually view the second kill first, and the first kill second. After we witness the death in the bathroom (which is technically the first kill, but we see it second) that's when they cut to the gunbarrel and credits sequence.

So basically, this will mean a repeat of 'Doctor No' :D. Gunbarrel smoothly merging into the main titles :D

#46 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

Essentially, yeah. Only this time the gunbarrel is just the gunbarrel, no white dots.